DCS World Dedicated Server

Yea i know, and i had started it up and got stuff in ServerSettings.lua still wouldnt start.

Once i used my OLD serversettings.lua then it started, but with the new i just wouldnt start...

Same issue and solution here. The old settings file works, and the server starts up by itself. The file created by the server itself, doesn't appear to work.

• ED Team
Also note, after I pressed download it took only a few seconds. All that is in the bin folder is DCS_Updater.EXE.

Let's check the setup log. It is located in AppData/Local/Temp/Setup Log xxx #nnn.txt - where xxx is current date and nnn is the run number.

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
Yea i know, and i had started it up and got stuff in ServerSettings.lua still wouldnt start.

Once i used my OLD serversettings.lua then it started, but with the new i just wouldnt start...

Please attach this broken file.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Let's check the setup log. It is located in AppData/Local/Temp/Setup Log xxx #nnn.txt - where xxx is current date and nnn is the run number.

There are no files like that in that location.

1930256310_ScreenGrab.jpg.9a597f69ab10545ff9dca64226eb7507.jpg

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

I have the same problem. On our remove PC, I set it to auto-run the shortcut to "C:\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

so the dedicated server app is running, but no mission is started. What is the workaround exactly, anyone knows, Im not sure I undersand the quoted post above

• ED Team
There are no files like that in that location.

That's strange... Anyway, you situation looks like the setup is skipping one important step.

You can fix this by manually running

bin\DCS_updater.exe install DEDICATED_SERVER

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

I have the same problem. On our remove PC, I set it to auto-run the shortcut to "C:\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

so the dedicated server app is running, but no mission is started. What is the workaround exactly, anyone knows, Im not sure I undersand the quoted post above

Did you go to the Web Gui and add a mission? I had to go to DCS World web page login to my profile and select the server then use the + to add a mission. It took a bit to load it but it did work

Thats gutting be better to have the server run all the time, Maybe ED is working on away with this?

I can't let this fall away, sorry.

Coxy_99, the software that IS "the server" is an application that is installed and running on YOUR computer. If you shut that computer off, the application no longer runs. Therefore, it can not be accessed.

If you want a persistent server to "run all the time", you have to have the software running on a computer that runs all the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

That worked thanks.

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

• ED Team

The problem is in the "version" field which is not written by WebGUI, but is required by --server option.

Is it expected that the mission.LST that uses drive letters other than the install path will parse the UNC path and change it back to the local drive letter? Will we ever have a work around for running missions on a different drive, since we cannot traverse drives from the Web Gui?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

My group runs some export scripts for data, this seems that we need to relocate all of this paths in order for this file to work, along with internal scripts on the missions them selves which have a trigger to start a new mission from a certain directory.

Any update with tacview as well? How can we edit the download time for this or delay time?

Config\Options.lua is where they go. Where you get the actual options from I'm not sure, maybe checkout a local non server install.

My group runs some export scripts for data, this seems that we need to relocate all of this paths in order for this file to work, along with internal scripts on the missions them selves which have a trigger to start a new mission from a certain directory.

Any update with tacview as well? How can we edit the download time for this or delay time?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I tried this on a laptop, when i launch dcs world server with the shortcut all i get is a black screen with dcs world written on it.

Using the web gui shortcut i get connection failed.

Using netstat -bano i see that dcs.exe is in execution and opens the 8088 port but if i try to open 127.0.0.1:8088 i get another error (which I don’t remember now...something on the method).

I tried repair but nothing.

What i am doing wrong?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

use the desktop link called Local Web GUI to talk to your server (locally)

That’s the one i used

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Had the same issue - I installed, ran the server dedicated icon on the desktop. I get a splashscreen box with DCS logo.

If I use IE or Edge - no go

Firefox worked fine...

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Do you still change the web port in the autoconfig file for running more than one instance of dcs server?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Had the same issue - I installed, ran the server dedicated icon on the desktop. I get a splashscreen box with DCS logo.

If I use IE or Edge - no go

Firefox worked fine...

That's all you are going to see. That's normal.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I have 3 servers up and running, but I'm only seeing one of the three in DCS. They all use port 10308 so what would be the reason that two of them are not showing in the DCS server list?

thanks.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

yes

Thanks bud. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

I have 3 servers up and running, but I'm only seeing one of the three in DCS. They all use port 10308 so what would be the reason that two of them are not showing in the DCS server list?

thanks.

Yes. Use 10308, 10309, 10310 or any other port you like. For instance 12345 :)