Hornet OB update

hanab

• ED Team

PLID & STEP functions have been added to the SA Page and will be tweaked as the team progress. W.I.P

TGP is still being worked on, when we have news to share we will.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Something to note now also

Added wing fold function to auto start sequence.

AUTO START on CV will not fold wings down, so dont forget to fold them down and lock them before shooting from the CV :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Could you clarify what was changed in interval mode?

weapon release interval timing was corrected

AUTO START on CV will not fold wings down, so dont forget to fold them down and lock them before shooting from the CV :)

Bravo! A nice quality-of-life improvement! And no more frustration when spawning with newbies nearby!

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

• ED Team
Bravo! A nice quality-of-life improvement! And no more frustration when spawning with newbies nearby!

Agreed, I can drink my tea in peace now while I autostart :) :lol:

• ED Team
still no full MSI for radar?

W.I.P Some issues still need resolving

• ED Team
ED, at least tell us when we can expect TGP, and any other new features?

Sorry, ED can not give estimates currently, as things can and do change.

The team are working hard and when we do have news it will be passed on.

Thanks

I really regret buying the hornet. Never again will I take a EA module, it is not for me.

I have the impression that ED is becoming more of a commercial compagny than a passionate group. Start to develop a plane with a maximum of people to leave only 4 engineers to finish the work .... that's what happens for the F18c, it's what will happen to the viper and future modules.

This comment will surely not please the community manager so they will surely deleted .... but yet I feel that it is the feeling of many people.

Still sad and disapointed....

I really regret buying the hornet. Never again will I take a EA module, it is not for me.

I have the impression that ED is becoming more of a commercial compagny than a passionate group. Start to develop a plane with a maximum of people to leave only 4 engineers to finish the work .... that's what happens for the F18c, it's what will happen to the viper and future modules.

This comment will surely not please the community manager so they will surely deleted .... but yet I feel that it is the feeling of many people.

I have a big suprise for you: ED is a commercial company and has always been one. They have employees that need to be paid and in order to do this the company needs to make money. It's not a non-profit organization.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

I understand, early access is not for everyone.

ED are working very hard on the hornet, it is a complex aircraft and its development is paving the way for future releases. The wait will be worth it.

thanks.

Im sorry for that, but nobody can convince me, that "team is working hard", when its a year and a half since Hornet has been released, and we still don't have even a TGP.... Nobody can convince me, that TGP can't be done for almost two months, since it has been announced that TGP is in internal testing from the end of May. Its frivolous and disrespectful for me as a loyal customer for almost 15 years.

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Im sorry for that, but nobody can convince me, that "team is working hard", when its a year and a half since Hornet has been released, and we still don't have even a TGP.... Nobody can convince me, that TGP can't be done for almost two months, since it has been announced that TGP is in internal testing from the end of May. Its frivolous and disrespectful for me as a loyal customer for almost 15 years.

Maybe you should stop buying EA products then and wait till the product is finished before buying...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Totaly agree with you.

Added wing fold function to auto start sequence.

Just to clarify the language. In the patch notes it sais they ADDED the wing fold to the autostart procedure. You say exactly the opposite, that we now have to do it manually. I'm wondering... icon_question.gif

as someone who never uses this feature rdlaugh.png

ED, at least tell us when we can expect TGP, and any other new features?

As usual, in two weeksicon_redface.gif

Anyone know what "Kneeboard" changes are in the F-18 for this release.

I don't see anything obviously different.

Though I don't fly it that often...

I don't know and haven't tried yet, but the wording sounds to me like the kneeboard is being rendered where it actually is when you'd have your pilot's body displayed.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I agree also, new features for the Hornet do seem to be slowing down lately.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I think this is a thought that is shared by so many people lately.

I agree also, new features for the Hornet do seem to be slowing down lately.

It's not like ED themselves haven't said so numerous times lately. Here for example:

All these tasks are rather involved and not low-hanging fruit that can be coded quickly. Earlier, we focused on tasks with faster turnarounds, but these current tasks are taking longer. Development of the Hornet has certainly NOT slowed down, rather, it’s simply shifted to tasks with longer development periods.

Additionally it's summer break, so many of the devs are on vacation.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have a big suprise for you: ED is a commercial company and has always been one. They have employees that need to be paid and in order to do this the company needs to make money. It's not a non-profit organization.

And i have also a big surprise, that money come from customers, we don't paid for words but for products. everyone is free to give money for nothing but its not my case. I've spent lot of money to ED company since black shark 1 (10 years...).

buying Early access and betas for help to fund projects, hornet was the last for me and i'm not alone, many simmers dont talk here but thinks same.

ED team say they are working hard on Hornet and i see they are working hard only to release Viper's early access. Well it's their choice, the futur will tell whether was a good idea or not.

Edited by Speacy

• ED Team
It's not like ED themselves haven't said so numerous times lately. Here for example:

Additionally it's summer break, so many of the devs are on vacation.

Correct QuiQon, thanks. If anything, there is more work ongoing with the Hornet than ever before.