AS 565 Panther

Devil 505

I have wanted to see the Panther brought to any sim since the first time I saw her roll out of the hangar in Grand Prairie Texas when I was a kid. My father did the flight tests for her. There is no better 3rd party to beg too than you guys. With your work on the Gazelle and connections with Airbus, this iconic helicopter would bring a lot to the table. Many of the nations in DCS use it still to this day, upgraded of course. It covers every aspect of warfare from Sea Attack, Ground attack, personnel carrier, SAR, and recon. It has a very wide array of weapon systems and if modeled right, a sound very few other helos will ever have. I implore everyone to look into her and research her capabilities. I think this helicopter would be awesome for DCS and a dream come true for me. It would also add another asset to our French brothers and sisters! We need a Puma too.

Either way I will be satisfied. We need more helos in the game with multiple roles. I hope someday the Panther or even just a Dauphin becomes reality for DCS. Let’s hope Polychop becomes the Heat Blur of helicopters! Love what they are doing so far. I know there were complaints about the Gazelle but I love it! Grew up around this one too and no one has come close to nailing the sounds or model like them. I have very high hopes for the future. Kiowa has me fired up. Brings back memories of Janes Longbow 2. Now we just need to get them making a Blackhawk and Apache and we will be good to go.

Edited by robert.clark251

I belive polychop already have plans for the next chopper after the oh-58D Kiowa

Polychop has its hands full with the development of the OH-58D and the renewed support of the Gazelle module. No future plans other than personal wishes by individual members of the team exist. We strongly believe we have to finish what we’ve started and if we’ve learned anything from the past it is that we shouldn’t move on to a new project too fast, especially with an ever changing engine as its base.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would as well support this helicopter, if it gets the sniper team as well on it.

As that helicopter was used in the "Operation Red Sea" that was a Chinese action movie about their navy special forces. Not visible on the trailer, but the helicopter and its sniper team is used in many long period scenes in the movie (Trailer:

).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I would as well support this helicopter, if it gets the sniper team as well on it.

As that helicopter was used in the "Operation Red Sea" that was a Chinese action movie about their navy special forces. Not visible on the trailer, but the helicopter and its sniper team is used in many long period scenes in the movie (Trailer:

).

With your permision I will embed it here and say there is another beautiful one on 0:55

Edited by swatstar98

Chinook lover - Rober -

I fully support Polly's call to focus on finishing the two Helos they have now before moving on, but lets keep the hype train going on this thread for the AS 565 so when the time comes, hopefully this has a running chance. I would honestly love to see any of the Airbus helos make it into the game. Puma, Super Puma, Tiger ect......