Have to buy lockon to then buy FC3?

baileya1c

So just to make sure I am correct. I have DCS World and I also want FC3, mostly for the other planes. I have to find a DVD copy of the original LockOn for around $20, then I have to pay another $50 for FC3? This can't be true, please tell me I am missing something?

Also, hello everyone. Newbie DCS guy here, don't worry, I will stay off MP until I get everything figured out and I am up to speed.

Just bought it off Ebay. Thanks for the link. One more noob question if you do not mind. I only have to have LockOn installed and activated to download/activate and use FC3 correct? I don't have to buy FC1 or FC2 before I buy FC3?

That's true.

Shame you've already bought lock on as they're moving toward making single planes available without lockon. So far only the A-10A and Su-25 are available but is saves having to buy lock on.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

eh, it was only 99 cents on Ebay. I'll play it for now. DCS world is taking FOREVER to move the planes over. SO far they've been releasing helo's, and I like jets.

It is Belsimtek that has made the UH - 1H and Mi-8, not ED.

There is meny third party developers that is working on different moduls for DCS world.

Edited by KennethBF

Hardware:

Mainboard: MSI Z77!-GD65 Gaming, Socket-1155

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, Quad Core, 3,5 GHz, 8MB

RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 2133 MHz 2x4 GB

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB

If you want to play sooner you can get the download version but it costs more.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

LockOn is $10 from UbiStore for Digital Download for Certain Regions

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.180159900/sac.true

And yes you read it correctly, it's a stipulation by Ubisoft.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Only if you're in the US. (Talking about LOMAC right?)

Yes Lomac

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Just bought it off Ebay. Thanks for the link. One more noob question if you do not mind. I only have to have LockOn installed and activated to download/activate and use FC3 correct? I don't have to buy FC1 or FC2 before I buy FC3?

IIRC, just installed - you don't even have to activate.

I just installed my Lock On Gold CD, then installed FC3, then uninstalled the Lock On Gold install.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|