• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardcore Pointy Nose please.
Sounds almost like an X-rated film....:D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'll grab the personal lubricant.

Fun times ahead even without FC3!!! :holiday:

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

86 here... a long way to go.

I'm only on 65.

Though on those FC3 videos, I find it strange that the FC2 planes would suffice if we're supposed to get avionics and HUD changes, unless they're just really rough place holders.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Apparently, my setting is "Use Forum default" for threads per page. I don't think I've even visited the settings page since I first joined, maybe the highest post per page option was removed, but it never affected me?

Or as above, maybe the FC3 delay is now changing time and space itself.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Or as above, maybe the FC3 delay is now changing time and space itself.

I looked at this and thought what are you talking about. FC3 has been out for weeks, but then I realised that I am posting from the future.

It was released on th#? @_______?#!(( CONNECTION INTERUPTED! :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shaken, stirred, snap frozen - twice, turned into a snowman and shaken some more.

This is what I am doing right now ----> :joystick:

..and some of this --------->:book:

...and maybe a little of this :pilotfly:around my apartment.

:D:D:D

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

For those who have itchy fingers and want to pass some time before FC3...get this:

totally worth it.. amazing documentaries.

609B8ED0-036B-4C2B-86FB-69834EBE88D5-3729-000001CE7BE0F544.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Link? Love to get my hands on those and help the RuAF.

Here you go.

http://en.wingstv.ru/

http://shop.wingstv.ru/product/su-27-the-best-fighter-in-the-world/

Su-27_Cover_enl.jpg

they also have amazing ones like this:

serial_wr_enl.jpg

Full boxed set

Took like 3 weeks to get here...but totally worth it. Amazing documentaries. THere is info about the cockpit...a nice close look on the HOTAS. For instance...did u know these planes have two triggers? One for canon, the other for missiles. damn!! :) Imagine if thrustmaster made this stick for the warthog base. DAMN!!!

Not to mention HUD symbology is sooo much better than current Lo version. I think it makes sense....its probably classified..but damn..the HUD would be a nice lift compared to the current version if ED can implement it or get its hand on HUD info.

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

yup! They are dual language: russian and english. Right in the menu itself, u get a choice. :)

I didn't know they were payware as already came across them on YT...

Me too. Ooops.

@Mamfrez01: Knowing this is not legit?

Read the title on the DVD box and see for yourself... Can't say anything else. Sorry.

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

One more question for the devs..., cause it already smells like in FC3 also, the pilot would blackout again in about 5 seconds at 9G but NEVER EVER blacks out at 8 G's instead and only greys out in that region and holds it forever (maybe i forgot to mention about this fact in my previous posts about the damn blackout, but i think i did so), so it would feel like it should rather be turned completely off from the options, because it is overall more realistic like that!:P

I'm going to ask about the Flanker's flight model alone (not asking for any advanced flight model cause i know i won't get that), because after the crap that i've seen in FC2, it already made me sick to see what the russians did to it in this so called sim..., because the real Flanker flies way different! In FC1 the Flanker was just about right for roll rates and turn rates, which means that the Cl (aerodynamic rolling coefficient) or the Pcom (the maximum commanded roll rate by the flight controls system) were giving the aircraft a roll rate very similar to the one of the real Flanker and the CL (aerodynamic lift coefficient) for the wing + fuselage (without taking the elevator into account, the Su-27 is longitudinally unstable, and the elevator also provides lift in the same direction of the wing but it won't add much to the global CL) should be around 1.45 at Mach = 0.05 and 1.65 at M = 0.3 which is the maximum CL it could have, because beyond that Mach number, the CL would naturally start to degrade towards supersonic flights and beyond that! I don't know what a heck Pcom and CL did the FC2 devs used for the Flanker, but it seems that they've cheated with it, giving it a roll rate and a lift coefficient way beyond the real Su-27 Flanker's capabilities...! WHY?

Here's a good demonstration of the real Su-27 Flanker's capabilities, not garbage:

Never in real life would a Su-27 do a 360 degree turn in less than 14 seconds even at sea level if it has only a pound of fuel, whatever it does! In game, the Su-27 can do a 360 degree turn in about 10.8 - 11 seconds O.o just above sea level with just 800 pounds of fuel left..., and not to talk about the insane roll rates also! A complete 360 degree looping in the video demonstration at minute 7:05 shows that it takes around 15 seconds to complete for this real Flanker that had around 25-30% fuel left! In game, at the same conditions of height and fuel state (i took 30% just to make sure), it takes around 11.5 seconds:P to complete a 360 degree looping, so it has a 30+% higher turn rate than the real Flanker in the same conditions, which is unacceptable! The real roll rate can be seen in the video at minute 6:45 and it takes 4 seconds for the Flanker to complete 2 aileron rolls, that means 2 seconds for a 360 deg roll! In game, it takes exactly 3 seconds to do 2 rolls at the same speed, so it rolls 50% faster than the real one!

Also the F-15C has been modified from the previous version FC1..., but this time it's been worsted in areas like CD performances (aerodynamic drag coefficient) beyond 10 AoA (angle of attack), erratically growing in that area between alpha 10 and critical alpha and this isn't right...! Yes the CD vs alpha slope should be exponential due to induced drag rising with alpha, but not exaggerated like that! If any of you (players i mean) ever used the outside view and tried to turn with a full aft stick and bled airspeed that way, you could see the difference in how quickly or slowly would any plane decelerate and notice that all other aircrafts despite the F-15C would have quite a similar deceleration rate when applying a full aft stick, with little difference done by the loadout and fuel state for each of the aircrafts! The F-15C has a tremendous if not double the drag it should normally have for those angles in reality..., hence it's deceleration rate is almost doubled and it's not realistic at all! WHY does that happen?

It seems that the devs really wanted to show that the Flanker is better than everything ever created or will ever be created in this world with it's performances, in game i mean, cause in reality it is outperformed in a constant/sustained turn by the F-15C at higher speeds (around Mach 0.8 and higher altitudes than 15000 feet, where the Su-27 has worse overall performances..., while in this game, the Flanker outperforms everything everywhere without any logical explanation!

I doubt that they didn't know what they were doing, because they should know aerodynamics pretty well in order to make a simulator, otherwise this would only stick to the status of a game, and doesn't deserve to mix up with DCSW in the future (from my opinion it doesn't due to these factors), which really is a simulator and deserves all the money for that!

The main reason why i've ever liked to play Lock On was exactly for this epic battle between the Eagle and the Flanker, and i know the performances of both even if i didn't fly them..., i don't need to fly them to know exactly where one excells and the other doesn't and vice-versa, so don't doubt my knowledge about that..., and if the devs or ED whoever does the flight modelling of the aircrafts don't want to take this into account, i won't buy FC3 at all, and probably others wouldn't do it either due to the same fact!

Against all odds, i hope they'll seriously take the F-15C vs Su-27's performances into account as a main issue if they want to give it a real name for dogfights in FC3, because the blackout thing still remains a rubbish..., at least this they should fix!

With honest respect,

Maverick!

Edited by MaverickF22
Modified the values of maximum CL depending on Mach number!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

John Farley doesn't agree with that.:D

Aye - just goes to show, eh......

Ta for the link :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'