Is it possible to restart EF2000?

EcceHomo

I doubt that ever really started - or even was an actual project, besides a bit of 3D modelling.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

EF2000? Mehn, I was so looking forward to flying it in dcs. So sad those guys working on it fell apart.

It would be great to see it implemented in the future.

Enjoyed the DID version of this aircraft back in the days.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

To be blunt, the Eurofighter we were going to receive was Block 5 of the Tranche 1 production. It was as basic as could be. It isn't very representative of the Eurofighter many would want.

If it were to be picked back up, a later Tranche with more capability would be preferrable.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

To be blunt, the Eurofighter we were going to receive was Block 5 of the Tranche 1 production. It was as basic as could be. It isn't very representative of the Eurofighter many would want.

If it were to be picked back up, a later Tranche with more capability would be preferrable.

There are too many American fighters in the game. It would be a start if there were advanced European fighters. The flight manual for EF-2000 has also been published.

Its not going to happen. According to VEAO themselves they had a contract with the British MOD. I highly doubt if the MOD would sign a contract with such a malicious company anyway. Next to that, VEAO themselves had suprisingly little know-how on how to develop for DCS. AFAIK their code was very bad and they had to hire external software developers to fix some things for them. In conclusion; the Tiffy probably never existed anywhere else then in their corrupted minds.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

The Eurofighter is to new an aircraft with too many classified systems to make a fully modeled variant likely.

I'd much rather prefer a Tornado anyway.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Something that Heatblur would be more than capable of doing - a more modern European fighter for DCS. Eurofighter, Rafale or Gripen would be all high on my list. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It was a lot like the real euro fighter program, lots of broken promises, missed deadlines, and immature practices. All for a product that can be beat by stuff already on the market for less time and money :)

Care to enlighten us on which platforms you are referring to in your last sentence? Otherwise it smacks of baseless Wiki twaddle. :lol:

Edited by Harry.R
Edit for clarity

Sure, buy the F-15 it’s better in every way. Can’t afford that, get the F-16, or the Mirage. The Ef2000 was a political decision above everything else. It weakened it’s development and design from the beginning. When seen outside the context of politics it’s not better or cheaper, then similarly purposed aircraft already available at the same time.

The lesson learned is aircraft design/development is hard, risky, and should not be left to comity. It takes experience, commitment, and a lot of money.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Sorry, Wizzard but that is just not true. It's a tremendously capable aircraft right up there with the best, certainly not below the F-15 as it was designed primarily with the same role in mind and it's newer. Every evil you mentioned in the EF2000 program has plagued all of the other aircraft as well. If you observed the industry for long enough you would know that.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

That’s true but not to the extent witnessed in the euro fighter program. Many manufacturers learned those lessons a long time ago. And yes the F-15 is better, considering the typhoon was designed as alternative to it.

The F-15 is faster, has a greater range, payload capacity, a larger radar, more room for growth, It’s just as agile, and it costs about the same. I’d say that makes it a lot better. It was a superior plane in the 90s and it still very much is. The euro fighter program fell short of nearly all its goals and the end result is an aircraft that’s too expensive to justify its abilities, came too late for the 4th generation of fighters, and again can’t beat the aircraft it was conceived too.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I'd love to see EF2000 in DCS even if its just early version. The most important thing for me is the flight model. Avionics or weapon capabilities are just bonus. If it ever gonna make it in DCS in the future I choose ED or HB to develope it.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I doubt that ever really started - or even was an actual project, besides a bit of 3D modelling.

VEAO in a nutshell... ajmug.png

Just too bad they weren't up to the task, but well, things happen and not everyone is successful in things they try to do. Can't blame them for trying.

I just wish the old DID sim would still run nowadays, but the Windows version is like on steroids (the moment you realize that 200KTS actually is like M 2.0) if you run this on anything faster than a P133 and the DOS version doesn't get the stick inputs right in DOSBox...

Meanwhile, I'll wait for Heatblur's next project, the Tornado IDS, while enjoying the Tomcat and the Hornet... rainbowdashwink.png

An early, basic version of the EF would be welcome though, just like a Gripen or Rafale. Sometime in the future... twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Meanwhile, I'll wait for Heatblur's next project, the Tornado IDS, while enjoying the Tomcat and the Hornet... rainbowdashwink.png...

We are not in the "HB next aircraft wish thread", you should stop posting this as if that is a fact - it's just wishful thinking and not even the most likely one.

But it's one of the aircrafts i would like to see HB doing for DCS. ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

That’s true but not to the extent witnessed in the euro fighter program. Many manufacturers learned those lessons a long time ago. And yes the F-15 is better, considering the typhoon was designed as alternative to it.

The F-15 is faster, has a greater range, payload capacity, a larger radar, more room for growth, It’s just as agile, and it costs about the same. I’d say that makes it a lot better. It was a superior plane in the 90s and it still very much is. The euro fighter program fell short of nearly all its goals and the end result is an aircraft that’s too expensive to justify its abilities, came too late for the 4th generation of fighters, and again can’t beat the aircraft it was conceived too.

:megalol: You sound like a sales person.

Without breaking any secrets acts, Typhoon has won and continues to win against F15 both BVR and close in, that tells me that it isn't to shabby. Both aircraft are evenly matched and it often comes down to tactics, pilots skill, the helmet/systems, and a bit of luck. F-22 on the other hand..

F-22 on the other hand..

Typhoons eat Raptor salad for lunch ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You wouldn't even need Raptors to bomb the maintenance shelters where Typhoons are stuck in... with more than 70% of them not being airworthy, they'd lose a fight already before the adversary even has taken off.

But if it's flying, it's a great asset to have pinkie-approved.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

You wouldn't even need Raptors to bomb the maintenance shelters where Typhoons are stuck in... with more than 70% of them not being airworthy, they'd lose a fight already before the adversary even has taken off.

But if it's flying, it's a great asset to have pinkie-approved.png

That's a problem of the German Air Force, not of the Typhoon. It's not just the Typhoon that they have problems with. It applies to pretty much all german aircraft and vehicles, because they fail to manage their spare parts supply. The Typhoons work fine in the Royal Air Force.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

...It’s just as agile...

I had a hard laugh at this one! :lol:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

its not the most basic. block 2 would have been, with only A2A capability . Block 5 does allow for the self employment of LGB's and ALARM for sead.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Sure, buy the F-15 it’s better in every way. Can’t afford that, get the F-16, or the Mirage. The Ef2000 was a political decision above everything else. It weakened it’s development and design from the beginning. When seen outside the context of politics it’s not better or cheaper, then similarly purposed aircraft already available at the same time.

The lesson learned is aircraft design/development is hard, risky, and should not be left to comity. It takes experience, commitment, and a lot of money.

F15 has a pretty dated cockpit, ( F15E is already much more digital than the C) and includes alot more analog indicators from the original production model, and only got more noticable upgrades When AESA got integrated along with that new LCD instrument display, although being an older aircraft, it still retains alot of older analog stuff.

Eurofighter at least has a full on glass cockpit.

Then again F15C is an air superiority fighters , the EF2000 Air defense is only one of its roles. is basically a multi role aircraft along the lines of Hornet or Viper than can emply various types of A/G precision based muntions and self employ them with a Targeting pod. And while its true that it came pretty late in the 4th generation arena, it basically allowed 4 European nations have a common European built aiir plane. IN part its expensive price is due to production #'s. IF you produced EF in the same amounts as a Viper, then it would have been significantly cheaper. However Euopean nations dont have the demands for such a high air force fleet in peacetime, nor where there as many export demands for such an aircraft at the time.

creating competing defense equipment even among allies is a good thing, otherwise the US based contractors would have total monopoly on the defense aviation industry in the west.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Just being able to carry the Meteor is a nice advantage over the F-15. The EF was also designed with a little more concern over RCS, where as this wasn't really payed much attention to with the F-15. The Eagle has some advantages, but I'd say the EF probably comes ahead overall.

In any case, it's another plane I'd love to see in DCS, early model or not.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files