Aircraft Placement Problem

mytai01

Aircraft can't be placed at some airfields. I tried to place an Iranian IL-76 at Abu Musa Island Airport, but it would not accept it.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

It is entirely dependent on the size of the parking spaces and the size of the aircraft. DCS doesn't have code allowing for dynamic scaling of parking spots to accommodate larger aircraft and disabling nearby parking that may now be blocked. Nor does it have a customized parking based on ground starts. So unfortunately for the time being we are stuck with the available parking at a base dictating the aircraft that can be spawned there.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

DCS doesn't have code allowing for dynamic scaling of parking spots to accommodate larger aircraft and disabling nearby parking that may now be blocked.

That would be so cool to get now that we have very big airbases like Nellis and Al Dhafra!

Edited by cypc

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

It is entirely dependent on the size of the parking spaces and the size of the aircraft. DCS doesn't have code allowing for dynamic scaling of parking spots to accommodate larger aircraft and disabling nearby parking that may now be blocked. Nor does it have a customized parking based on ground starts. So unfortunately for the time being we are stuck with the available parking at a base dictating the aircraft that can be spawned there.

I understand what you're saying but Bandar clearly can accept larger aircraft in real life. See google for an A300(?). Parked on the ramp there.

I understand what you're saying but Bandar clearly can accept larger aircraft in real life. See google for an A300(?). Parked on the ramp there.

The work around I use is to place the aircraft as a structure ...

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can also place the bigger aircrafts as 'Start from Runway' if there are no suitable parking slots available. Not ideal, maybe spawning directly in the air would be more useful. If you just want something to look at, simply set as a static object, that'll also save some ressources.

Cheers