Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

I'm a bit upset with how slow the order processing is. Placed an order 11 days ago with a bank transfer. Money got landed in 3 days, and since that - just silence. No emails, no updates :( The T-50 base that I've ordered was in stock (or at least showed it is in stock). I hope it's getting shipped this week.

I doubt your going to see it ship that quickly. I ordered my base on March 11th and it's supposed to MAYBE ship this week. Their 10 -14 working days of processing aren't quite accurate atm. They are way way backed up with the move to the new facility I believe.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

► VIRPIL Controls Webstores Update 17/04/2018

After launching our new webstores yesterday, unfortunately we experienced some issues both on the EU and Belarusian sides of our stores.

First, we would like to clarify the new stores and what they are intended for:

• http://www.virpil.by - This is our Belarusian webstore intended to serve our EuAsEC customers only (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia). The prices shown here include Belarusian VAT (20%).
  • http://www.virpil-controls.eu - This is our new EU webstore and warehouse based in Lithuania. This store can only dispatch to EU customers. These prices also include EU VAT, and orders will be delivered directly to your door rather than requiring customs clearance.
  • http://www.virpil-controls.by - This is our main webstore, again based in Belarus. However it is intended to serve all other customers around the world not previously covered by the previous two stores. The prices shown here are listed without any VAT to ensure our international customers get the best price possible. Any orders (as was previously) will pass through your country’s local customs office and may be subject to additional local taxes.

Secondly we’d like to update the status of our new webstores:

Unfortunately, we encountered some issues with our payment gateways on all webstores. Our http://www.virpil.by and http://www.virpil-controls.by webstores were using our existing ASSIST payment gateway integration as we’ve done previously. Unfortunately they have encountered to system issues which they are working to resolve ASAP. These issues are:

There are difficulties accepting payments from certain countries as reported by our customers. The exact list of countries affected is being clarified and we hope to have resolved with ASSIST within 72 hours.

ASSIST’s Mastercard 3D-Secure validation is currently being worked on - as such they cannot process these cards for the time being. We will be updated with news regarding this ASAP.

There was also a bug where attempting to register on http://www.virpil-controls.by redirected to http://www.virpil.by instead, causing some confusion. This has now been fixed.

Our EU store also encountered a hiccup with our integration regarding the ease of order placements. The EU store is running an entirely new platform which we’re working hard to resolve as quickly as possible.

We would also like to request patience from our customers regarding support tickets - due to the issues stated we have been overwhelmed with messages which we are working very hard to catch up with, on top of getting our sites back up and running 100%!

Thank you all for your patience,

VIRPIL Controls Team

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone know if the preorder phase will more or less last until May 20th? I'm rdy to pull the trigger, but the cosmo cams are currently out of stock in the EU store, so I want to wait (if possible) until they are available and can be added to my cart. Dont want to pay extra shipping for such a small item.

Does anyone know if the preorder phase will more or less last until May 20th? I'm rdy to pull the trigger, but the cosmo cams are currently out of stock in the EU store, so I want to wait (if possible) until they are available and can be added to my cart. Dont want to pay extra shipping for such a small item.

They say the sale will last until April 23th (next Monday).

Better send them an e-mail, explaining the situation.

I was finally able to place an order from US for a T-50 grip and warBRD base. Looking forward to trying it out and I'm glad I will still be able to use my warthog grip without any adapters.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Any word on some more advanced joystick grips, something in the likes of VKB MCG Pro?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I was finally able to place an order from US for a T-50 grip and warBRD base. Looking forward to trying it out and I'm glad I will still be able to use my warthog grip without any adapters.

That Warthog grip does feel really nice. I'd like to see VPC launch a special edition of the T50 made of metal. I know it would cost a significant chunk more, but that, and a 4 way+push thumb hat, I think, would sell in boatloads, even at a premium price point.

Z...

That Warthog grip does feel really nice. I'd like to see VPC launch a special edition of the T50 made of metal. I know it would cost a significant chunk more, but that, and a 4 way+push thumb hat, I think, would sell in boatloads, even at a premium price point.

Z...

I have a feeling I'll be switching to the warthog grip every time I want to play elite dangerous because of the 4 way push thumb switch.

Also while I've mastered AAR in the A10c on the warthog grip I'll have to relearn it on the T-50.

I also agree with the other posters. If vpc released another version of the T-50 with the 4 way push switch at the thumb position I would definitely buy that. Now that I have a compatible base, I'd definitely be interested in other vpc grips.

I almost waited for the mcg pro but I think vpc customer service won me over. That and the fact that I can interchangeably use my warthog stick on the warBRD or the t-50 grip on the warthog base. Very nice to have compatibility like that at no extra cost.

Would it be possible for current T-50 owners to post their stick configs for dcs? Just want an idea of how people are mapping things for the various aircraft.

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Originally Posted by Barefoot Bandit View Post

That Warthog grip does feel really nice. I'd like to see VPC launch a special edition of the T50 made of metal. I know it would cost a significant chunk more...

Not to much - see this interesting remark (by another joy manufacturer) about mechanical disadvantage of... "fell" grip version. :)

https://tinyurl.com/il2-ru-forum

Tinyurl link because this forum don't accept link with Cyrillic words.

Edited by Sokol1_br

I love the thumb pushbutton: being a rotor head, that pushbutton is the perfect trimmer. Sometimes I hold it for minutes and I don't even realize it :)

I understand that for fixed wings an additional 4-way switch sounds better though.

I have attached a couple of configs. Neither of them is actually updated 'cause I got rid of the TPM for a Saitek Quadrant. The Harrier is the oldest, I didn't even bother to config my Arduino stuff for it (I'm waiting for new updates, Radios especially). I think I'll maintain the T-50 config though.

Note: The "Radio PTT" is for UniversRadio / Simple Radio.

I can't wait for the release of Virpil's throttle, obv I've already pre-ordered it :)

EDIT: that's one of my Arduino stuff, "embedded" into Virpil's Desk Mount. The post is quite old, I've finished it now and added 4 rotary encoders: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3415748#post3415748

k-av8b.thumb.jpeg.551e04e47510589053f681edc1951a3d.jpeg

k-ka-50.thumb.jpeg.85941fc89dffd40813ace4a1da339ab8.jpeg

Edited by Karon
full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Not to much - see this interesting remark (by another joy manufacturer) about mechanical disadvantage of... "fell" grip version. :)

https://tinyurl.com/il2-ru-forum

Tinyurl link because this forum don't accept link with Cyrillic words.

Fair enough, though I suspect the VKB and VPC bases would have zero issues deal with the extra weight of a native metal grip. Both offer the ability to attach a Warthog grip with no warnings about increased chance of failure...

I mean, yes, yes, I see his point, but there comes a time in your life when you appreciate "nice stuff", and holding a metal grip feel nice, compared to plastic (no matter how high the quality of the plastic is).

As I said, I'd pay for it - fool or not. If weight is an issue, make it from titanium :lol:

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

I love the thumb pushbutton: being a rotor head, that pushbutton is the perfect trimmer. Sometimes I hold it for minutes and I don't even realize it :)

I understand that for fixed wings an additional 4-way switch sounds better though.

I have attached a couple of configs. Neither of them is actually updated 'cause I got rid of the TPM for a Saitek Quadrant. The Harrier is the oldest, I didn't even bother to config my Arduino stuff for it (I'm waiting for new updates, Radios especially). I think I'll maintain the T-50 config though.

I can't wait for the release of Virpil's throttle, obv I've already pre-ordered it :)

EDIT: that's one of my Arduino stuff, "embedded" into Virpil's Desk Mount. The post is quite old, I've finished it now and added 4 rotary encoders: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3415748#post3415748

That is such a cool idea, that I'm wouldn't be surprised if VPC end up producing something like that...

Z...

Awesome, thanks for these. I'll be using the warthog throttle with the T-50 stick.

I have the ka-50 too but never flew it. Glad to see you have a decent setup mapped for the harrier. I need to get back into that thing sometime.

That is such a cool idea, that I'm wouldn't be surprised if VPC end up producing something like that...

Z...

..and actually it's very easy to make! I keep forgetting to open a dedicated thread about it. I promise I'll do it sooner or later (I should copyright it :D ).

That's how my "workplace" looks like now (encoders caps are missing in this pic though - sorry for the awful quality):

IMG_20180326_180253.jpg

Awesome, thanks for these. I'll be using the warthog throttle with the T-50 stick.

I have the ka-50 too but never flew it. Glad to see you have a decent setup mapped for the harrier. I need to get back into that thing sometime.

Happy to help :)

There are actually two more reasons why the Harrier profile it's not updated:

1- I've joined a vSquadron (132nd), we use UniversRadio and I'm waiting for radios to be properly implemented in the AV-8B before setting up the controls;

2- I've ordered Virpil's throttle, it's very different from the TWCS: for instance it has a 4-way + push hat so I don't have to split the TDC over two different controls.

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

..and actually it's very easy to make! I keep forgetting to open a dedicated thread about it. I promise I'll do it sooner or later (I should copyright it :D ).

That's how my "workplace" looks like now (encoders caps are missing in this pic though - sorry for the awful quality):

IMG_20180326_180253.jpg

1- I've joined a vSquadron (132nd), we use UniversRadio and I'm waiting for radios to be properly implemented in the AV-8B before setting up the controls;

2- I've ordered Virpil's throttle, it's very different from the TWCS: for instance it has a 4-way + push hat so I don't have to split the TDC over two different controls.

Yea all I needed was an idea of how people are mapping things. Since the harrier systems are still being worked on most of what I have mapped on my warthog stick will probably need to change by the time I fly it again. Hopefully by the time I get my T-50 it will have most of the radios and other things done.

That is awesome. I think I'll be doing something like that myself, it's a great idea! If you do post your work logs, that would be even more awesome!

Z...

IMG_20180326_180253.jpg

I might have found a flaw in the design of the ball bearings area, or maybe it's just my cams. Next time I open the base I'll take a pic.

This actually happened a few months ago but I forgot to post about it :doh:

I haven't noticed it before because I fly the Ka-50 or other rotary-wings most of the times, so movements are smooth and fairly slow. I have reinstalled Il2 and the stress on the stick is much pronounced. What happen is: during hard or fast turns, the stick behaves as if it was on a sheet of sand paper: vibrations, rough movement and weird noises.

I have opened the base and did some tests. I have fixed it by adding a washer (see the edited pic attached, the red line is where I've placed the washer). What I think happens is that the cam is not perfectly squared (I mean the ∠ between its flat and vertical surfaces is not exacly 90 deg) or that the ball bearing is somehow loose. This means that, when I pull hard (NOTE: I use soft springs and I keep them very, very loose so the force applied to mechanic is quite small) the ball bearing is subject of some sort of torque force perpendicular to the mast and thus it's unable to provide a smooth transition.

By adding an additional big washer adiacent to the ball bearing I basically keep it in place so it doens't twist anymore and it's much much much better.

I'm not really sure what I wrote is understandable, I'll take some pics next time I open my base.

EDIT> also, finally opened the thread about Arduino stuff for Virpil Desk Mount: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206778

washer_small.thumb.jpeg.62a3ab25d2f8018c3ccbfedb53f6f6a5.jpeg

Edited by Karon
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

I might have found a flaw in the design of the ball bearings area, or maybe it's just my cams. Next time I open the base I'll take a pic.

This actually happened a few months ago but I forgot to post about it :doh:

I haven't noticed it before because I fly the Ka-50 or other rotary-wings most of the times, so movements are smooth and fairly slow. I have reinstalled Il2 and the stress on the stick is much pronounced. What happen is: during hard or fast turns, the stick behaves as if it was on a sheet of sand paper: vibrations, rough movement and weird noises.

I have opened the base and did some tests. I have fixed it by adding a washer (see the edited pic attached, the red line is where I've placed the washer). What I think happens is that the cam is not perfectly squared (I mean the ∠ between its flat and vertical surfaces is not exacly 90 deg) or that the ball bearing is somehow loose. This means that, when I pull hard (NOTE: I use soft springs and I keep them very, very loose so the force applied to mechanic is quite small) the ball bearing is subject of some sort of torque force perpendicular to the mast and thus it's unable to provide a smooth transition.

By adding an additional big washer adiacent to the ball bearing I basically keep it in place so it doens't twist anymore and it's much much much better.

I'm not really sure what I wrote is understandable, I'll take some pics next time I open my base.

EDIT> also, finally opened the thread about Arduino stuff for Virpil Desk Mount: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206778

Have you contacted virpil about this? I wonder what the solution would be that they offer. If the washer solves your issue maybe that has been rectified in other units? I'm curious how my warBRD base will turn out.

I believe it is soft centre cam and medium spring... give it a good rattle before changing.... for me after trying the others I came back to default even with 2 extensions :) Enjoy..

I've been flying with it since yesterday. I added 20 curve in both axes and it feels pretty good. I actually thought I'd want to have the soft centre and the medium so I guess I'll stick with it. Thanks. If I evel feel like messing around I might try the others, but not for now.

I've been flying with it since yesterday. I added 20 curve in both axes and it feels pretty good. I actually thought I'd want to have the soft centre and the medium so I guess I'll stick with it. Thanks. If I evel feel like messing around I might try the others' date=' but not for now.[/quote']

I added a slight deadzone, otherwise it picks up all those tiny movements on the center. .5 deadzone and a 10 curve i think, maybe a 5 curve for roll and 10 for pitch