VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I have the latest version of Pro installed. When I transmit Voiceattack recognizes what is said but does not execute the communication in DCS. I added a command to see the F10 map and it recognizes that and the map appears. Why is it not executing what I am saying? I’ve tried everything. Incidentally, I have the option checked to give me the tones when it I say the initial word line “Batumi” but there are no tones. Thanks in advance for any help!

Jon

Have you trained Microsoft Speech?¨

What does the Voice Attack log say?

Where have you added that command? In VIACOM PRO profile, or another VA profile?

I do not touch the VIACOM profile apart from the menu keywords, which I change extensively!

Other pure game commands, like the map, I add in seperate VA profiles, and then piggyback them into the VIACOM profile.

And the manual is VERY good. Done EXACTLY the steps there?

thanks a lot MAXsenna.

about "disable player voice" i meant to ask if my "player voice" would also be disabled for other clients, because the other clients will hear my real voice over teamspeak or SRA or DCS VOIP and they should not hear the generic "player voice" in-game (their game might not "know" that my "player voice" is disabled, since it is a local setting on my client?). So, if i disable it, will my "player voice" also be disabled for other clients ingame or just locally for myself? I hope you understand! :smilewink:

(i could imagine, that "player voice" is disabled for me, but other clients still hear my "player voice"...?)

Edited by twistking

thanks a lot MAXsenna.

about "disable player voice" i meant to ask if my "player voice" would also be disabled for other clients, because the other clients will hear my real voice over teamspeak or SRA or DCS VOIP and they should not hear the generic "player voice" in-game (their game might not "know" that my "player voice" is disabled, since it is a local setting on my client?). So, if i disable it, will my "player voice" also be disabled for other clients ingame or just locally for myself? I hope you understand! :smilewink:

(i could imagine, that "player voice" is disabled for me, but other clients still hear my "player voice"...?)

Ah. Well, I guess it's just locally. They don't hear the game voice now, do they?

It will NOT disable your voice, as it doesn't interfere with the microphone or anything. :thumbup:

Like, when you press a command in the comms, menu, the pilot will say it out loud, that's what's disabled. And you can disable the text as well, and the comms menu.

It's just for the immersion, just like disabling the text.

I find turning off the speech makes the game better, as with the comms menu.

And if there's an issue, I just have the Voice Attack log open, so I can see if there's a problem.

And the Comms Menu can easily be turned on and off while you play.

Text I keep enabled for now as my hearing is getting bad.

You're gonna love it! :D

Voice Attack as well. I use VA to control everything now.

I make other profiles for modules and other cockpit controls that I piggy back into VAICOM, so I keep my VAICOM profile clean.

I also control Windows, VLS, Musicbee, Spotify etc. with global VA profiles. :smilewink:

Have you trained Microsoft Speech?¨

What does the Voice Attack log say?

Where have you added that command? In VIACOM PRO profile, or another VA profile?

I do not touch the VIACOM profile apart from the menu keywords, which I change extensively!

Other pure game commands, like the map, I add in seperate VA profiles, and then piggyback them into the VIACOM profile.

And the manual is VERY good. Done EXACTLY the steps there?

The voice attack log says exactly what I said

I’ve trained Microsoft voice a couple times also

I also removed the added commands to no effect

Ah. Well, I guess it's just locally. They don't hear the game voice now, do they?

It will NOT disable your voice, as it doesn't interfere with the microphone or anything. :thumbup:

Like, when you press a command in the comms, menu, the pilot will say it out loud, that's what's disabled. And you can disable the text as well, and the comms menu.

It's just for the immersion, just like disabling the text.

I find turning off the speech makes the game better, as with the comms menu.

And if there's an issue, I just have the Voice Attack log open, so I can see if there's a problem.

And the Comms Menu can easily be turned on and off while you play.

Text I keep enabled for now as my hearing is getting bad.

You're gonna love it! :D

Voice Attack as well. I use VA to control everything now.

I make other profiles for modules and other cockpit controls that I piggy back into VAICOM, so I keep my VAICOM profile clean.

I also control Windows, VLS, Musicbee, Spotify etc. with global VA profiles. :smilewink:

thanks for the reply.

however i mean something else. let's pretend i neither use vaicom nor any VOIP solution (teamspeak, srs, dcs): when in multiplayer and using the comm menu to -for example- request to taxi, wouldn't the other clients still hear my "player voice" read the taxi request when they are on the same channel? to be honest, i'm not sure anymore - maybe they don't?! i never payed attention...

thanks for the reply.

however i mean something else. let's pretend i neither use vaicom nor any VOIP solution (teamspeak, srs, dcs): when in multiplayer and using the comm menu to -for example- request to taxi, wouldn't the other clients still hear my "player voice" read the taxi request when they are on the same channel? to be honest, i'm not sure anymore - maybe they don't?! i never payed attention...

Sorry if I was unclear.

Like I said, not tested MP yet, but I would find it extremely annoying if it happened that way.

But if it does, I can "almost", promise you that Hollywood will find a solution, and make it togglable.

So, plain answer. I don't know. You should test it! ;-)

Sorry if I was unclear.

Like I said, not tested MP yet, but I would find it extremely annoying if it happened that way.

But if it does, I can "almost", promise you that Hollywood will find a solution, and make it togglable.

So, plain answer. I don't know. You should test it! ;-)

fair enough. thanks for all your input so far!

I’m new to using Viacom so excuse the noob question. This last DCS update broke my voice attack setup, not sure if it’s the audio routing they added or what. Question is do I need to do anything within voice attack/Viacom when we get these large DCS updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi.

Since last DCS update the command "Approaching for refuel" is no longer working.

The VA log shows "intent to refuel", so it's recognizing the command, but DCS does not respond. Contacting the tanker via "Take 6, Take 1" (menu comms) does work.

All the other commands are working properly, it's just that for the refueling.

Thanks.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Hi.

Since last DCS update the command "Approaching for refuel" is no longer working.

The VA log shows "intent to refuel", so it's recognizing the command, but DCS does not respond. Contacting the tanker via "Take 6, Take 1" (menu comms) does work.

All the other commands are working properly, it's just that for the refueling.

Thanks.

Worked for me yesterday. Hmmm

Had to switch to correct channel first though.

But I've had a lot of issues witch. ATC lately. VA log shows command is interpret, but no response in DCS.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Ver. 2.5.13.0

there is always the problem that with two refuel the communications are send to the wrong airplane

last test

F-16-C - Frequency UHF set on AAR ARCO (refuel with boomer)

AAR SHELL on different frequency at different altitude

I need to refuel from ARCO

Request recognized by VAICO in log:

12:34:11 - TX2 | UHF: [ Arco ],[ ],[ ] Intent to Refuel [ ] [ ]

12:34:11 - PLAYER: Shell, Colt 1-1, request rejoin

Of course without any answer from ARCO

Then i request it by DCS menu (SHELL was the first in the list and ARCO the second one) and ARCO answered to my request... When I was in pre-contact i used the VAICOM to request pre-contact ARCO answered fine ....

I always use "Arco Select", "Shell Select", as appropriate, and then don't bother with the name before any subsequent commands to that tanker. I've done it on a mission with 3 tankers and topped up at all of them and this method worked for me.

+1

It always work when I remember to do it this way.

Sometimes, not always, I have issues with ATC and closer airport, even with tuned radio, but using the selcet command, it works, always.

Anybody try VA 1.8 already with VAICOM PRO ???

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Well, I found the Steam update here:

http://www.voiceattack.com/filesend.aspx?id=voiceattacksteam_180.zip

And manually updated my install, even though Steam says that VA 1.8 was released yesterday, and 1.8.1 today, my install still linger at 1.8 but works perfectly

A little heads up from the Discord though. I didn't get this issue.

Gary Today at 10:27 PM

It looks like a handful of users are not able to use VA due to no speech engines found. What I've found is that the code used to query this info is untouched, however, it's not displaying the underlying error message that is resulting (in an unmitigated try/catch <--- bad programmer - extremely old code, still - bad programmer). I'm thinking that if there are problems with an updated .net framework (it's a single-line call to get a count from .net), this will cause a problem. What I'm going to do is I'm going to dial back the required .net framework to (I think v4.5.2 - which is the minimum for VA itself) as well as expose the underlying error messages that are generated and currently not being displayed to the user. Hoping this will shed some better light on what might be going on. Again - this is just a handful of users - however, I'm sure there are more out there that may run into this same issue if they move to v1.8 of VA.

Sort of. I have Steam version, and it's not updated yet, but I run the v1.7.9.56 which I guess is sort of the same.

No problems at all for me at least.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yes I tried it and got an error message indicating it couldn't find a speech recognition program on my system. I re-installed the previous version (1.7.9.56) and everything worked fine.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Updated VA and now my VAICOM configuration window will not open.

Edit: To clarify, it tries to open, but stays as a minimized window, and if you hover over it to preview the screen, it is blank.

Edited by lbellouny
Additional Information

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

Updated VA and now my VAICOM configuration window will not open.

Edit: To clarify, it tries to open, but stays as a minimized window, and if you hover over it to preview the screen, it is blank.

Is it like it's "outside" of the Desktop?

If YES, try this:

Select the the VAICOM panel on the taskbar, even though you don't see it. Press Alt + Space and you should get a little menu up.

Choose move, and use your arrow keys to move it a little, then it will get stuck to the mouse cursor, and you can drag it into view.

If NO, I don't know. :(