Face Tracking - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
thrustvector

Default Face Tracking

i recently came across a program on a site that allowed you not to use a cap/clip to use a face tracking software/program.
I'm still using the demo but its working very well with DCS, nearly as smooth as my clip, but I haven't got it as smooth yet, only had it an hour or two.
my question is it uses the opentrack/freetrack system, but in using it I need to have this 3rd party website open and run that before the system will start, which I don't want to do.
(its a well known site, not dodgy LOL, that we probably all use)
now I'm not trying to pirate it or anything like that, and I have ask the dev on the forum if it can be downloaded somewhere else as a straight program to run seperatly like opentrack.
is it possible opentrack itself will do this?
sorry for vagueness but not sure if I can say where it is, maybe I can as we see it a lot here?
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
Bob_Bushman

Sounds a bit like facetrackNoIR I played with a while back, but I found it rather unreliable

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

It's an open source project so have a go.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #3
ricktoberfest

Facetracknoir doesn’t require internet access while running so that can’t be it. Which program is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricktoberfest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
Bob_Bushman

I meant is sounded similar to that, and was suggesting facetrack as a standalone non-trial option.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #5
ricktoberfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Bushman View Post
I meant is sounded similar to that, and was suggesting facetrack as a standalone non-trial option.

Sorry- I wasn’t arguing with you, just trying to figure out which program he is using to be able to help him.

I use facetracknoir and it works fine once it’s configured properly. It works with the tracking clips and hats too (one day I’ll make one). The only issue I have with it is that it tracks eyes and mouth to determine face position. When you take a drink or rub your face or somehow obscure it from the camera it can get messed up when it finds your face again. A quick stop and start of the tracker and it’s back to normal.
I have a couple buttons on my mouse programmed to 1. Freeze the tracker, and 2. Reset the tracker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricktoberfest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #6
thrustvector

I'm sure I can say its not really advertising, its on steam, view tracker, its nice tot to use a clip
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote