The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Any idea how I can use the profiles of your tool, but force usage of OpenXR with the hotfix of today?
--force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

10 minutes ago, kaltokri said:

Any idea how I can use the profiles of your tool, but force usage of OpenXR with the hotfix of today?
--force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

The New Version has all that integrated, the old version doesnt.

• Like 5

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If you need another beta tester ... I'm yours 🙂

• Like 3

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

On 1/26/2023 at 12:02 AM, SkateZilla said:

Launch Dedicated server with the custom write folder (ie SERVER), then launch DCS

Any guide for the current version will be wasted as the new version coming in Q1 '23 and is totally different.

Ok, thank you but I have no idea how to make a custom write folder....

Edited by stenji

On 1/21/2023 at 6:39 AM, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

Hey zilla. Not sure if there is a fix for this...but if there is, let me know how to fix it. 

It really isn't a huge deal but when I first load the game after a PC restart, the first load in under VR ON is always just default settings. I exit, start it again the exact same way and it loads my settings. This might have nothing to do specifically with the app and more so maybe left over configs from the past. I dunno, but if you got any ideas I'm all ears lol. 

Found a bit more. I have 4 selfmade profiles, FPS-Test, Offline, Online and VR.
Even when one of these profiles is set (from the previous session) in the select profile option, DCS still loaded default settings.
Then i found that it happens when 2 profiles are selected at the same time. This is something you can't do yourself but when the app is started, the Default profile is sometimes added. Even if you see your preset selected, if the Default preset is also active at the same time, it will load the Default one.
Happens only since one of the latest DCS updates.

image.png

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

That is the latest version.

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

ok, thx......and where is the switch to force OpenXR. If I start it is using StamVR. It won´t use OpenXR if I don´t use OpenComposite or start it via DCS exe using the --force switches (Reverb G2). No option in the Updater GUI, or I haven´t found it yet. Sorry, but I don´t get it.

Edited by Rampster

40 minutes ago, Rampster said:

ok, thx......and where is the switch to force OpenXR. If I start it is using StamVR. It won´t use OpenXR if I don´t use OpenComposite or start it via DCS exe using the --force switches (Reverb G2). No option in the Updater GUI, or I haven´t found it yet. Sorry, but I don´t get it.

Literally about 8 posts above this where the author says that's not there yet.

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The New Version is a Complete Rewrite and is not out yet, but in closed limited testing, as stated a few posts up.
The First Public image was released on Christmas, with more content to follow as soon as functions are ready to be unveiled.

9 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Found a bit more. I have 4 selfmade profiles, FPS-Test, Offline, Online and VR.
Even when one of these profiles is set (from the previous session) in the select profile option, DCS still loaded default settings.
Then i found that it happens when 2 profiles are selected at the same time. This is something you can't do yourself but when the app is started, the Default profile is sometimes added. Even if you see your preset selected, if the Default preset is also active at the same time, it will load the Default one.
Happens only since one of the latest DCS updates.

image.png

Yes this is one of the weird behaviors of the old app and the profile switching I was alluding too.

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

SkateZilla, first up thanks for an awesome tool and you really need a donate button.

This may be moot point with the new update coming soon 🙂 but since I built my new PC I am having a problem where the presets dropped down is greyed out and no matter what I do I can't get it to enable so that I can select a preset. It has always worked in the past, wondering if you have any ideas on a possible cause or fix?

And if you are ever looking for another Beta Tester 😉

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

2 hours ago, Bullant said:

SkateZilla, first up thanks for an awesome tool and you really need a donate button.

This may be moot point with the new update coming soon 🙂 but since I built my new PC I am having a problem where the presets dropped down is greyed out and no matter what I do I can't get it to enable so that I can select a preset. It has always worked in the past, wondering if you have any ideas on a possible cause or fix?

And if you are ever looking for another Beta Tester 😉

Verify you've set the saved games folder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, that was it. I had it set but for some reason it wasn't the correct path. Super strange, but all working now.

Many thanks!

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Hello Skatezilla, as you know the latest update introduced the necessity to add --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR, when wanting to use openxr natively. 
My problem now is that these prompts can only be given to the shortcuts and I only use your utility to start dcs which (i believe) starts the original exe file in the bin folder. Unfortunaly I dont see a way to add this prompt in the same manner with the original exe. 

How can I solve this?

16 hours ago, Ramtin said:

Hello Skatezilla, as you know the latest update introduced the necessity to add --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR, when wanting to use openxr natively. 
My problem now is that these prompts can only be given to the shortcuts and I only use your utility to start dcs which (i believe) starts the original exe file in the bin folder. Unfortunaly I dont see a way to add this prompt in the same manner with the original exe. 

How can I solve this?

As Stated previously above,

You'd have to use a shortcut until the new version of the app is done.

There's no way to add the new commands to the current version as it's legacy code and been archived.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's no way to add the new commands to the current version as it's legacy code and been archived.
Haha,
This is great news. I strictly use your ui app and I tried the forced openXR procedure a couple of timesand it did not work. So I was wondering.
I would be looking forward to your update so in the meantime, I am still using open composite.

Thanks a lot for your work. Your ui program make launching, updating, repairing(etcl dcs so much easy.

Sent from my XQ-AT52 using Tapatalk

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

On 2/11/2023 at 1:33 PM, SkateZilla said:

Thanks man. Do you have an estimation of when this new version might get released? 

• Like 1

Hi!

I get this error after the latest Windows Update:

image.png

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

6 minutes ago, Zeus67 said:

Hi!

I get this error after the latest Windows Update:

image.png

This issue is caused by a /Bin/EXE or DLL Missing Version Info,

For Release/OpenBeta it's most likely QWindows.dll

The version issues have been fixed internally for the next version.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 2:23 PM, SkateZilla said:

This issue is caused by a /Bin/EXE or DLL Missing Version Info,

For Release/OpenBeta it's most likely QWindows.dll

The version issues have been fixed internally for the next version.

I will be so happy when it comes out. Even if using only a fraction of its potential, the utility has been invaluable in managing DCS. 

@SkateZillawill the new version remember the last settings for 'Select Build' and 'Select Preset'?  That would make a big difference. The number of times I have hit launch, only to see the Stable version coming up, when I was expecting OB.  Similar to launching VR preset when I wanted monitor!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I never had a problem with the previously selected build or preset until DCS 2.8.x came out. Since then, whenever the app is launched, in case of the presets, there are always 2 presets selected (which you can't do yourself), the default one and the previous used one. Even if you de-select and re-select your wanted preset, the app always launches with the default settings when used the first time after launch. Either you sit through the DCS launch, quit DCS and re-launch or use the task manager to kill the DCS process, re-select the preset in the app and then it's OK. But i guess the initial problem lays in DCS 2.7.x --> 2.8.x and not in the app because the app wasn't updated anymore since 2.7.x and it used to work just fine with that version.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!