Helmet targeting system too bright (blinding) in VR!

Wolf8312

Hey guys try to use the head mounted targeting system in VR (DCS 2.2) and its so blinding I have to switch it of again. Anyone know how to fix this, never used to have this problem, so am thinking its maybe a bug?

Thanks guys!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I use 1.2 gamma and also find it to be OK. BTW... You need to turn on deferred shading (or HDR maybe) to get the gamma slider to work.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I use 1.2 gamma and also find it to be OK. BTW... You need to turn on deferred shading (or HDR maybe) to get the gamma slider to work.

Deferred shading on and then off again because I cant use it in VR as it makes things look awful. You guys know I dont mean the black shark itself right, but only the head targeting system where you select your target using your head? The actual blackshark module is fine, but whenever I turn on the targeting system in VR everything just goes bright white. Sorry if thats not very clear, I will check tooltips later and find out what the exact name for the head mounted targeting system is.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Sounds like you have the Night Vision instead of the targeting sight?

If so you'll likely need to turn the HUD to night mode and turn it's brightness down, also turn the ABRIS down to notch one on the brightness... And turn off all of the lights in the cockpit, then turn down the brightness of the Shkvall...

It's odd that you say everything looks bad with Deferred Shading... I can't run without it any longer as it looks so much better.

Be sure to turn off all AA if you run DS as they don't mix well. Also... Did you try adjusting the gamma? I think you can do so in the options menu that you get to using ESC in the cockpit so you can immediately see the effect. For me it turns of the color saturation so everything is much clearer and less muddy/hazy. that said... Some cockpits are a bit bugged in DS mode right now so they do sometimes look a bit odd.

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)