Noob question: Rocket and gun boresight

ebabil

I was triying to use rockets and guns without using shkval pod. I just wanted to strafe some buildings. I could do it only holding "O" button with helmet targeting is on. other wise gun barrel looks skval sensor. Am i doing right or is there other method to do so?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

You can also set the gun mode to "fixed", so the gun will be fixed to boresight independently of the Shkval.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

thanks guys

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

EDIT:

Problem with not using the shkval while in manual gunsight mode, is that you can't range with the laser. So, it's basically just an iron sight then.

x

Edited by 3WA

I thought it used to too. But now it does it in manual sight mode only if you have the shkval on. I swear it used to do it with the shkval off, but it didn't when I experimented with it. I made sure the laser was on, but with shkval off, the sight did not adjust when I lased.

EDIT:

Ahh, I only tried with rockets. Maybe gun can range when in fixed mode with shkval off.

When I'm Danger Close, I prefer rockets! Might as well, only thing they're really good for.

Edited by 3WA

There is a boresight mode that can be activated on the targeting control panel (one of the switches on the bottom). In boresight you have to hold down the 'lock target' button and your gun/rocket reticle will be adjusted for range.

Uses the laser so make sure that's on and keep in mind holding for too long may burn out your laser very quickly.

Also in this mode the Shkval can not be used.

Edited by fudabidu