HMS Hermes R12 Released V2.5

• 3 weeks later...
Last few times I tried I've just fallen overboard on spawn, but admittedly I don't think I've tried since the last round of carrier fixes. Might have something to do with being in motion also.

It was brought to my attention I'd not even mentioned this before ( I thought I had, so apologies again ).

That was from a thread about Harriers, so 81 version specific & the last beta version from user files - I've since built a new mission to test. Harriers spawn fine in all 4 selectable slots whether in motion or at anchor ( which they weren't before for me, but I think I might put that down to DCS being DCS ), however helicopters still fall overboard no matter which slot I spawn them in or which helicopter.

Edited by Richard Dastardly

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Due to limits helicopters can't use the 81 version, Only 73 and visa versa..

re saving the spawn locations sometimes works as well or set them as air start then take off from carrier.

I'll have another look at the code to see IF i can make it work.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Due to limits helicopters can't use the 81 version, Only 73 and visa versa..

re saving the spawn locations sometimes works as well or set them as air start then take off from carrier.

I'll have another look at the code to see IF i can make it work.

I guess you can't have spawns visible to only helicopters or only aircraft?

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Will have to wait for ED to update the carrier code on their end first before we ( modders and probably 3rd parties ) can do anything...

I will have a look over the weekend to sea if anything has changed in the code.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Debug log is singularily unhelpful for telling you why your spawn crashes the game :p well, I suspect it's all on you, while I know Lua & something about how models and scripting interacts generally, I'm not up to speed with DCS.

Thanks for the work!

Helicopters on the Hermes,spawn correctly, but slide back on the deck at 0 kts, before taking off.

Update: Everything is now working well.

Stable version.

Edited by Holbeach
Update.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• 1 month later...

I have had this jigsaw for over 30 years. My daughter and I decided to put it together, we finished it yesterday.

Cheers!

e442f824d5fdac91612b27e9b855ba41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

• 1 month later...

It disappears afte a very short distance (about 20 clicks on the mouse wheel) so got pissed off and deleted it.. along with the others that are broken in a rage attack...

Will upload the new updated version when it works.

It disappears afte a very short distance (about 20 clicks on the mouse wheel) so got pissed off and deleted it.. along with the others that are broken in a rage attack...

Will upload the new updated version when it works.

Ah. So the Hermes is now HMS Invisible? I thought that was a different ship, I was on that one once, a sailor gave me lots of grot mags!

Don't dishearten. It's called progress!! (no it really is)

Forwards is the new backwards. Or the other way around. Can't remember. Can't tell some of the time too.

Cheer up :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 3 weeks later...

two issues so far if i pick 81 model my helos spawn off the side and fall i the sea

the 70s model viewing it from 1 o clock all is normal viewing form inside the helo or from 1:30 through to aft the deck is black from 12 oclock through anti clockwise to aft the deck is see through and i can see the guts of the ship so for now have reverted to the last build before it

Thanks.

until ED sort out the code

70s is for helo ops

80s harrier ops.

I'll have a look into the texture issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great Joey. Of interest the largest helo's to use the deck in the 1970's were the Wessex 5's of 845 NACS, and we could accommodate a 5 on each spot easily. We would occasionally get a visitor from the USMC, a Sea Knight of CH53 and they were usually spotted down the back somewhere and rarely in an assault or Eagle Flight sequence, they took up too much space. I have no recollection of ever seeing a CH47 on her deck, no doubt they did but I never saw it. 845 NACS had 18 Wessex 5's (20 if you Include Prince Charles Red Dragon Flight) and the handlers could get one assault wave of 8 away and another up and on the spots very quickly. The dark areas to the Starboard on the flight deck was used to park the Cdo Units Vehicles and Guns, the guns up forward usually. The unit vehicles would be the lightweight Landrover SWB types with trailers, it was rare to see anything larger on her deck because we had no helos capable of lifting them off. During winter deployments the Landrovers were replaced by Snowcats, the most useless bit of kit the Royal Marines ever used. Beside the parked vehicles you might find the odd Small Military 6ftx6ft Chacon of the period, lots more of those on winter deployments.

Hope this is helpful for deck populators.

How do I know all this stuff. In the 1970's the 2 x Royal Navy Cdo Helo Sqns (845 and 848 ) had 8 Royal Marines in them, 2 Lt RM pilots. 2 Sgt RM and 4 Marines who provided the tactical ashore parties (MAOT) for the Sqns when they were deployed ashore from the ships. They were members of the Sqn, and I was one of them in the 1970's.

845 Parent Ship - HMS Hermes

848 Parent Ship - HMS Albion

846 Parent Ship - HMS Gannet (RNAS Yeovilton) - The RNAS Cdo Helo Training Sqn. Winter deployment base RNoAF Bardufoss Norway.

Edited by crazyeddie

Updated first post

Thanks a lot for keeping this beautiful ship updated .. cant wait for Razbam to release their Malvinas (Falklands) Map :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB