[FIXED]IA not firing in MP -norender servers

UPDATE: Still not working in 2.5.5.33057, Latest OpenBeta, 1 month later!

Even if someone believes it is a"minor" bug just because it's affecting -no-render servers only ( the 95% of servers ) I think you have to review it's priority.

Actually this bug it's making DCS the DigitalNONCombatSimulator, it's mean you can flight XP11,FSX,P3D for the same feature. If we are here on DCS it is because we hope that red coalition open fire on blue and viceversa.

All servers admin spend lot of money on high quality server rent, IT resources, and a lot of time design the 24/7 mission, that most of the times mean fight against DCS bugs. We're trying to do all the best from our side, but see the main bug thread closed and archived as "reported" with no info, it's simply frustrating.

This attitude it's making me really disappointed, and I'm personally loosing motivation on develop and maintain 24/7 server if we're not taken into account like this.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Respect the developers but we are unable to use the server to do our activities. It is summer now and we are on a break but it cannot be an excuse for this delay.

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

• ED Team

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience, please be assured the team are working on this bug. It is however a more complicated issue than first thought.

When we have news we will pass it on.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
I see no mention of the dedi server AI/norender bug being fixed in this version, I hope it's been silently slipped in.

Hi Mustang,

correct, not fixed yet, there was some complications but it is high priority.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for letting us know @BIGNEWY. This is the first thing I check for each week and it's the first thing we discuss in the Moose scripting Discord each week, it's of the highest importance to many big servers using dynamic AI.

Ah ok well thanks for letting us know :thumbup:

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hi Mustang,

correct, not fixed yet, there was some complications but it is high priority.

Thanks for letting us know

Just to confirm if I run a non dedicated dcs.exe and use --norender AI will work ok?

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• ED Team
Thanks for letting us know

Just to confirm if I run a non dedicated dcs.exe and use --norender AI will work ok?

As far as I am aware it is dedicated server only, but I could be wrong.

Using --norender on either the dedicated server or FULL install will cause the AI to not react appropriately as far as my testing has shown. You CAN run a full install with --server option and then put "options.graphics.render3D = false" in the autoexec.cfg file. Then AI will react again.

Edited by Shahdoh

• ED Team
Using --norender on either the dedicated or FULL install will cause the AI to not react appropriately as far as my testing has shown. You CAN run a full install with --server option and then put "options.graphics.render3D = false" in the autoexec.cfg file. Then AI will react again.

Thanks Shahdoh

As far as I am aware it is dedicated server only, but I could be wrong.

Ok did some testing here are the results

1. Run dedicated dcs.exe with --norender --server = AI do not attack humans

2. Run dedicated dcs.exe with --server = server will not start exits with error

2019-07-17 17:49:21.566 INFO GRAPHICSVISTA: renderer: 'dx11backend.dll'

3. Run "normal" install of dcs.exe with -- server = server will not start and exits with error

DX11BACKEND: Failed assert `false && "failed to create texture"` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11TextureManager.cpp:678

4. Run "normal" install of dcs.exe with --norender -- server = AI do not attack humans

So it is sad to say with if you run a dedicated server with AI they will not attack and

there is no work around unless you have a proper graphics card in the server :cry: which not many will have

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Not sure why you are getting the error on your full install with only the --server option. We are currently running the Warbirds of Prey WWII server this way. We have been since I first identified the issue to ED back when 2.5.5 hit and this started.

Did you put in the "options.graphics.render3D = false" into the autoexec.cfg file?

• ED Team
Ok did some testing here are the results

1. Run dedicated dcs.exe with --norender --server = AI do not attack humans

2. Run dedicated dcs.exe with --server = server will not start exits with error

2019-07-17 17:49:21.566 INFO GRAPHICSVISTA: renderer: 'dx11backend.dll'

3. Run "normal" install of dcs.exe with -- server = server will not start and exits with error

DX11BACKEND: Failed assert `false && "failed to create texture"` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11TextureManager.cpp:678

4. Run "normal" install of dcs.exe with --norender -- server = AI do not attack humans

So it is sad to say with if you run a dedicated server with AI they will not attack and

there is no work around unless you have a proper graphics card in the server :cry: which not many will have

Yes the team are aware, and it is high priority, however there has been a complication as mentioned.

As soon as the team has a fix it will be in the closest patch.

Not sure why you are getting the error on your full install with only the --server option. We are currently running the Warbirds of Prey WWII server this way. We have been since I first identified the issue to ED back when 2.5.5 hit and this started.

Did you put in the "options.graphics.render3D = false" into the autoexec.cfg file?

yep , its been in the autoexec.cfg for a couple of years now

What is the spec of your server, has it a proper gfx card ?

No more pre-orders

Ah we have moved to a new thread, cool

5. Start "normal" install of dcs.exe, go through to MP menu and start a new MP hosting session (options.graphics.render3D = false in autoexec.cfg) = AI do not attack humans (or each other)

No more pre-orders

Right, which was already established. Then you posted again a repeat of trying to run MP without mention of the GFX card, making me think you had changed that component and still not working.

There was a way to run a server headless prior to the --server/--norender options. I would assume they still work, but maybe not.

I tried method 5, which is pretty much the oldest way to host an MP session

my server does not have a GFX card as it is a paid for one in a data centre

Still no working AI (aircraft at any rate) IGLA did shoot me down tho, so that is a little better than "dedicated mode"

No more pre-orders

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyway to revert the Dedicated server install back to the version where the AI were still working with --norender ?

Unfortunately not, if you know exact build number where it's working, you can use DCS Updater utility to go to that version, but no one will be able to join you server since the version is different.

BTW.....the problem still there in the 2.5.5.34108

We're all excited about the F/A-18 POD now, but please remember this annoying BUG, it's really frustrating and problematic for our server.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!