Where do you get better FPS, 1.5 or 2.0?

Cruachan

Where do you get better FPS, 1.5 or 2.0?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you get better FPS, 1.5 or 2.0?

• 1.0 is better for me
    • 2.0 is better for me
    • They are the same
    • 1.0 is better when I'm running mods
    • 2.0 is better when I'm running mods
    • 1.0 is better, but it depends on the plane
    • 2.0 is better, but it depends on the plane

Hello all,

I know this has been brought up a lot lately, especially since recent updates a little over a month ago. So forgive me if you believe this question has been asked too many times, but as updates and tweaks continue to come out, pilots are continuously having their experience change. I'll try and create a poll for this post so we can track a bit better what the votes are.

For me, I'm still getting better FPS in 1.5 and I am running a texture mod there. Seems as though my mods are all pretty consistent.

However, in 2.0 my FPS seems to drop a bunch. I could swear when I first downloaded the NTTR that my performance was better. Certainly near Vegas its not so good, but I still seem to struggle getting consistent performance. I won't post my specs here unless someone asks, but in my opinion there are many threads regarding how to tweak performance.

So, where do you get the best FPS? Again, I'll try and create the following poll responses:

• 1.0 Is better for me
  • 2.0 Is better for me
  • They are the same
  • 1.0 is better when I run mods
  • 2.0 is better when I run mods
  • 1.0 is better, but it depends on the plane
  • 2.0 is better, but it depends on the plane

Well, not quite a scientific poll, but perhaps it will spur some interesting chatter.

EDIT: Please excuse the poll questions not saying 1.5 instead of 1.0; sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!

-Cru

Edited by Cruachan
Typo

I have always found 2.0 to run better and more consistently.

It seems to make much better use of the GPU from my observations in my monitoring.

I am not running any mods.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yep. 2.0 is optimized for vr. 1.5 i have modded with ground textures mod 10 that gives me better fps then standard textures.

Note; It's clearified a long time ago. 2.0 is in alpha stage. So everything changes before to branch. For 1.5 the textures get a upgrade from T3 to T4 textures. Much better for vr. Everybody waits for 2.5...but first normandy. Matt cleared that the map gives good fps in vr. So the future looks bright for us.

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

At the moment, 2.0 is significantly better. With the same graphics settings and pixel density set to 1.5x I drop to 20-30fps in multiplayer in 1.5. In 2.0 though I can run my pixel density at 2.0x and still hold 45FPS no problem in multiplayer, lower pixel density doesn't increase FPS noticeably. A few months ago though 1.5 was just as good 2.0 performance wise, I'm not sure what's changed to affect it, whether it's my comp or a game update.

I'm not getting good performace on the viggen with the latest 2.05 version compared to the 2.04. Mig 21 has always been terrible on vegas as well. 1.5.6 is not as good either if I dont lose the clouds, hopefully these things will be fixed soon.

Actually mig 21 is working now, and viggen is largely fine too, but downtown vegas although a fantastic experience if you turn your head to one side while flying it can get a bit ghosty... Rather than flashing out of game now it only seems to flash up the basestation which is something I can live with. I think really it would be best if I conducted missions away from vegas for optimum performance.

Edited by Wolf8312
edit

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

So it kind of depends on where you fly in each. If you compare countryside to countryside then vegas is better but myself I find it hard to tear myself away from flying through the city, and thats probably why I always feel as if 1.5 is giving me better performance. I am hoping though there will be many further improvements and optimizations as both versions have alot of room to get better!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Just realized im not on the very latest version for 2.0 so maybe that will help. You're right though Cibit downtown vegas in the blackshark runs fine!

------------