VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Is there a way to control the volume of the squelches when the comms button is pressed? I’ve tried the volume knob in the control panel but it doesn’t seem to work. Any ideas? Ta muchly.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Guys I-m having constant crashes with vaicom pro. Is there any log I can look into or share when a crash occurs? It is too constant, it does not works for more than an hour.

Alternatively, is there any option that i could try deactivating, or change the compatibility mode perhaps?

Having the same issue here. Constant crashing, most often in the Tomcat, but also in the Hornet as well. I'm attaching the latest VoiceAttackFault document in this message.

VoiceAttackFault.txt

@tspencer227

The log shows a problem in VoiceAttack, not inside the plugin.

You may want to flag it with VA support.

@Mojo That goes with the plugin master volume so you can set the desired balance in Windows audio mixer.

@steve The plugin is at 2.5.10. The lua code blocks may still say 2.5.9 but that's fine.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I've already complained on Page 225 of this Thread that VAICOM Pro simply doesn't work for me. Since then things even got worse. Weeks ago the VAICOM Config screen correctly identified the loaded DCS Module, VoiceAttack correctly understood my Voice Commands, but DCS never responded to my Commands.

Since then I've moved DCS to another SSD, and of course I've set the custom DCS Path Option on the Config Screen in VAICOM to the new Location. I've also reset the "Lua Code" option on the VAICOm "Reset" Page. But now not even the DCS Module gets identified by VAICOM Pro, and of course Voice Commands also doesn't work as long as the VAICOM Pro Profile is selected in Voice Attack.

Currently I'm using easy Communications and the "Map" Dial set to "Single" to make sure not to incidently use the wrong Communication Channnel.

Fiddling around with VAICOM Pro already took me hours and hours of reading, watching and configuration Attempts.

Voice Attack on its own works like a Charm, but I never got any Results with VAICOM Pro in nearly two Months now.

I don't expect to have any positive Effect to copy the VAICOM Plugin again to the Voice Attack Plugin Folder, or to delete my License data. So what else could I do to start with a fresh Install or force VAICOm to write the Lua Files to the correct Location?

BTW: I'm on Windows 10, so I don't expect any Problems due to the UDP Protocol

EDIT: Obviously VAICOM Pro can't find my DCS Installation, but the Path given in the attached Log File is correct.

VAICOMPRO.log.txt

Edited by TheFlyGuy

@FlyGuy

Suggestions

1) You're on DCS Steam version. Try with unchecking the ob box in the Config tab custom path.

2) If no improvement run a DCS repair first

3) Then clear export.lua in Saved Games, i.e. making sure no other apps are interfering,

4) Do a manual lua code install per page 35.

If you get stuck PM me.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

VIACOM seems to cause SRS to key up when flying the F-5

Whenever I'm flying the F-5E. Viacom seems to randomly start keying the mic in SRS. Sometimes it will happen when I press my button bound to activate VA to listen for commands, sometimes it will just happen randomly when I don't press anything.

The only thing I have found to make it stop keying the radio is to bind a key to "UHF Radio Microphone Button" and press and release it. SRS will then stop transmitting.

It doesn't do it while flying any other aircraft, at least not that I have found. and it doesn't do it if I disable plugin support in VA.

Any ideas, I would really like this fixed, I'm not able to use VA/VIACOM as long as this is happening. The squadron mates are getting tired of listening to Darth Vader breathing.

Thanks,

Thanks for your suggestions Hollywood. I will give them a try later.

Meanwhile I've managed to mess up my Audio Settings completely, so that Windows Speech Recognition can't hear me anymore, and therefore not even Voice Attack works for now :-(

Whatever I define as the default Microphone in Windows Sound Settings, and whatever Input Device I choose in the Windows Sound Panel, the Speech Recognition Engine insists in using my Audio Interface as Input Source. I tried to configure my Headset Microphone or my Oculus Rift S Microphone as Input Source directly in Voice Attack, but obviously Voice Attack can't "hear" anything. But thats not a VAICOM Pro Problem.

EDIT: OK, a big Part of the Problem is my new Oculus Rift S. The Microphone of the Rift often suddenly "freezes", which means that it either constantly sends some "Noise" to Voice Attack (visible in the "Peak Meter" on the Voice Attack Main Screen) or nothing at all, causing a lot of Side Effects, like the one described above. I've got VAICOM Pro to work now after I disabled all other Audio Input Devices on my Computer, but only for half an hour until the Mike stopped working again. Reconnecting the USB Cable of the Rift S brigs it most often back to life, but I have to retart DCS and Voice Attack afterwards anyway.

mike-setup.thumb.PNG.9708e0b310d1fed3fc5a9cd287c3cbcd.PNG

Edited by TheFlyGuy

I found different behaviour with the AIRIO in Tomcat depending on the mission itself.

I'v got a couple of missions where Jester doesn't answer to my command "Track single contact ahead". I never achieved jester to reply , and everything in cockpit is set properly, multiple times checed.. No way he say a word or do anything.

However, in tutotial missions everything works fine, without changing anything in the configuration.

Does anybody found the same?

I can name some concrete mission to test them if it helps.

Thanks.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Birdman, question. Does Jester not respond at all or just not to that single command?

I have found that starting a mission with four cats Jester remains deadly silent all though he does carry out his orders. There just isn’t any feedback.

Yes, I only found the problem trying to lock bandits ahead.. all the way right to the merge with a mute and inoperative Jester

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Hi guys I'm having an audio source problem with VAICOM PRO and not sure what to do to fix it.

The problem is that all the audio coming from VAICOM/Voice Attack (VAICOM audio cues and Chatter plugin) always come from my PC's speakers rather than my headset (Rift S). DCS sounds are properly coming through my headset so I know it isn't a device problem.

In VoiceAttack settings I've even tried forcing the audio output devices to the Rift S but the VAICOM audio still comes out of my speakers :(

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

Hello,

Get some "bug" with the chatter :

1) When I get a new plane after crash or when I change slot after complete shut down of the previous plane, it seems the chatter is still on. I don't need to turn on electrical power or radio to hear it again.

2) I just bail out from a ww2 plane and chatter was still on when hanging to the parachute.

this make it great only 99% of the time :D

@Glass_zero Did you update your keywords database (editor tab)?

@Wulf Do you have Link to Radio Power setting on

@agathorn Inspect the Audio tab and switch off Audio Redirect.

Also make sure your Rift device is configured to playback Windows audio.

@TheFlyGuy Good that you got things to work.

Your mic device problem seems to be some USB driver thing (perhaps power scheme setting).

@Rennes We'll have a look. The F-5E radio is modelled differently than other modules so could be something specific.

You may also want to check if you can solve it by changing your SRS PTT config.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Wulf Do you have Link to Radio Power setting on.

Yes, in the extension windows I have :

Link to Radio power on.

Auto-start on.

theme auto.

It work perfectly when flying the first plane. No chatter until radio on.

I have only the bug when I take another plane.

I can't seem to get VAC/Viacom Pro to listen to my commands...everytime i push one of the three PTT keys (Mic Fwd, Mic Dwn, Mic Aftd) I get a line displayed in the VA Window

UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

Any idea's

Cheers!

Airbag_signatur.png

I've been looking through this thread and can't seem to find an answer. Apologies, if I blew by it and didn't see it...

Is there ANY way to get AIRIO to add in/modify navigation point from the mission map(F10)?

I've been trying to add an ST using a custom mark point and called ST but can't seem to figure out how to coax AIRIO to do this for me like you can with the Wheel.

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi there just had a stupid question from a newb, is there a default voice command in vaicom pro to bring up the "/" menu then f10 then f3 so I can see a list of all the currently based targets in my TTI mission I understand that they are already auto lased in those missions, but just to bring up the list of them , like u do when u say "request picture" ? . Thanks in advance .

I've tried "request tasking" "what is my target" and all the others in the manual to no avail,

When I say any commands involving the JTAC In this particular mission all I get in the voice attack window is "There are currently no JTAC recipients available".

I have also tried setting my f18's radio to that of the drones flying around but still no dice.

Thanks and sorry for the newb question, great program btw.

Hi there just had a stupid question from a newb, is there a default voice command in vaicom pro to bring up the "/" menu then f10 then f3 so I can see a list of all the currently based targets in my TTI mission I understand that they are already auto lased in those missions, but just to bring up the list of them , like u do when u say "request picture" ? . Thanks in advance .

Make sure you have "Allow Options" box checked in the preferences page.

Key Mic and say "Options". The default comms menu will appear.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

And then what ? Audibly say f10 then f3?

So I setup a workaround where I configured manual commands for each f key.... Much easier than pressing the keys each time, still not as intuative as the rest of Vaicom pro.

Edited by Badass1982

And then what ? Audibly say f10 then f3?

So I setup a workaround where I configured manual commands for each f key.... Much easier than pressing the keys each time, still not as intuative as the rest of Vaicom pro.

Click it with the mouse.

If you check the box "Import F10 Menu", Viacom will import the F10 options as "Action What Ever". The "What Ever" being the title of the diplayed option. You can activate those by saying "Action (small pause) What Ever".

Optionally you can use the Editor page of the Viacom Window to train those action commands.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS