BUG report September 2018 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-09-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
Satarosa

Unhappy BUG report September 2018

1) HSI bug : defective it turns on itself without ever aligning even worse impossible to align by being fixed..

2) Radio bug : the UHF left radio does not work I tried everything..

3) Beacon radio blue light still does not work..

4) The Aden gun pod, always fires by uncontrollable slave..

5) The two rocket pod, shoot only 2 rocket by activating triger, I do not know if it's normal !?

6) We would like to have a functional VOR and ADF navigation system as on the other better finished modules.. for the ADF it is present on the UHF radio the function should allow us to hear Morse code..

7) We would like to have more configurable keys for our axis joystick and keyboard, the Hawk T1A is a module that we can not configure well. For example we can't configure the weapons selector and a keyboard key to be able to arm the Sidewinder AIM-9M. (you have to understand when PvP is hard to play well if you have to click everywhere)

This list of problem is intended to improve the module of Hawk T1A, please take into consideration these tests which were realized by a military expert
Satarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:12 PM   #2
Satarosa

Unhappy

OK
Old 09-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #3
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Thanks for posting up.

1) after a cold start the procedure is you wait for warning flags to go out, then you press and hold Push to Sync which will align the HSI - as per flight reference cards for cold start.

2) known issue, still being worked on.

3) which airfield are you landing at?

4) please explain further, I don't understand what you mean?

5) press and hold and they should fire off a salvo until you release

6) morse code is working perfectly, have you turned on the audio panel switch? I've been testing in Caucasus map and VOR/TACAN nav is working fine, even with terrain masking. Nevada seems to be mostly working (try the nav mission) and PG map not at all. I'm looking into it.

7) points taken, will look at adding more functionality to keybind list.

Thanks,
Chris.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio_Panel.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	193821  
Old 09-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
Satarosa

Unhappy Same BUG

Thank you for your answer i will try to be clearer..

1) For HSI, it's my fault you had to stay still and wait for a long time before it starts to turn to finally push to sync

3) Any, on which it works ?

4) I've been in the army for a number of years and I've never seen a weapon system that when you press the trigger for 0.5 seconds you start shooting for almost a second and a half! (except of course on which we are too hot on the old machine gun)

5) For pod rocket I did several tests sometimes multiplayer, I managed to shoot in Salvo mode but most of the time when I stay press the button to shoot, only too rocket are shot..

6) I do not speak for the Takan and ILS but for the VOR system.
I tested on the VOR 113.60 from caucasus, I put the button mode VOR/ILS, in right I turn the knob on the mode VOR and put the right frequency, I activated the audio VOR, and when I approach a VOR navigation tag nothing happens ! The green arrow did not tell me its direction, I do not have the distance, and I do not even have the sound of Morse code.. Obviously I have not tested on all VOR navigation tag of all the maps, but most VOR I tested did not work..

I am on the open alpha of DCS WOLRD the tests were done on Caucasus. For the most part I hope to be useful to you that you can come this module, I thank you for your understanding of your collaboration, and I support you in your efforts.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
Satarosa

Cool Hawk T1A

We will succeed, we love the Hawk
Old 09-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
Jeepyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satarosa View Post
realized by a military expert

''Real military experts'' don't go around computer game online forums telling everyone they are ''real military experts'' but ok .
Jeepyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:16 AM   #7
Satarosa

Thumbs down Kevin..

Yes I am a military expert, I have traveled the world and have many mission and knowledge, and I played DCS WORLD, I'm not ashamed to say it.

Maybe if you're frustrated you can still join the army of your country ?!

No need for this kind of reflection here, it's a bug report
Old 09-14-2018, 07:38 AM   #8
Trubshaw
Campaign Testers

Satarosa for what it is worth I think your attitude to the Hawk developers is spot on and in the spirit of wanting the best for the module. The fact the Ells got back to you also shows the developers and keen to move forward.

I like having all the virtual cockpit clickspots configurable to external switches because I have a simpit. For me looking down to find a mouse sweet spot in the virtual cockpit breaks my immersion.

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-
Trubshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #9
Satarosa

Post Thank you

Thank you for understanding ;-)
Old 09-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #10
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Keep it civil please guys, I don’t want to lock the thread.

A genuine post about genuine bugs is good.
No need to question the personal history of the person posting it.
We have several real world serving and ex-Hawk pilots helping us develop and tweak the module.

Some things like voice and nav radios aren’t easy fixes until the re-code, as frustrating as that is we took the decision to stop taking time applying a band aid and instead use a full medical kit so bugs don’t re-occur in the future.
Re-coding takes time, especially when you’re talking about an entire AHRS system.

And yep we are always watching and listening for feedback.

Thanks,
Chris.