VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

"You must run Windows 10 and if on Win7 make sure to have .NET 4.5.2 properly installed"

Hollywood, does it have to be .NET 4.5.2? My system keeps doing updates to latest version. I hate to run versions with vulnerabilities.

Win 10 · i9900K@stock · 4070Ti· ASUS Z390-A · SSD · 64Gb · TM Warthog · CV1 · Quest 2

Have you imported the "VIACOM PRO for DCS World" profile, yet?

Yes I had thank you for responding.

My issue it seems was not replacing the old key word list with the new list in the AI Communications within the VA profile itself.

New stupid question: can the AOCS auto brief default tts be changed to another API, maybe Ivona or something less robotic than windows10 tts?

cheers.

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 4.8 GHz |32 GB RAM 3000 MHz C15 | 1080ti | H150i | Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB m2.NVMe | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1 TB

Rift CV1| Rift S| TM Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind pedals | NLR v3 motion platform

Vaicom Pro https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

SimShaker for Aviators https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028&highlight=Simshaker

Point CTRL https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Is it possible to set the RIO inactive like you can with the wheel? This is really useful for example when doing a lantirn attack.

Regards, Marcel

I might have found it, could it be "Wake up"? Is that a toggle? At least it seems to work.

Two more questions, how do a change a steerpoint? (for example create one from coordinates or from a steerpoint label I set in the F10 map)

Regarding the chaff prorgrams, where you can select a number, where are these programs defined?

Thanks!

Marcel

Anybody else having VA with Viacom shutdown periodically mid flight? I'll be at the tanker, get the 'pre contact' wave in, and when I trigger and say 'ready precontact' about 1/4 of the time VA shuts down.

I have the latest version, running as admin, and no issues being reported in the logs. I've done a few searches but haven't found the right search terms yet to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

I *suspect* what I am saying is being taken as VA shutdown or something.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} Not Working

Running Vaicom Pro 2.5.10.

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} is no longer working. Logs "----" instead of aircraft module such as UH-1H.

I use this to tailor keys to aircrafts types. Worked great in the past.

Anyone have a solution or this same problem?

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.

Hi!

First the program is great! but several issue I find:

1. Could you please make a new forum to reorganize all a bit? Sure there are same questions in the same post. It is caotic right now for searching and replying. Thanks!

[...]

Thanks!

:music_whistling:

@Gunfighter6 You should be ok with higher versions just make sure .NET 4.5.2 libs are included

@Onslawt It's just the default (female) voice for Crystal Palace at this time

@huppel It's not the official function but should work ok to toggle suspend

@steve That sounds like a question for SRS team perhaps

@jozeff VAICOM PRO plugin uses a single unified profile for all DCS aircraft (including the UH-1H)

@grammaton_feather Apply the same email address used for purchase and confirm there are no typos

@CrossWiseRanger Works fine here during testing but maybe others have similar findings. Perhaps dcs.log tells you something

@Cornelius The amount of attention for this product has exceeded all expectations tbh and admittedly this thread has become pretty hefty.

The idea of a sub-forum is interesting but I cannot initiate this myself, would require consent and action from the forum admins.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

OK, will do Hollywood

Cheers

Update: When I use my 0 key command for chatter, I noticed that the srs notification was removed and vice versa. So looks like srs has a keystroke linked to the key command I have selected in viacompro.

Edited by tmansteve

So I purchased AIRIO yesterday and have it working for the most part, but I can't figure out how to get the RIO to select different radio channels?

I downloaded the kneeboards and it says, Select ATC/TAC/etc. **(use Select command) X Standard plugin func.

What does that mean?

Edited by Kazius

I initially found this confusing as well.

I found if you say “Select” first then wait for the recognition beep, then say “Stennis’ or “ Texaco” or “ Overlord” etc, Jester will tune the radio to the respective stations.

I also think you can probably say the full sentence i.e. “Select Stennis”.

Hi Hollywood,

Fantastic stuff! VAICOM really improves my immersion when flying, and generally works impressively well.

I've been playing with AIRIO since you released it, and it's good enough that going back to playing without it is kind of a non-option, but I do have one major reservation right now (that I have seen other people bring up) which is regarding control over the RIO's UHF/VHF radio. Particularly when using SRS it is important to be able to tune this to a specified frequency, which there is currently no way of doing without the Jester menu.

Can you look at addressing this?

AIRIO is not working for me any more after the DCS update today. Anyone experienced the same?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

@Hollywood

not sure if this has been discussed, but recently Viacom will lockup during missions, of any variety. Once it does, even menus are no longer functional. They do display, but requesting actions gives nothing but silence. It is like the entire engine associated to comms, after Viacom crashes, locks up the menus and other associated DCS voice/command items.

Recently started after last couple updates, up until then, ran flawlessly. Pro user, and latest version.

P.S. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Hollywood (I don't think @ sign works here, but is a habit for me too!)

Ignore my problem or have mod remove this post.

I was one update shy, for some reason I didn't get it automagically, and I downloaded the update, installed.

To date, no more issues.

Sorry to bother.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for any ideas or input.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Hi Hollywood,

I’m having trouble getting voice comms and chatter loud enough to hear over background DCS in my headphones. I have all DCS sliders at 50%, increased the two separate volume knobs (main Viacom config page and the comms on the audio page). I’m also dedicating communications to my headphones. Still struggling though.

I’ve checked the listening as if through headphones in DCS

I’ve tried lowering some DCS volumes settings with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps I’m lowering the wrong sliders?

Thanks, Jason

PS- loving the software in VR

Edited by jasonstory44

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

I found if you say “Select” first then wait for the recognition beep, then say “Stennis’ or “ Texaco” or “ Overlord” etc, Jester will tune the radio to the respective stations.

Oh I see, thanks Boomer. What I was speaking into the mic was, "Select ATC Stennis, or Select TAC Magic". I didn't know I had to leave out the ATC or TAC. Good to know.

Hey Guys,

Am I missing something, or do tanker commands always go to Texaco? We've stuck a couple of tankers in our mission, Shell (KC-135) and Texaco (S-3), but whenever we use VAICOM for tanker commands, they always go to Texaco, regardless if we prefix with "Texaco" or "Shell"

Edit: Perfect timing it seems, there was an update to VAICOM over the past couple of days that seems to have resolved it!

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh I see, thanks Boomer. What I was speaking into the mic was, "Select ATC Stennis, or Select TAC Magic". I didn't know I had to leave out the ATC or TAC. Good to know.

ok, so I tried saying, "Select Stennis" and nothing, I tried saying, "Select Magic" and nothing (yes my AWACs is Magic).

Also, I did have Voice Attack / VAICOM crashed multiple times today when I was trying to PTT commands.

Also after restarting Voice Attack after crashes it became stable but glitchy with the jester wheel briefly popping up for a split second as well as menu's popping up for split seconds. So there could be something the DCS patch broke in VAICOM

@Jason44 All sliders at 50% is indeed the recommend setting. Depending whether you are using the audio Redirect function you may need to inspect the Windows audio mixer and / or your audio driver setting to change the overall audio balance.

In VR there's also the HMD audio settings to consider, such as desktop audio mirroring. DCS options includes a setting to use VR device audio, you may want to check that one also.

@Highwayman-Ed The system can deal with multiple tankers at the same time. Make sure to leave the short pause

between the recipient name and command e.g. "Shell,... Select", and confirm that appropriate settings are enabled i.e. Instant Select (for easy comms on) and/or Select Tunes Radio (easy comms off).

@Kazius See above (and manual page 15). You may want to run a DCS repair for those glitches.

There have been some code changes by HB in latest DCS ob build, there will be a patch update for that.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Jason44 All sliders at 50% is indeed the recommend setting. Depending whether you are using the audio Redirect function you may need to inspect the Windows audio mixer and / or your audio driver setting to change the overall audio balance.

In VR there's also the HMD audio settings to consider, such as desktop audio mirroring. DCS options includes a setting to use VR device audio, you may want to check that one also.

@Highwayman-Ed The system can deal with multiple tankers at the same time. Make sure to leave the short pause

between the recipient name and command e.g. "Shell,... Select", and confirm that appropriate settings are enabled i.e. Instant Select (for easy comms on) and/or Select Tunes Radio (easy comms off).

@Kazius See above (and manual page 15). You may want to run a DCS repair for those glitches.

There have been some code changes by HB in latest DCS ob build, there will be a patch update for that.

Are also new rio commands for radar rws going to be implemented in new patch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Using the Editor

I have vaicom pro and SRS working fine. I speak the Queens' English, but have issues with vaicom recognising some of the airport names. I have tried speech recognition without success.

So with, say, Vaziani, I would like to add extra commands such as "Vaz", "Vazi", or "Vase", so when I say "Vaze", it recognises Vaziani.

My question is, How do I add extra commands (Vaz, Vazi, Vase) to a keyword (Vaziani)?

I know how to click finish and copy/paste to update the VA profile.

Thanks in anticipation.