Very low fps, especially in multiplayer

Hi all,

I could use some help. I've installed a new 1080ti (other specs are 32 GB of RAM, i7-6700, G-sync monitor at 144 hz), but I get terrible fps. Especially on multiplayer servers it averages around 40. On single player it's a bit better (around 75 fps). I've been messing with different settings in DCS and nvidia config screen, but nothing makes a difference. The strange thing is that even when I lower my settings to 1080p instead of 1440p, MFAA off, lower visible range, etc that doesn't improve the fps. They remains around 40 fps.

Other programs, like f.e. IL-2 on the other hand run perfectly. Max settings and around 90 to 100 fps. So, it is not the graphics card...

Any ideas?

IL-2 is very simplistic in what's happening overall - compared to DCS - the models of the cockpits and terrain is rather crude in comparison to DCS, especially when compared to high-fidelity modules, there's also a lot happening behind the scenes with the flight model, flight computers and so forth, so I feel that's an unfair comparison.

As to what constitutes a very low frame-rate, I'd hesitate to say that 40 FPS is very low, it may be low relative to the frame-rates enjoyed on other titles, particularly with a 1080 Ti.

I'm not saying that there may be room for improvement on how the CPU is utilized, but subjectively I find if I can maintain =>40 FPS that this is very playable indeed, 75 FPS is very good and not to be scoffed at.

Perhaps a fair comparison could be made of flight simulators such as FSX, or P3D, the former of which also suffered (perhaps even to a greater extent) with not making full use of multi-core CPUs, P3D; I've never owned.

Could you post the full settings you're using in DCS?

Edited by ouPhrontis
- in comparison to -

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64