F16 G-Tolerance

[PTF]Ali

I had a quick try, yanking the stick in a level turn at M0.8 in a clean jet in previous patch you would gloc after 90 degrees of turning. After the patch you gloc after roughly 180 degrees of turning using the same method, no prior g warmup.

It also looks like you can dip into high g a bit longer now, but cannot sustain more than 8 g for longer periods (more than 15s or so).

Yeah, that's in rather stark contrast to the 9 G's for 45 sec in a upright seat that most pilots were found to be capable of sustaining in real life. The tilted seat in the F-16 would only improve on this, with the established effect being at least an extra 0.8 G in tolerance vs an upright seat.

https://link.springer.com/content/pd...3030-8%2F1.pdf

Excerpt:

1) "Tolerance. Average aircrew relaxed G tolerance in the F-16 seat is about 5.2 G (about .5 to .75 G less in aircraft without a reclined seat); the G suit can add another 1 G, and a good AOSM can add another 3.5 G or more of tolerance. When these are totaled, one can see that 9 G is a big challenge for most aircrew; there is little or no safety margin"

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e10...6e83c862ba.pdf

Excerpt:

"When the F-16-configured seat is used, the training profiles are set 1 G higher than they are when the conventional fighter aircraft seat (13* seatback angle, normal rudder pedal position) is used. The higher-G profiles are used with the F-16 seat because pilots report a 1- to 2-G subjective improvement in G tolerance in the F-16 as compared to other fighter aircraft, and because data obtained during centrifuge training when both types of seat were used revealed at least 0.8 G greater tolerances in the F- 16-configured seat than in the conventional seat"

Edited by Hummingbird

No difference whatsoever. Instantaneous turn rate is still fecal, and G-onset is absolutely horrid, as we've grown accustomed to. I haven't tested it scientifically yet, but feels like it's harder to go past 9.0G now than before the patch, but don't quote me on that yet. And oh yeah, you'll still G-LOC before you can say supercalifragalisticexpia..... :sleep:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I just tried it. It's a marginal improvement compared to before, but still light years away from what even a below average fighter pilot would be able to sustain. If our DCS fighter pilot went to the IRL centrifuge qualification run, he would immediately be reassigned to fly C-130s :)

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I just tried it. It's a marginal improvement compared to before, but still light years away from what even a below average fighter pilot would be able to sustain. If our DCS fighter pilot went to the IRL centrifuge qualification run, he would immediately be reassigned to fly C-130s :)

LOL. Your C-130 joke made my day :lol: