1.1 Russian Cockpit Seat Fix (DDS version)

TekaTeka

EDIT: This mod is included in another mod now. If you like my new cockpit reflections, you don't have to bother about the procedure described here.

1.1 Cockpit Reflection + Russian Seat Mod

Update: The texture will be put into a CDDS file, and you will be able to save some resources of your PC.

This is NOT LoMan compatible.

This mod will replace the Russian cockpit seat texture.

It will be a desirable fix after you extend the cockpit view rotation limits.

Download @ lomacfiles.com

The RAR file includes the DDS version, the LoMan version and LO texture tool setup.

See here for the view rotation limit tweak and the LoMan version of the mod.

seatlogo1gn.jpg

You need the 'LO Texture Tool' to install this mod.

Installation:

1. If you have the LoMan version of 'Russian Cockpit Seat Fix', uninstall it.

2. Run the 'LO Texture Tool'.

3. Click 'Open CDDS File' and open '\Lock On\Bazar\World\cockpitstexturestga.cdds'.

4. Select 'PRIBORY-09-27.TGA' from the texture list.

5. Click 'Import Single MipmapFile' and open 'PRIBORY-09-27.dds' from the unzipped files.

6. Close the 'LO Texture Tool'.

installguide2om.th.jpg

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Nice!

I know in 1.02 I would set my limits to 360 and -360. It gives way too much rotation, that I never used. But anything else, and it seemed at the top of the cockpit, I would hit a wall, and have to rotate my head (trackir) kinda weird to get it to go where I wanted.

Are you planning on making textures for the bottom of the seat too? If you extend the views, you can see beneath the aircraft.

Wait so this mod is purely a Seat Texture replacement? Does it work with 1.02?

If so, Thats fantastic news. In 1.02, they never suspected us to mod camera angles that far back, so there was this great big Clear strip in the middle of the Flanker Seat. Because of this, You only could (or wanted) to look back only so far. Did you really fill that strip in?

KuostASigcopy.png

Unless I'm missing something, the dowloadable only included the texture tool.

The downloadable RAR file includes three files.

LoTextureTools_Setup.zip : Unzip and run the .exe to install the tool.

RusSeatFix for DDS.zip : Unzip and follow the instruction in the readme.

RussianSeatFix for LOMAN.zip : (Optional) LoMan version. Place the zip in the LoMan's addon folder.

I hope it helps.

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you planning on making textures for the bottom of the seat too? If you extend the views, you can see beneath the aircraft.

Sorry, I can not do that. There is no object at the bottom of the seat. Only ED can modify that.

I'm sure they will make full 3D cockpits in the future version of LockOn or the successor. We will probably have more freedom to look around then. Wait and see. :dreaming:

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I messed up. I followed the readme but I get black areas in my cockpits now. Anyway of restoring so I can try again?

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!

I think I messed up. I followed the readme but I get black areas in my cockpits now. Anyway of restoring so I can try again?

There must be the backup of the cdds 'cockpitstexturestga.BACK' in '\Program Files\LoTextureTool\Backups' or '\Lock On\Bazar\World'.

Replace '\Lock On\Bazar\World\cockpitstexturestga.cdds' by the backup, and you will be back to the original state. Make sure you see the original seat texture in the game, then try to install again carefully.

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yay. It works fine now. Installed it using LOMAN instead. Had to install it twice but the second time it said installation succesfull (or something) oh and it works :)

Looks great. Thank you and good job!

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!