[DCS BUG] F-14 killed my DCS?

G.J.S

After downloading the F-14, DCS “tries” to run in a window instead of full screen as it did before, but never actually completely loads. I’ve just spent the last two hours staring at a black windowed screen. I’ve never run Dcs windowed before, so I’ve no idea why it’s trying to now. Up until downloading the F-14, there has been no issues for me. I have no idea why it is FUBAR now. So for the time being, my enjoyment of the F-14 is limited to videos that other users put up. Damn . . . .

Edited by IronMike

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

After downloading the F-14, DCS “tries” to run in a window instead of full screen as it did before, but never actually completely loads. I’ve just spent the last two hours staring at a black windowed screen. I’ve never run Dcs windowed before, so I’ve no idea why it’s trying to now. Up until downloading the F-14, there has been no issues for me. I have no idea why it is FUBAR now. So for the time being, my enjoyment of the F-14 is limited to videos that other users put up. Damn . . . .

I am sorry, I don’t know what you should do to fix it. This will bump it back up.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Go to your saved games folder and change the name of the DCS folder to something else.

Try and run the game again and see what happens.

If it loads, then there's something in your personal setup of the game gone wrong.

DCS will have created a new "DCS" folder in your saved games.

You can then copy files from the "changed name" folder

into the new "DCS" folder.

Primarily you'll want

saved games/DCS/config/input, folder for your keybinds

If it doesn't load then something has gone wrong with the game files. Get the DCS updater tool

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=206187&stc=1&d=1552496848

and run a repair

Edited by jonsky7

Jonsky7, done all you mentioned bud. No joy.

Right now it’s nearly midnight, and for the last 3 1/2 hours after double clicking the dcs ob icon to run the sim, it goes through authorisation - aaaaaannnnd black screen. I’ve got about half a bottle of JD left, I’m pretty sure I’ll still have a black screen when I finish it! Itching to fly the 14, but since downloading it, I can’t do ANYTHING AT ALL with DCS.

Edited by garyscott

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

There . . . JD gone . . . Nearly six hours later, and DCS has NOT gone past black screen. I would attach a crash log, but since DCS hasn’t actually loaded, I can’t, as “technically “ it hasn’t crashed!

I will state, this has only happened since adding the F-14 module. And I can’t “switch off” the module, since I can’t get past this *@#¥$ing black screen! After the last update, DCs ran no problem. Since adding the F-14 module - black screen, and unable to use DCS since it just wont load.

At all.

Black screen.

(Only way out is via Task Manager to kill it)

In windowed mode.

Need new bottle of Jack . . . .

Can’t wait to one day fly the F-14 . . . .

And I do have enough RAM. 32GB here.

Edited by garyscott

There . . . JD gone . . . Nearly six hours later, and DCS has NOT gone past black screen. I would attach a crash log, but since DCS hasn’t actually loaded, I can’t, as “technically “ it hasn’t crashed!

I will state, this has only happened since adding the F-14 module. And I can’t “switch off” the module, since I can’t get past this *@#¥$ing black screen! After the last update, DCs ran no problem. Since adding the F-14 module - black screen, and unable to use DCS since it just wont load.

At all.

Black screen.

(Only way out is via Task Manager to kill it)

In windowed mode.

Need new bottle of Jack . . . .

Can’t wait to one day fly the F-14 . . . .

And I do have enough RAM. 32GB here.

Can you list your full hardware? Thank you!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I've noticed DCS will always black-screen after a load since the last update. Although the black screen only stays for about 4-8 seconds before DCS continues to load up normally. I've heard multiple reports of this happening to other users since the update.

Gimbal - last night was a record, near 6 hours on black screen!!!. Had to give up.

Cobra - I’m miles from my PC at the moment, but will add my specs later tonight.

Gary

For Cobra-

AMD FX 4300 quad core, 3800mhz.

RAM 32GB. Available virtual memory 29.7GB. Page file space 4.75GB.

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.

Hope this is what you require?

Jonsky7, done all you mentioned bud. No joy.

Right now it’s nearly midnight, and for the last 3 1/2 hours after double clicking the dcs ob icon to run the sim, it goes through authorisation - aaaaaannnnd black screen. I’ve got about half a bottle of JD left, I’m pretty sure I’ll still have a black screen when I finish it! Itching to fly the 14, but since downloading it, I can’t do ANYTHING AT ALL with DCS.

Get the “DCS Updater Utility” bud. You can remove and install modules with it, do repairs and updates, among other things.

I only play in the single player. I also got 2x a black screen today. It did not work anymore, had to restart my PC. Another mistake that I have had since yesterday and today was a bug with MS Visual C ++ Runtime (see attached screenshot). So far I have tested the Caucasus Map as well as the Persian Gulf Map. Here I create myself in the editor a small own mission. I have already done the cleanup and repair function today. But did not bring anything. In the dcs.log I find many ERROR entries.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I can get DCS to start fine, after about 3-5 minutes in the cockpit DCS Wil crash, sometimes completely freezing my pc, occasionally get a BSOD with system service exemption code. 2 year old pc build 6600k 32G ram SSD 1070 ext... Never had an issue until F14 update.