Allow separate Audio Outputs for Different Sounds

ekg

I don't know if there is a way to currently do this but I think it would be neat to be able to route different sounds to different sound interfaces in DCS. So for example lets say I have two audio outputs: one for headphones and one for speakers. To get a "realistic" atmosphere I could then have ATC / Wingmen on the headphones and all the other sounds go through speakers. It would be pretty neat.

I don't know if there is a way to currently do this but I think it would be neat to be able to route different sounds to different sound interfaces in DCS. So for example lets say I have two audio outputs: one for headphones and one for speakers. To get a "realistic" atmosphere I could then have ATC / Wingmen on the headphones and all the other sounds go through speakers. It would be pretty neat.

This would be neat for cockpit builders too. Then you could have comms in headset, some system sounds from inside the cockpit and environment sounds from outside the cockpit.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

+1

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

I can't even use speakers in my flat but definitely +1, it just makes sense to allow people to use the multiple outputs that all modern motherboards have, in whatever way suits the user.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I also support this suggestion.

I've been dreaming of this feature since Jane's F-15…

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

This would be neat for cockpit builders too. Then you could have comms in headset, some system sounds from inside the cockpit and environment sounds from outside the cockpit.

Good call on the system sounds. A possible set up would be to have three outputs: One for enviroment (wind noise , engine) which would go to speakers with a woofer, then another one for warnings & betty for smaller speakers, and finally a third output for headphones for ATC / wingmen. I think that would be a pretty epic setup :D