Thank you

bkthunder

The F-14 is not only a great aircraft, but a well released module of a great aircraft.

Sure there are bugs here and there but all in all, this is the most complete release to date, and it is enjoyable to a higher level than any other module has been upon release (or even 2-3 years later for some :music_whistling:)

So, thank you Heatblur. It feels good to have spent money on something polished and enjoyable like your F-14! This is really on a different level :thumbup:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I second the above, LOTS to learn. Jester is a game changer but mine resigned after the first landing, at least he didn't eject!.

NONE OF THIS IS CRITISISM OF THE MODULE, LOVE IT.

Getting used to the HUD without speeds, and the funny speed dial, (just not British dammit) Had a Persian map flight out of Sharjah to the north at high alt and high speed. Enjoyed watching the wings auto sweep back. Then roll over and low level into the mountains for some contour flying 'A La RAF Tornado' style,(I am ex RAF). Jester made some adverse comments about getting close to the hard stuff. Then back to Sharjah at very low level, in poor light conditions where I came in too fast and ambled into the desert a bit and then back on the concrete, Jester giving it "'Shit Shit Shit your too fast!" just as I coming to a halt. (Then I think he left to change his flight suit). No I idea what he was moaning about, the wings were still on, it was on 3 legs...so that's a landing innit!, ok it's a bit dusty.

So I see why single seat pilots say they prefer, pound for pound, the extra fuel they can carry with no backseater lol.

But teamwork is a learning curve and this whole module is a learning curve. The aircraft is a pleasure to view alongside. Got lots to read, again and again, but this one well worth it. It loads kinda slow, but I see there's a thread about it so the grown ups will get it all get fixed. Looking forward to the painters getting let loose and using it as a bombcat. THANK YOU GUYS

Then roll over and low level into the mountains for some contour flying 'A La RAF Tornado' style,(I am ex RAF).

Hey buddy, were you ever at Leuchars? I spent 3 years there back in the Phantom days (86-89) lovely place. So you're now in Durham? Penshaw is my home town/village., just up the road!

Agree with all that's been said, superb module.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

It will certainly keep us busy until F-16 :)

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Hi Bart, No never made it back to Scotland, was ground Comms and Tac Comms (TCW) Flew a bit with Helo world and Nimrod Fleet and then as Comms Sgt at Honington, Lindholme/Finningley, Linton/Dishforth/Topcliffe managed a couple of flights in Tucano. and the fast jet ground Sims at various places. But usually had an undeground bunker office. Got me around the world so can't complain

It will certainly keep us busy until F-16 :)

I honestly don't see the F-16 module being as popular as the F-14. With an F-16 simulation (a VERY good one at that) already being around for so long, a DCS module doesn't offer anything really new or exciting to the genre. Not to mention, the other one has a dynamic campaign to go with it (a very good one at that). lol

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I honestly don't see the F-16 module being as popular as the F-14. With an F-16 simulation (a VERY good one at that) already being around for so long, a DCS module doesn't offer anything really new or exciting to the genre. Not to mention, the other one has a dynamic campaign to go with it (a very good one at that). lol

I know what you mean. For me though actually being able to sit in the F-16 in VR and being so familiar with it after all these years with the other sim will be just superb.

That bubble canopy over the Persian Gulf plinking tanks!! That's going to do it for me.