Patch 22-03-2019

WolfK33

Is the new lock tone for the sidewinders a permanent thing? It is horrendous! Gives me a serious headache after a few seconds. Please HB, modify this.

And no double D on the HUD any more?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Is the new lock tone for the sidewinders a permanent thing? It is horrendous! Gives me a serious headache after a few seconds. Please HB, modify this.

They changed the tone based on SME feedback, not on how pleasant it sounds. Do you want it to sound realistic or nice?

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

They changed the tone based on SME feedback, not on how pleasant it sounds. Do you want it to sound realistic or nice?

Thanks for that useful contribution. On what basis do we know that the new sound is realistic, and the old sound was not? Doesn't sound like any other sidewinder lock tone I've heard in sims. They tend to be pretty similar, and certainly not an ear-piercing shriek like this new one from HB.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

A clue....

Thanks. If only it sounded like that in DCS for me, it would be fine.

It might be my sound balance that's at fault, as whenever the new lock tone kicks in, everything else is drowned out, and in VR it really is unbearable.

In the sidewinder training mission, for example, the instructor cannot be heard over the howl of the lock tone!

Thanks for that useful contribution. On what basis do we know that the new sound is realistic, and the old sound was not? Doesn't sound like any other sidewinder lock tone I've heard in sims. They tend to be pretty similar, and certainly not an ear-piercing shriek like this new one from HB.

I imagine its accurate but it also gives me an instant headache. I had to turn the volume knob down in pit till I could barely hear it and it still was making my ears hurt enough I kept selecting something else till I needed the sidewinder.

I also agree it feels a bit different to fly almost like SAS or AP is on buffering your inputs somewhat. Could be a placebo though.

Edited by HawkDCS

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

It doesn’t feel any different to me in terms of flying, except that I crashed a few times and had to lower the overclocking speed of my RTX card to compensate.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Thanks. If only it sounded like that in DCS for me, it would be fine.

It might be my sound balance that's at fault, as whenever the new lock tone kicks in, everything else is drowned out, and in VR it really is unbearable.

In the sidewinder training mission, for example, the instructor cannot be heard over the howl of the lock tone!

Fairly sure there is a Sidewinder volume dial somewhere in the cockpit, might help with your volume issues?

Edit: OK, having tried the Sidewinder I see what you mean for the tracking tone, its a bit odd.

Edited by Sideburns

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

CTD appears to be multiplayer only for me, in single player have yet to see a CTD with F14.

Edit: Also overclocked on processor (3.7->4.0ghz) and factory overclocked 2070

Edit2: Seems to be less populated multiplayer are fine, busy servers can result in CTD.

Edit3: Going to guess this is a DCS core memory leak issue, more noticeable on the F14 due to its higher memory use.

Edited by Sideburns

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Fairly sure there is a Sidewinder volume dial somewhere in the cockpit, might help with your volume issues?

Edit: OK, having tried the Sidewinder I see what you mean for the tracking tone, its a bit odd.

Nice to see HB listened to our pleas in the new patch!

Does anyone know if the patch was pushed to Steam? I havcen't noticed anything with the Sidewinder. The only thing I noticed was that suddenly the FM got bad. Before I was pulling hard G turns no problem and now I feel like I'm flying the F-14A...I have to baby it around the turn or else it's stall and flat spin city.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot