PAK-FA Project

Hello Cubanace,

been following your YouTube videos with great interest, fantastic progress in such a short space of time, well done you ))))

Oh theres more i already got my basic license for the pak fa that i bough,we can finally all fly it when i finish it for free, i uploaded new videos about the canopy animation go check it out, the model needs alot of work due to it having alot of V-RAY Materials and i have to clean those due to EDM tools exporter,anyway thank you and happy flying.

Do any of you know the Draw argument codes for the cockpit or can i make those my self? i got the external model arguments working,figured that out already,but the cockpit is another ball in the park,im guessing i just add a number that is not already in dcs? my guess dont really know.

Edited by cubanace

Do any of you know the Draw argument codes for the cockpit or can i make those my self? i got the external model arguments working,figured that out already,but the cockpit is another ball in the park,im guessing i just add a number that is not already in dcs? my guess dont really know.

If you plan to make your own systems, then arg# doesnt matter, you can assign any and handle it in code. Same for external args, as example my TVC nozzles uses 600+ number, which is absent in default modules.

drawargs[602].f = (float) Engine::Nozle_V_R_angle;//ОВТ правое сопло вертикально

drawargs[601].f = (float)Engine::Nozle_H_R_angle ;//ОВТ правое горизонт

drawargs[605].f = (float) Engine::Nozle_V_L_angle;//ОВТ левое сопло вертикально

drawargs[604].f = (float)Engine::Nozle_H_L_angle;//ОВТ сопло левое горизонт

Another advice. Try to mix 3d modeling and system coding learning. 2nd part huge and very difficult and time consuming.

If you plan to make your own systems, then arg# doesnt matter, you can assign any and handle it in code. Same for external args, as example my TVC nozzles uses 600+ number, which is absent in default modules.

drawargs[602].f = (float) Engine::Nozle_V_R_angle;//ОВТ правое сопло вертикально

Another advice. Try to mix 3d modeling and system coding learning. 2nd part huge and very difficult and time consuming.

Mostly true, however, we originally had issues with some arguments around/above 1200. Without documentation, we're not sure whether this is an engine limitation or a conflict with something hardcoded in the SFM/SSM DLLs.

To remedy this, we started re-packing our arguments into lower indices, and have had no issues since.

--gos

External draw arguments have "official" meaning if you're using SFM (and EFM?), there's a word document floating around that lists each of them. There's about ~300 that have defined meanings, and some number of them are automatically transmitted by the network code in addition to the ones you program in your lua. Additional arguments you can use if you want, so long as they don't conflict. By sticking to the standard, your airplane will actuate the proper surfaces when flown by the AI, etc.

When you're controlling your own airplane, however, you'll need to program how all the external animations are drawn via set_external_draw_argument() or something like that.

Internal/cockpit draw arguments use their own namespace. I recommend keeping them below 1000. I don't believe any have pre-defined meanings.

Note that there's no get_cockpit_draw_argument for internal animations. Anything that you want to read the state of must be connected to a device controller. You can, however, directly read and set external draw arguments from within your cockpit lua code via the normal draw functions.

Oh, and weapons have standard draw arguments too, but only a few, for controlling things like the ballute on the Mk-82AIR.

--gos

External draw arguments have "official" meaning if you're using SFM (and EFM?), there's a word document floating around that lists each of them. There's about ~300 that have defined meanings, and some number of them are automatically transmitted by the network code in addition to the ones you program in your lua. Additional arguments you can use if you want, so long as they don't conflict. By sticking to the standard, your airplane will actuate the proper surfaces when flown by the AI, etc.

When you're controlling your own airplane, however, you'll need to program how all the external animations are drawn via set_external_draw_argument() or something like that.

Internal/cockpit draw arguments use their own namespace. I recommend keeping them below 1000. I don't believe any have pre-defined meanings.

Note that there's no get_cockpit_draw_argument for internal animations. Anything that you want to read the state of must be connected to a device controller. You can, however, directly read and set external draw arguments from within your cockpit lua code via the normal draw functions.

Oh, and weapons have standard draw arguments too, but only a few, for controlling things like the ballute on the Mk-82AIR.

--gos[/QUO

Omg thank you so much both of you,this is gold info i needed.

Mostly true, however, we originally had issues with some arguments around/above 1200. Without documentation, we're not sure whether this is an engine limitation or a conflict with something hardcoded in the SFM/SSM DLLs.

To remedy this, we started re-packing our arguments into lower indices, and have had no issues since.

--gos

i have been learing texturing and coding in 3dx max , my head feels like is going to explode,but sure is a priceless feeling when you see parts moving and the model in game, its a special feeling.

do the TVC actually change direction of thrust or just for the looks?

Both. My animation depends on tvc system i coded.

I have fully working TVC. I can enable or disable it just in flight.

Check video description

Without working tvc i couldnt make such crazy rotation of mig.

Both. My animation depends on tvc system i coded.

I have fully working TVC. I can enable or disable it just in flight.

Check video description

Without working tvc i couldnt make such crazy rotation of mig.

wow that is amazing,that we can do such things, i cant wait to have my pak fa fully coded.

Fantastic plane and very good proyect what I don't know is Why we don't have any notice proyect about f 16? cubanase I will put my money in your pocket if make a proyect with f 16!!!!!

Lets just focus on finishing the Pack Fa,as for the F-16 im sorry but i already have another project in mind, A-6 Intruder.