[KNOWN ISSUE WIP] "Air to Air - Fox-2, Sidewinders" training mission

Redglyph

DCS 2.5.4.28615

Same issues as in the guns mission:

1) An enemy aircraft is spawned in the front of the user's, but the active pause is on, and while the user's F14 remains at the same place, the enemy aircraft flies out of range.

As a result, a lot of time is required to catch up, if it can be found at all, which is not the purpose of the mission.

2) The dialogue is mixed with Jester's voice when he's spotting the enemy plane, which makes both dialogues incomprehensible.

=> the enemy plane should only be spawned in front, once the user press SPACE and the active pause is removed.

3) The dialogue starts late because of the initialization and is cut. This only (mainly?) happens the first time the mission is run.

=> wait a while before starting the dialogue.

Temporary work-around for 3), load the mission, abort, load it again.

Edited by IronMike

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

DCS 2.5.4.28615

Same issues as in the guns mission:

1) An enemy aircraft is spawned in the front of the user's, but the active pause is on, and while the user's F14 remains at the same place, the enemy aircraft flies out of range.

As a result, a lot of time is required to catch up, if it can be found at all, which is not the purpose of the mission.

2) The dialogue is mixed with Jester's voice when he's spotting the enemy plane, which makes both dialogues incomprehensible.

=> the enemy plane should only be spawned in front, once the user press SPACE and the active pause is removed.

3) The dialogue starts late because of the initialization and is cut. This only (mainly?) happens the first time the mission is run.

=> wait a while before starting the dialogue.

Temporary work-around for 3), load the mission, abort, load it again.

Same here, I mean, worst because the SU-25 does NOT show up,I had to edit the mission to fly it.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Strange that it wouldn't spawn at all, you don't even see a speck in front of you at the very beginning?

To solve 1 & 2, I just set it (target1) to late activation, and added an activate action in the unpause trigger.

I haven't tried to delay the dialogue, so the first two dialogues are still missing (the first time I run the mission).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Guys, it is there. Just difficult to see.

What I find odd is that labels are switched off in these F-14 training missions. It’s training! Every other module has them on. They should be there, and if you don’t want them, switch them off.

You can load the missions into ME, switch on labels and then resave.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Spend most of the training mission trying to find the targets!!! labels need to be on. Jester assistance is very hit and miss. Visibility of Targets is ridiculous.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Guys, load the mission in ME, switch on labels. Do you still not see it right at the start?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yes confirm at beginner (I'm a noob pilot) I was no able to see anything, now when I run the mission swich on immediately with my friend Jester radar and TWS and I can shot down the Su-25 over airbase and go to search F-5 and so on...

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

The Su-25 is not easy to spot for a training mission purpose I agree.

I had to find him through the scenario Map (F10 key).

Because the labels were off in the training mission, and Jester was taking ages to lock him up, I really had a difficult time to visually spot him.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Simply edit the mission as I did above and it's much better. After this Su-25, you can optionally chase the other bandits :)

I can't upload the file for copyright reasons, we just have to wait until Heatblur reads this and updates the missions.

UPDATE

With DCS 2.5.4.28841, the missing audio issue wasn't experienced anymore (was it linked to "Significantly reduced Disk IO & CPU usage at mission start."?).

This still leaves the bandit appearing too early, loosing sight of it can be worked around by asking Jester to lock it (but he'll speak at the same time as the narrated voice of the mission).

It seems the lock break frequently and that the user has to ask Jester to lock a bandit again and again though, not sure this is intended?