Radar Low Altitude Problem

Malexx

Hi,

I have a problem with the radar in low altitude mode(setting button 1 on the front panel)

High altitude mode is working, even the radar light for the status is not on).

When about 2000meters I set the mode to switch 1 and leave the tracking antenna on( is this right?).

Now the target get locked but there is no piper or vise versa there is a piper but the target don't get locked.(even if I temp cage the piper, it isn't there)

What happens many times is, when switching antenna or modes, suddenly the radar stops working at all.

So, is the radar in low altitude working right now and is it correct to leave the tracking antenna on?

(What would be helpful also, if we get a switch to set the mode)

Thanks in advance ...

When the radar is in low altitude mode, the search antenna stops working. Only the tracking antenna work and that does not display anything on the scope.

The radar basically turns itself into a gunnery radar.

BY the way, setting the radar back to STANDBY for about 3 minutes will cool it down so it can operate again.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

When the radar is in low altitude mode, the search antenna stops working. Only the tracking antenna work and that does not display anything on the scope.

The radar basically turns itself into a gunnery radar.

BY the way, setting the radar back to STANDBY for about 3 minutes will cool it down so it can operate again.

Ok, got it. But right now when in low altitude mode the target range doesn't get updated(at least for me). So what's the point of the low altitude mode when not, at least, the range to the target get calculated?

Or am I missing something?