Access rules were changed for Dcs folder

Big Nuts

I don't understand what you mean by access rules, can you elaborate a bit more?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team
And now i can't start it, repair and cleanup didn't help. Will i have to delete dcs and re download?

Sorry not sure what you mean.

Have you changed the location of your install and now your shortcuts dont work?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

DCS tends to change access rules within its files with every update. Before re-installing, try to change access rules on the main DCS folder and let it override all files and folders in the hirarchy. Yes this does take its time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
DCS tends to change access rules within its files with every update. Before re-installing, try to change access rules on the main DCS folder and let it override all files and folders in the hirarchy. Yes this does take its time.

Strange, never noticed this on my builds, I am running windows 10

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Strange, never noticed this on my builds, I am running windows 10

I also run Windows 10, but had the same on my Windows 7 mashine. DCS does work though, but I have to change access rules every time I want to edit a file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
1. Don't install DCS under the program files folder.

2. Like someone already said, open the entire DCS folder to all users with an admin login.

That could be why I am not seeing this, all of my installs outside of programme files directories.

Normally, you don't need to edit anything in the game install folder.

All modifications should go to Saved Games folder.

I do need to edit the MissionScripting.lua for the DCE. Anyway, this thread is not about what I need to edit where, but that DCS is changing access rules by itself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I do need to edit the MissionScripting.lua for the DCE. Anyway, this thread is not about what I need to edit where, but that DCS is changing access rules by itself.

It just creates the files with the default access rules, which are 'inherit from the parent folder'.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.