Sig pic doesnt show. What do I do?

Pilotasso

Etherean...no no no no, we do not kill people. We're fighter pilots not murderers. :D

But yes, the game is based on real world politics because it will sell better that way, so given the nature of the genre we just have to accept it.

Same way for banners. Despite seeing destroyed F-15's and F-16's on them, they are not based in conflict, theres no political message in them watsoever because they are made by players of various nationality sometimes of the same countries using them, like mine is not based in any conflict. They can however reflect healthy competitive behaviour between pilots. And thats all theres to it realy.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Fff. Fighter pilots. Speak for yourself. Fighter pilots make movies but bomber pilots make history. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I don't see nothing wrong in Topol-m's and Pilotasso's signatures.

But one signature of them both is true...... I think you know which one.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Fff. Fighter pilots. Speak for yourself. Fighter pilots make movies but bomber pilots make history. :P

Yes that's holy true. Fighter pilots can celebrate and enjoy.... but bomber pilots are in books, in history ^^

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Somehow I knew you would approve. :P

And on the note of topol, I think he already changed to another signature picture. In response to Pilotasso's he got a picture of a Mig-29 launching missiles on a Falcon with added text in the vein of Pilotasso's picture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hajduk, a question:

If the re-enactment of the act of killing (in a military setting, there's different types of killing of course) is an acceptable form of entertainment to you - which it obviously is - then I don't understand what you are complaining about.

When playing Flaming Cliffs, killing an opponent occurs in the virtual world. It is a game that we play on our PC. Once we step over that virtual line, we are in a completely different world. The real world. Real feelings, real politics, real events are emerging. It is not a game anymore. And, in my view, this forum should not be a place where we lough at often tragic destiny of the real life combat airplanes and their pilots.

My question to this community is this: is it all right to look for remains of real events American, Italian, British ... combat airplanes-aircraft, make banners out of those pictures, with comments such as "Vimpel distributes American, Italian aircraft parts all over the place ..."? Is it all right to lough at tragic events of real combat pilots, that is my question EtherealN?

Edited by =4c= Hajduk Veljko

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

As has been mentioned, you did not raise a cry of injustice when it wasn't what you appeared to believe to be a Yugoslav Mig-29. Neither did you entertain the possiblity that (as was obvious) the picture was photoshopped. Neither did you entertain the possibility that the picture depicted an event from an airshow (which I believe is the actual case), or another conflict. Rather you immediately picked the one that has touched you directly. And while I can sympathise with that emotion my point is that if that isn't kosher then we shouldn't be considering our pastime an acceptable form of entertainment in the first place - simulated or not. Because even though it's a simulation it is a simulation of war, largely in Georgia, which is a very painful reality to a lot of people.

Go to those places and tell them that your favourite form of entertainment is to simulate bombing strikes and general war over their city.

My point is that by my understanding of your standards neither you nor I should be playing this game in the first place. Indeed, I would find it rather distasteful to focus so much on the tragic events that have happened to combat pilots and so completely omit the vast civilian cost to any conflict like the ones we are simulating for entertainment.

Have you ever laughed at your misfortune when you flew your Ka-50 into a building by accident on a multiplayer server? Well, things like that happen in real life in war - and usually costs a lot of non-combatant lifes. So my point is that if your main objection holds value it looks to me like you are attacking the most minor, inconsequential aspect of it and leaving out the big cluster bomb in the room.

But this topic is clearly quite sensitive so I'll let it rest there. You have the grounds for my lack of understanding and I believe I have a clear picture of the causes for your objection.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

you guys are drifting away too much :) this is only about each pilots colors. Just like biker gangs (I am my own gang and should sufice LOL) :D

My PC specs below:

The Raytheon one.;)

I don't see nothing wrong in Topol-m's and Pilotasso's signatures.

But one signature of them both is true...... I think you know which one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Which member of this forum has a real life F-15 crash site, or real F-15 flaming as an image in his banner? I need to see it.

Okay, why don't you start complaining to people who have flaming F-15's in their sigs too, now then? I hate to rememer there two training incidents where F-15's were hit by sidewinders ....

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I will use this opportunity to express my feeling of disappointment in Pilotasso's act of using a Russian MiG-29 accident image with AMRAAM missile and inappropriate comment to create his banner picture. I apologize for not mentioning the fact that this was a Russian airplane.

As has been mentioned, you did not raise a cry of injustice when it wasn't what you appeared to believe to be a Yugoslav Mig-29.

I responded to a question about the Fairford accident. But I'll do it again. In the Fairford accident, AMRAAM missile was not used to shoot at the burning MiG as implied in Pilotasso's picture. Thus Pilotasso's banner is not about Fairford accident, but has much deeper, and in my view, provocative, subliminal meaning.

Neither did you entertain the possiblity that (as was obvious) the picture was photoshopped. Neither did you entertain the possibility that the picture depicted an event from an airshow (which I believe is the actual case), or another conflict.

I have profound feelings for victims of wars. When playing Flaming Cliffs and Black Shark, we simulate war environment. We do not shoot at real people. When playing Flaming Cliffs we celebrate engineering achievements in aerospace industry regardless of the political environment these incredible machines were created. That's why this games should be what they are, the games. In the new age of computers, we must be able to distinguish between real and virtual world. That is why pictures of real accidents or shoot-downs should not be used here to "make my point" of which missile or airplane is better ...

Rather you immediately picked the one that has touched you directly. And while I can sympathise with that emotion my point is that if that isn't kosher then we shouldn't be considering our pastime an acceptable form of entertainment in the first place - simulated or not. Because even though it's a simulation it is a simulation of war, largely in Georgia, which is a very painful reality to a lot of people.

Go to those places and tell them that your favourite form of entertainment is to simulate bombing strikes and general war over their city.

My point is that by my understanding of your standards neither you nor I should be playing this game in the first place. Indeed, I would find it rather distasteful to focus so much on the tragic events that have happened to combat pilots and so completely omit the vast civilian cost to any conflict like the ones we are simulating for entertainment.

Have you ever laughed at your misfortune when you flew your Ka-50 into a building by accident on a multiplayer server? Well, things like that happen in real life in war - and usually costs a lot of non-combatant lifes. So my point is that if your main objection holds value it looks to me like you are attacking the most minor, inconsequential aspect of it and leaving out the big cluster bomb in the room.

But this topic is clearly quite sensitive so I'll let it rest there. You have the grounds for my lack of understanding and I believe I have a clear picture of the causes for your objection.

My question still stands:

Is it all right to look for remains of real events American, Italian, British ... combat airplanes-aircraft, make banners out of those pictures, with comments such as "Vimpel distributes American, Italian aircraft parts all over the place ..."? Is it all right to lough at tragic events of real combat pilots?

By the way, Topol-M changed his banner.

Why do I get caught up in these all the time lately? :P

In the Fairford accident, AMRAAM missile was not used to shoot at the burning MiG as implied in Pilotasso's picture. Thus Pilotasso's banner is not about Fairford accident, but has much deeper, and in my view, provocative, subliminal meaning.

No.

Pilotasso's picture doesn't imply that people were shooting at the stricken MiG depicted in the picture.

Pilotasso used a composite of two pictures to replicate an actual Raytheon slogan.

The provocation, and "subliminal" meaning is entirely in your own mind. YOU are making it WAY more than it's meant to be. You are giving it meaning that it never had in the eyes of it's creator as if it were some sort of abstract painting at the Guggenheim. This is just plainly absurd.

When playing Flaming Cliffs and Black Shark, we simulate war environment. We do not shoot at real people.

Pilotasso has not shot at real people. (EDIT: As far as I know, that is... :P )

He has performed no action that you have not also done in this respect.

All he has done is "simulated" through photoshop the same thing that you simulate for entertainment yourself.

In the new age of computers, we must be able to distinguish between real and virtual world.

I cannot agree more. So in the interests of spreading this understanding, please note this:

A photoshopped picture is NOT real.

I repeat.

A photoshopped picture is NOT real.

Is it all right to look for remains of real events American, Italian, British ... combat airplanes-aircraft, make banners out of those pictures, with comments such as "Vimpel distributes American, Italian aircraft parts all over the place ..."? Is it all right to lough at tragic events of real combat pilots?

I have already responded to that.

If it was not allright, you would have objected to it. You never did when people did use those.

And yes, feel free to use the well proliferated pictures of the remains of the F117 shot down over Serbia and add some text saying "Stealth... Yeah Right!". It'll get a rise out of GG and everyone will giggle. And to REALLY strike that home: I've heard a lecture by the pilot in question where HE HIMSELF laughs at his choice of word as he calls in the SAR mission to save his ass from POW status while he was descending in a parachute.

I have absolutely no problem with that, beacause this woe-stricken poor tragic pilot your are painting seems to just regard it as a part of his job. One of the risks he knew he was signing up for.

BUT

Do recall that if you do make yourself such a picture you are saying a certain something about the convictions thus far displayed in this thread. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Look harder. I know, if it's not a MiG you won't notice - and this is the point ;)

Which member of this forum has a real life F-15 crash site, or real F-15 flaming as an image in his banner? I need to see it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Look harder. I know, if it's not a MiG you won't notice - and this is the point ;)

Common GGTharos, if you know, you tell me. If you guessed, let us know that just you guessed. I can not look at the banners of hundreds and hundreds of forum members. If I see it I will respond to it.

I have absolutely no problem with that, beacause this woe-stricken poor tragic pilot your are painting seems to just regard it as a part of his job. One of the risks he knew he was signing up for.
Fair enough EtherealN. Looking for pictures ...
  • Like 1

The banners are there, not worth pointing fingers at each others. Haj, this is entertaining reading but when is too much its pathetic realy. There are better things to do.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

wanna bet he is going to do just that? The old policy of giving a blow twice as hard as the one (not) "recieved". :D

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

x-man?

seriously i cannot believe anyone takes this guy seriously anymore. why is he allowed to act stupid still?

.....Ive had this sig for over a year.....

Is that a NATO F-15 downed by an Insurgent Igla.........Oh Sweet Mary-Jane :cry:

.......Forum Support on Speed-Dial........:fear:

• Like 2

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

ZOMG thats a Portuguese F-15 destroyed over Iraq!!!!!!! :D

• Like 1

My PC specs below: