VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Vaicom not working in MP

Hello I am having very strange behaviour. I have updated Vaicom pro, and today updated Voiceattack when prompted. Been flying a mission in A10, and startup and taxi etc all recognised fine (with the reassuring beep at the end to let me know it's been recognised) but then at some point during the mission, it seems to lose the link between DCS and voiceattack. I can hear the static when I transmit, but no beep at the end. If I shift-tab to the VA window I can see that the my command was recognised, but not passed to the game. I also used to be able to "take 10" to get the F10 options menu but can't now. Any ideas?

I'm having a similar problem, but only in Multiplayer. Everything was working fine, then I lost JTAC, the the 'Options' menu stopped and now there it is completely non responsive period. I can't even call up the rearming screen.

I have switched to single player and everything works just fine.

In MP I am getting a beep to tell me a command has been recognised but nothing happens. I have gone the thought the process of updating Vaicom and VA, deleting the Export LUA and restarting, checking that commands are being sent to the correct app and/or active window both generally and for each command in the profile. It seems to be a MP issue.

Is it normal for information messages on the upper right side of the screen to be pushed down to the bottom right while voice attack is active? If not, how is this prevented? I have tried to disable the comms menu in the config with no luck. Having messages overlay on the top right of my cockpit instruments is a no go. I need them consistently in the upper right where they belong.

Any help?

@Hollywood Still having this problem with no resolution found. Any help is appreciated.

@stgchamby Addressed in next update.

@Kristoffer79 No you use either one or the other.

@RichW If needed, reset you custom path to force lua, delete export.lua from Saved Games then restart VA and DCS.

@sollymans @FreightDog Not reproducible here, just as reminder you need PRO license activated, plugin Use With Multiplayer option must be enabled and the MP server must have Player Export setting set to ON.

Thanks

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Is it possible to show the Jester wheel when using VAICOM and AIRIO?
No, they're mutually exclusive, AFAIK.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I have come to the same conclusions, and the fact that the J-11A is not part of the original FC3 aircraft makes sense. Perhaps they just did not completely model the ATC commands for the China assets pack. I have also experienced where DCS appears to take action on my voice command, if I say ' Request takeoff' I get no verbal response however if you open the comms menu at that point the next option is 'Abort takeoff' so obviously the command was received and executed just no verbal response from ATC. It appears that no one anticipated the J-11A would be used with Voice Attack, thanks for your responses and I will post if I get this resolved, lastly you mentioned VP several times in your response, what is VP? Did I miss something? Anyway, thanks again and have a great day.

I'm having exactly the same problem with the AV-8 module, VAICOM recognises the command and the message comes up requesting takeoff, etc but no response back from ATC?

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

Jester wheel

@stgchamby Addressed in next update.

@Kristoffer79 No you use either one or the other.

@RichW If needed, reset you custom path to force lua, delete export.lua from Saved Games then restart VA and DCS.

@sollymans @FreightDog Not reproducible here, just as reminder you need PRO license activated, plugin Use With Multiplayer option must be enabled and the MP server must have Player Export setting set to ON.

Thanks

Ok, thx. But can I do some kind of mod or anything if I want the wheel thou? Its just hard in the beginning to remeber all the commands and such. And it would help alot if you could use the wheel also. Its just that sometimes in the heat it wont recogise my voice also. Then its good to have the wheel as a backup..

Also is it possible to have VAICOM AIRIO to only be enabled on The F-14. I dont need VAICOM on any other module. I only want it for the RIO. I just want a regular Voiceattack profile on the other modules..

VAICOM AIRIO will only work with the F14 anyway and if you want to fly other aircraft without VAICOM Pro, just don't start or close VoiceAttack.

Yea i know, that wasnt really what i meant thou..

But im having a hard time to get AIRIO to work. I think I have done everything that it says in the manual. But cant get Jester to execute anything. He doesnt readback to me..

@Hollywood

For AIRIO. Is it possible to add a command that has Jester verbally call out a contact's bearing range and altitude (BRA), or even just distance?

Currently, if you ask Jester to lock up someone STT, it will usually trigger him to give a BRA (well... usually just range and sometimes bearing and range).

I find myself asking him to go STT and break lock to get a verbal update on the target's distance. That way I can keep my head out of the cockpit. It would be neat if you could just... ask him for an update.

This isn't a command available in the radial menu, so it isn't a 'standard' trigger other than after he STT locks a target or when he sees a target worth calling out, but it would be a neat voice command if it is possible to trigger that AI behavior.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

@Hollywood_315

I recently switched to using the audio pass-through, so I only have comms on the headset. I really like it, it adds to immersion, in my opinion.

One issue I noticed is that Chatter audio doesn't pause when I hit the PTT keys anymore. Is this something that might be worked on in the future or maybe something on my end?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hello there ! I tried it today and loved it (except for the manual radio settings part, that is a nightmare for a french :D ).

I have some troubles with the RIO not doing anything when I ask him for scan range 400 too, he says OK but do not change the radar settings. Am I the only one ? Should I change something ?

Thanks ! And awesome work Hollywood ! :)

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Hi I have a problem with Voiceattack & Vaicom pro not sending sound only reply's with the text message from ATC and others.

Any idé what can do this, read forums and all manuals but can't find anything.

It works so far as to execute the commands given but as said only text reply :helpsmilie:

Hi I have a problem with Voiceattack & Vaicom pro not sending sound only reply's with the text message from ATC and others.

Any idé what can do this, read forums and all manuals but can't find anything.

It works so far as to execute the commands given but as said only text reply :helpsmilie:

Check the REDIR setting on the Audio tab in the VAICOM control panel.

I had the same problem until I remembered I'd turned redirection on. Went in and checked and the output had changed to another output.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I have a basic question about Vaicom. I bought it today, and in installing it says I should only use their profile. What happens to all the other profiles I have created for the various modules I own? I'm just confused, any one can clarify that would be great. And if I have to use only the one profile, how do you handle module specific commands?

I have a basic question about Vaicom. I bought it today, and in installing it says I should only use their profile. What happens to all the other profiles I have created for the various modules I own? I'm just confused, any one can clarify that would be great. And if I have to use only the one profile, how do you handle module specific commands?

There are folks in here way better verses in Vaicom than I, but to put it simply Vaicom Pro takes over all of it for you and handles the modules beautifully.

Suggest a good reading or two of the Vaicom manual to help get a better understanding of what it does. Great program!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There are folks in here way better verses in Vaicom than I, but to put it simply Vaicom Pro takes over all of it for you and handles the modules beautifully.

Suggest a good reading or two of the Vaicom manual to help get a better understanding of what it does. Great program!

That's what I keep hearing! But I still need help wrapping my head around it. Perhaps an example will help. A ridiculous one. One that isn't strictly about the plane, but will serve to illustrate my confusion.

In some of my modules on VoiceAttack I use it's ability to play sound in order to play music on demand. VoiceAttack can play a random mp3 song out of a directory. So my command is "play random song" and I get to have a sound track.

Again, ridiculous example. Do I get to keep that command?

And I have certain commands that I have chosen to offload to Voiceattack in some modules because I use VR and the keyboard options and some of the hotus button flipping isn't available to me.

I'm just seeking to understand, specifically, what happens to these?

You can keep your existing VA profiles and attach (daisy-chain) them to the VAICOM PRO master profile.

Also you can use the plugins Exposed Variables to add dynamic module-specific stuff to your profiles i.e. apply different actions depending on the module you're flying.

Details in the manual and various mentions along this thread, look here to get you started

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

You can keep your existing VA profiles and attach (daisy-chain) them to the VAICOM PRO master profile.

Also you can use the plugins Exposed Variables to add dynamic module-specific stuff to your profiles i.e. apply different actions depending on the module you're flying.

Details in the manual and various mentions along this thread, look here to get you started

Thank you so much!

Hey there, I absolutely love this app so far (especially enjoying AIRIO).

Just a quick question. Does this already work with the CTLD Scripts (JTAC Auto-Lase for example), or would I have to add these in myself?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 8700K, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX1080ti, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD Pack, 2x Lilliput 8" USB Monitors, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, CV1.

Hi,

Just installed VAICOM and so far I like it very much!!

One question though, when flying the Viper I use radio presets and when I transmit on UHF to contact Awacs (e.g. 255) I can also contact him on for example VHF 125.00. It makes no differents. Easy radio is off. I can see on PTT in VAICOM that i'm transmitting UHF and VHF, so the PTT binding are correct.

Thanks in advance!

Does anybody here has the "Scan distance 400" command not working in the F14 ? Jester receive the command but does not change the display settings. (the others scan distances, 50,100,200 are working well).

Thanks ! :)

Edited by -IRRE-Rolluptito

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -