MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework - Page 128 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #1271
Habu_69

I think the scripts are added to the .miz file (I10n DEFAULT folder) when triggered.
Habu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #1272
fargo007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
1 - Your version of Moose was too old.

I >THOUGHT< I downloaded the latest version...unless I managed to find an old one on the hard drive...

2 - Mission script was running on a ten second delay. I changed it to "Mission Start"

Yeah I did that because I wasn't sure which to use

3 - Lar airbase object was incorrectly named.

What do you mean? I misnamed it or it was misnamed in Moose? (Comparing the two they "look" the same)

Thank you very much for the help Fargo.
You're welcome. Others here have helped me so I'm happy to pass it forward.

.Lar_AIRBASE vs. Lar_Airbase

That one was in all caps and the others weren't. The version of moose in there predated the PG map.

You dig rotorcraft? Training, Quals, Missions, & FUN. Ask me about joining the Black Sharks!
fargo007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:30 PM   #1273
FlightControl

Default Release 2.4.0 has been published.

On github:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Mas...ases/tag/2.4.0

Please review and enjoy!

FC and FunkyFranky
Old 10-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #1274
Whisper

A huge bunch of new awesome features, thanks for all the work
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:06 AM   #1275
Vishari

Hey guys wondering if someone can shed some light on my issue.

I've been banging my head to the wall trying to get the new Warehouse module working as described and I'm having no luck. I have even tried to set up a simple infantry self request with a single warehouse to make sure the feature is working and I'm stumped.

I'm a novice script writer at best and I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I just can't seem to troubleshoot it myself.

I've included the .lua file if anyone could take a few moments to check/test with their own quick mission setup. Note: I have the latest moose.lua and source code from the github site and I am loading the Moose.lua then my script lua file at mission start in the proper order.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: lua MissionIV.lua (1.8 KB, 56 views)
Vishari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #1276
Dutch Baron

AWESOME WORK GUYS!
Amazing new features with very clear information and instructions, job well done for sure!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #1277
MatsH

Default Need help! Again!

Hello,

I am a beginner at scripting but I want to create a dynamic environment for myself and a couple of guys to fly in.

First of all I want:
- Abkhazian 1st Fighter Squadron based at Gudauta and equipped with 12 MiG-21Bis to conduct CAP all over Abkazhia with a 2-plane formation.

- The same squadron to scramble interceptors in pairs when the CAP is engaged or unavailable.

For this I tried the GCICAP scripts which I finally got working but they didn't have all the details in them that I wanted. So I am now trying the DISPATCHER instead. I looked at the example mission and modified the same script for my purpose.

It looks like this:
Quote:
---
-- Name: GEORGIA_1994_AI_A2A_DISPATCHER
-- Author: Mats Hjorter
-- Date Created: 10 Oct 2018

-- Define a SET_GROUP object that builds a collection of groups that define the EWR network.
-- Here we build the network with all the groups that have a name starting with DF CCCP AWACS and DF CCCP EWR.
DetectionSetGroup = SET_GROUP:New()
DetectionSetGroup:FilterPrefixes( { "ABK EWR" } )
DetectionSetGroup:FilterStart()

Detection = DETECTION_AREAS:New( DetectionSetGroup, 30000 )

-- Setup the A2A dispatcher, and initialize it.
A2ADispatcher = AI_A2A_DISPATCHER:New( Detection )

-- Enable the tactical display panel.
A2ADispatcher:SetTacticalDisplay( true )

-- Initialize the dispatcher, setting up a border zone. This is a polygon,
-- which takes the waypoints of a late activated group with the name ABK Border as the boundaries of the border area.
-- Any enemy crossing this border will be engaged.
ABKBorderZone = ZONE_POLYGON:New( "ABK Border", GROUP:FindByName( "ABK Border" ) )
A2ADispatcher:SetBorderZone( ABKBorderZone )

-- Initialize the dispatcher, setting up a radius of 100km where any airborne friendly
-- without an assignment within 100km radius from a detected target, will engage that target.
A2ADispatcher:SetEngageRadius( 100000 )

-- Setup the squadrons.
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "1ST", AIRBASE.Caucasus.Gudauta, { "ABK MIG-21" }, 12 )

-- Setup the overhead
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronOverhead( "1ST", 1.2 )

-- Setup the Grouping
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGrouping( "1ST", 2 )

-- Setup the Takeoff methods
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronTakeoff( "1ST", AI_A2A_Dispatcher.Takeoff.Hot )

-- Setup the Landing methods
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronLandingAtEngineShutdown( "1ST" )

-- CAP Squadron execution.
CAPZoneEast = ZONE_POLYGON:New( "ABK Border", GROUP:FindByName( "ABK Border" ) )
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap( "1ST", Abkhazia, 4000, 10000, 500, 600, 800, 900)
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCapInterval( "1ST", 2, 30, 180, 1 )

-- GCI Squadron execution.
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGci( "1ST", 900, 1200 )
The tactical panel shows that my test F-15s get detected but no MiGs spawn to intercept or to conduct CAP.

What have I missed?

Also: Is there a MOOSE equivalent to the Integrated Air Defense System or Smarter SAMs scripts? - I also would like all the SAMs to cooperate and give us a hard time!

Thankful for any help!
/Mats
Attached Files
File Type: lua GEORGIA_1994_AI_A2A_DISPATCHER.lua (2.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: miz GEORGIA_1994-09-25 .miz (735.6 KB, 6 views)
MatsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #1278
ECV56_Polten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishari View Post
Hey guys wondering if someone can shed some light on my issue.

I've been banging my head to the wall trying to get the new Warehouse module working as described and I'm having no luck. I have even tried to set up a simple infantry self request with a single warehouse to make sure the feature is working and I'm stumped.

I'm a novice script writer at best and I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I just can't seem to troubleshoot it myself.

I've included the .lua file if anyone could take a few moments to check/test with their own quick mission setup. Note: I have the latest moose.lua and source code from the github site and I am loading the Moose.lua then my script lua file at mission start in the proper order.

Thanks!
You have a typo on line 17, you wrote resDetection instead of redDetection. I don´t think this is causing the problem you mention, but it will surely cause other problems, specially in line 23 when you call AI_A2A_Dispatcher:New(redDetection)
Saitek X-52 Pro & Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals & TrackIR 5 & Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS
Oh, yeah, also the Sony PlayStation 4
ECV56_Polten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #1279
Vishari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECV56_Polten View Post
You have a typo on line 17, you wrote resDetection instead of redDetection. I don´t think this is causing the problem you mention, but it will surely cause other problems, specially in line 23 when you call AI_A2A_Dispatcher:New(redDetection)
Thanks polten. Fortunately I caught that typo as well and fixed it and my GCI setup is working great now.

Still not having any luck with the Warehouse feature however. I have pretty much copied the basic self request example in the moose documentation but nothing happens. The warehouse doesn't appear to do anything when I launch the mission. The example also states that the map should have a marker placed at the warehouse with the available assets but I'm not seeing that either.

If you need me to include a miz file along with the Warehouse test I can do that later when I get home from work.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: I just realized the .lua file i uploaded in my original post doesn't even have the warehouse scripting I was trying to implement (doi!). It seems I uploaded a previous version of my script so I'll have to re-post it with the correct file when I get home.

Last edited by Vishari; 10-11-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Vishari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #1280
toma19

Hi Mats

at line A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronTakeoff( "1ST", AI_A2A_Dispatcher.Takeoff.Hot )
it should be
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronTakeoff( "1ST", AI_A2A_DISPATCHER.Takeoff.Hot )
toma19 is offline   Reply With Quote