Reinstalling old planes and Activation Count

jerryo

I installed the DCS Open Beta in order to use the new F14B .. ( it wouldn't

work with the Stable Version so i was advised to use Open Beta and it now works ) :)

Open Beta does not want to coexist with the Regular DCS World

that was already installed...Installing Open Beta removed the my perfectly working Stable Version

Is there a way to have DCS Open Beta and a separate Stable Version on the same PC ?

So my question is , as i reinstall and rebuild my DCS worlds the

activation count reduces for the older planes .

Eventually if i keep this up i will have to repurchase all my old birds :(

Is it possible to get the count reset due to all the DCS reinstalls Ive done

over the years ?

Thanks

Edited by jerryo

Intel i7-8086 @ 4.0 GHZ 32 GB RAM GTX 1080ti (x2)

The activation info is stored on Windows registry, so you can reinstall dcs without having to deactivate/activate ..only a reinstall of windows or a change in hardware would trigger a reactivation.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It doesn't make much sense to have activation counts anyway since DCS checks with the server constantly to ensure proper license usage. If 10 machines are all using the same key at the same time, obviously something is wrong.

I've lost several activations already because I've installed modules on different computer builds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]