DCS: F-14 Early Access Feature List

Cobra847

Link-4C (Tomcat datalink) is presumably working, but is there much info on the future state for Link-4A?

I believe the Hornet lists Link-4 on it's MIDS page, so I'm unsure if F-14 and F/A-18 should be able to talk to each other via an E-2 in the future?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+100% on this.

An empty cockpit in VR just totally kills immersion for me too. Personally I'm really looking forward to the virtual pilot/RIO release. I hope it's near the top of their post launch priority list.

yup +100 % from my side, too

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

+100% on this.

An empty cockpit in VR just totally kills immersion for me too. Personally I'm really looking forward to the virtual pilot/RIO release. I hope it's near the top of their post launch priority list.

Suppose I don't actually look down that much when I'm playing and when I do I'm usually not holding the joystick - so find it breaks immersion more for me.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Working and implemented since years.

Don't worry Cobra, come the 13th we will try our very best to break it for ya :D

It's going to take some balls to sit in the RIO's seat in someone's aircraft when they are shooting their first carrier landing in the Cat. :joystick:

Roll on the 13th...

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Though hopefully the F-14A is going to get some love considering that’s it is not the priority. I personally bought the Tomcat for the -A, so hopefully it isn’t going to be a forgone in the developed of future modules.

Ditto! :thumbup:

We're about to be neck deep in the TF-30!

Understood. And also quite understandable as to why the Forrestal will have a priority (much greater impact on the community and far larger number of users will benefit from it). But if you people need any extra man/brain power to crunch the pesky TF30's, don't hesitate to drop me a line. I'll be glad to help in any way possible :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Quick question:

Will we have raindrop animation on the canopy on day 1?

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

Dont know whether this was asked already, but will it be possible to adress each individual command represented in the Jester UI to a specific Keyboard command? Thus we would be able to assign those to Voice Attack and would be able to directly talk to Jester, especially interesting for VR.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Campaigns: As noted in our purchase pages, the two free campaigns will be available post launch.

Will the campaigns have lots of dialogues and fully voiced like the F-15c's The Georgian War Campaign?

Hey Cobra, is the Forrestal and its Deck Crew int to ED´s Deck Crew? so we need to wait for them, for you to release the Forrestal?

(if I am being politily incorrect feel free to ignore me ;) )

Can´t wait, just can´t wait! LOL

7 more freaking days! can´t stand it LOL

Whats the status of the Dynamic Cockpit? I was never really sure what this is anyway. :)

I believe it's their term for different airframes having different cockpits. Things like scratches/wear, paint, seat cushion, panel location, etc. will be slightly different between them.

I know it doesn't affect functionality at all but I'm really looking forward to it, I love little attention to detail stuff like this!

I believe it's their term for different airframes having different cockpits. Things like scratches/wear, paint, seat cushion, panel location, etc. will be slightly different between them.

I know it doesn't affect functionality at all but I'm really looking forward to it, I love little attention to detail stuff like this!

I'd also love to know where we stand on this! I want my different seat cushions god damn it.

Now that you are on time, any chance to develop some extended Forrestal stations like Ready Room, Pri Fly and Command Bridge ? apart of the Hangar bays of course.

What are the actual initial functionalities? That carrier thread has 12 pages of not much info.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Thanks, Cobra! We're all really looking forward to next week.

A quick question about symbology: the F-14B NATOPS mentions a steering tee that should display on the HUD and VDI, along with an ASE circle that should appear on the VDI once you have a lock.

I haven't seen these in any of the preview videos. Am I missing something? Are they not modeled yet? My first guess was that the NATOPS is for a newer avionics suite than the one Heatblur is modeling, but one of the pilots

in the 1989 Gulf of Sidra shootdown.

EDIT: Jabbers just replied with

yVW45yP.png

They're in and working!

I was wondering the same... aj-hm.png

I don't see it on the HUD though, and I've never seen it there in any footage of the module as of yet. But I know I'm blind (that's why I need Jester to call out the bandits for me).

In another sim that probably shall not be named as per forum rules, that also doesn't allow screenshots to be made (they end up all black), the A model has the inverted T in the HUD though.

Exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks Cobra you legend! Bring on the mighty TF-30!

Who else thinks the A looks better just because of those engine nozzles? twilightsmile.png

And it'll separate the men from the boys dealwithit.png

Thanks for this post. Much appreciated. No mention of FFB implementation or support, which is making me kind of sad sad.gif

Same here... fluttershysad.png

I'd at least like to have a basic implementation as seen in the Viggen rather soon™er than later fsgrin.png

By the way this will be the first time I probably wish for another stick as I still haven't figured out where to put my DLC mapping to... but without Teh Force, anystick is a nogo, no matter how great it is trixie.png

Also, looking down while in VR and not seeing arms and legs is weird and breaks immersion.

I have that feeling IRL, don't need VR with the lack of a modelled body to get there... this totally moves you out of the three dimensions twi-norly.png

Trying to master AAR without peripheral vision is the smallest problem, but sometimes I'd literally like to buck anyone who still thinks it's way too easy in DCS just for their thoughtless comments cl-aj-annoy.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I was wondering the same...

I don't see it on the HUD though, and I've never seen it there in any footage of the module as of yet. But I know I'm blind (that's why I need Jester to call out the bandits for me).

In another sim that probably shall not be named as per forum rules, that also doesn't allow screenshots to be made (they end up all black), the A model has the inverted T in the HUD though.

It is in, though with the AIM-9 it isn't displayed on the HUD. With AIM-7 and AIM-54 it's both on the HUD and VDI though.

Cobra + other Heatblur blokes, well done! If that list you have provided is things "missing" from EA release than you have clearly poured a tonne of effort and work into the myriad of other features. Like your prior works, Mig-21 as Leatherneck and of course the amazing Viggen, this module looks set to be the new leader in flight sim fidelity.

It looks amazing, I know you guys are proud of your work, we fans are proud of you guys too! It's been a monumental task you have set yourself and everything simply looks grand.

There are going to be a lot of happy fans on March 13th! Probably a bit of whinging too but whatever lol

Dont know whether this was asked already, but will it be possible to adress each individual command represented in the Jester UI to a specific Keyboard command? Thus we would be able to assign those to Voice Attack and would be able to directly talk to Jester, especially interesting for VR.

quoting myself in the hope to be answered :music_whistling:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective