MiG-19S status update thread maybe?

berk.kp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump

Yes,the S model was promised.....in fact,I only brought the MiG-19P because the S model was promised.

It's now apparent,these promises were made to lure in the masses....should've known better doh.gif

• Like 2

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Yes, want some information on the MiG-19S (Ready to buy it again)

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir

It's now apparent,these promises were made to lure in the masses....should've known better doh.gif

So, you believe that you were lured?

I made clear myself, and I think several times, that the MiG-19S is one thing that I want to do in the future when time is available (after current projects) and that when done it will be free for MiG-19P owners. All this is true and remains the same as when it was written.

It was never said that it would come soon or when it will be available because as you may guess, current projects are ongoing.

What I did said was that the MiG-19S was to be included as an AI model with the MiG-19P, but unfortunately it was not possible.

Edited by OverStratos
  • Like 1

I made clear myself, and I think several times, that the MiG-19S is one thing that I want to do in the future when time is available (after current projects) and that when done it will be free for MiG-19P owners. All this is true and remains the same as when it was written.

It was never said that it would come soon or when it will be available because as you may guess, current projects are ongoing.

What I did said was that the MiG-19S was to be included as an AI model with the MiG-19P, but unfortunately it was not possible.

Why don't you want to sell it separately? (with a discount for those who bought the MiG-19P)

There will be many who are willing to buy.

It is more profitable from an economic point of view.

And for us who love aviation, it’s better to buy it for a fee than wait someday after years for free, or not get at all.

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir

• 3 weeks later...
Why don't you want to sell it separately? (with a discount for those who bought the MiG-19P)

There will be many who are willing to buy.

It is more profitable from an economic point of view.

And for us who love aviation, it’s better to buy it for a fee than wait someday after years for free, or not get at all.

** Elbows ribs and gives intense sideye while whispering "duuude he said free..." ** :lol:

Thanks very much OverStratos for everything you are doing!

I have been waiting for 26 years for a good MiG-19S sim. I can wait a little more for the dream. The P so far is awesome, and even unfinished, I put it right up there with Belsimtek’s F-5 :thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mig-19S would be awesome! I even prefer the Mig-19 to the also great Mig-21 on Cold War Server. Wouldn’t have expected that. Glad I changed my mind about the module

• Like 1

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

• 2 weeks later...
I even prefer the Mig-19 to the also great Mig-21 on Cold War Server. Wouldn’t have expected that. Glad I changed my mind about the module

I feel the same way. The 19 is more fun to fly for me.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Is the performance difference between the P and the S that big though? I thought they were very similar performance-wise (the main difference being the lack of radar and an extra cannon in the S). 

I reckon it would be better if Razbam teamed with Deka and did a variant that had more differences, like a J-6III/IV or F-6C, but maybe I am missing something about the S?

There's a small but reasonable difference.

I don't think there's a big deal waiting another year or two for news on a 19S. Razbam have other projects to work on, including support for existing modules, and as it is the 19P itself has a few things that will need fixing. All of that is both more important and more sensible commercially speaking than dropping everything and pushing a 19S - which requires FM changes as well as art changes, testing, etc. Give it time.

Edited by rossmum
  • Like 1

Fair enough @rossmum. To be honest, some 50/60s AI assets and/or a F-100 module (which is still probably quite a while away) would increase my enjoyment of the Mig-19 more than a S. That said, a S would be good too. I wouldn't say no to an extra cannon and ammo (plus if we get more Vietnam-era modules, it is a better fit).

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I really hope you guys pull through with your promises of a flyable MiG-19S.
You guys have a lot on your plate, maybe a little too much...
Either way, being able to actually dogfight on multiplayer servers with a more maneuverable MiG-19S is what I want most, and I wouldn't mind if you guys charge extra for the S-variant.

So long as you give us the MiG-19S eventually, for free or paid I'll be happy.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...