iPad (Touch Control) pit for Ka-50 Ver 2

jib

ok I will try and make a video soon.

In the mean time try to use these instructions on the A10 pit, they should help you:

http://www.ipadpit.nl/index.php/downloads/Documentation/ipadpit-instructionsv2/

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jib, for the new Touch Control stuff to work with BS2. I'm looking forward to using them! I had one question (and hope it doesn't sound stupid), and if it was answered and I missed it, please forgive.

After downloading your touch control ver. 5b, do you import the whole zip file as is, or do you unzip it and import the config and images file seperately?

And, is there a monitor .lua file that has to be inserted into the game?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you should just import the whole zip file

attachment.php?attachmentid=63823&stc=1&d=1331728022

select the zip file and click yes

attachment.php?attachmentid=63824&stc=1&d=1331728023

Import.jpg.4169b00146a5f99b5d67433bd16e67de.jpg

Yes.jpg.f2222bedc505100a0237318e885aa0fa.jpg

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Uggh, another question. Please bear with me. I have 2 monitors, #1@ 1920x1080, which displays the game, and a second monitor @1440x1050, which does nothing but collects dust for the most part.

I tried using the Monitor Settings LUA that ED had came up with for BS1, but it won't work with the current version, (it tries to load the mission and then pukes)

Could you help me come up with with a LUA file for BS2 that would put the screens in the upper left hand corner of monitor #2 so i can get the grabber on them? Especially with the SHKVAL screen, It seems the older I get, the harder that baby is to see.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by IB2EZ2C

Thats ok IB2EZ2C ask away

You don't actually need a physical second screen to grab the exported images from you can use this software to create a virtual screen:http://www.demoforge.com/dfmirage.htm.

Your .Lua file from Blackshark 1 will not work because ED changed the name of the Abris and Skvhal in the export, have a look in the pre made lua's and you will see you now need to call them LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD (i think)

also someone has found you can export all kind of indicators (a bit complex)http://www.ru.wiki.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716&page=27

and for BS http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=85686

hope that helps a bit. I can post my lua when i get home

Edited by jib

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can you help me please? I can view nothing live in abris screen or shkval on ipad and front panel switches wont turn on/off.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Rev 3.0 with Intel Core i7 2600K SandyBridge 4500 MHz, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC , 16GB DDR3, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Logitech G13 Gamepad, TrackIr 5, Windows 8.1 x64 Professional

So... after hours of testing i might have an idea of what the problem is:

For example: The options in DCS BS2 tells, if I would like to press "PVI Button 9" i have to press "RAlt + 9"... but when i want to switch the sides in UV-Dispenser i should press "RAlt + ]"... but this is impossible for me...

i have got the Logitech g11-Keyboard... and "9" and "]" are placed on the same key... and the interesting thing is that if i want to switch the UVs side by key i would have to press "RAlt(or AltGR as it is called on my keyboard)" first and hold it, then i had to press "RAlt" for the second time in order not to type "9" but "]"...

and this is the problem... so as long as i cant press a hold-key double at a time it wont work to switch sides by key...

and now if i go on to try to switch sides of the UV by the TouchControl on my ipad... guess what... simply th "PVI Button 9" is pushed down in game...

someone intelligent would say that i only should program another HotKeyScript (i hope that this is called that way) on my PCs "TouchControlServer" and thats it... but, as mentioned above: as long as im not able to push the "RAlt"-Key twice at a time this wont work...

other possibility: change key combination ingame in the options menu... no, cause i dont want to mess my layout ingame, because i dont have enough keys to be switched for every hold-Key combination that is needed...

the TouchControl works perfect for simple keybinds like "H" for HMS... but when the Skript needs Hold-Key nothing works...

i tried different local keyboard layouts like the "US" or "DE"... no difference...

so please help... THX in advance

Some idea?

i thought, that i might be a difference if i bought a keyboard with english layout, but i dont think that the connection of TouchControl and DCS goes over the keyboard, right?

Edited by -Mop-
additional info received

Many buttons don`t work, shkval ha a strange texture and doesn`t work. Can someone post a updated version please ?

Asus Sabertooth P67 Rev 3.0 with Intel Core i7 2600K SandyBridge 4500 MHz, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC , 16GB DDR3, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Logitech G13 Gamepad, TrackIr 5, Windows 8.1 x64 Professional

So... after hours of testing i might have an idea of what the problem is:

For example: The options in DCS BS2 tells, if I would like to press "PVI Button 9" i have to press "RAlt + 9"... but when i want to switch the sides in UV-Dispenser i should press "RAlt + ]"... but this is impossible for me...

i have got the Logitech g11-Keyboard... and "9" and "]" are placed on the same key... and the interesting thing is that if i want to switch the UVs side by key i would have to press "RAlt(or AltGR as it is called on my keyboard)" first and hold it, then i had to press "RAlt" for the second time in order not to type "9" but "]"...

and this is the problem... so as long as i cant press a hold-key double at a time it wont work to switch sides by key...

and now if i go on to try to switch sides of the UV by the TouchControl on my ipad... guess what... simply th "PVI Button 9" is pushed down in game...

someone intelligent would say that i only should program another HotKeyScript (i hope that this is called that way) on my PCs "TouchControlServer" and thats it... but, as mentioned above: as long as im not able to push the "RAlt"-Key twice at a time this wont work...

other possibility: change key combination ingame in the options menu... no, cause i dont want to mess my layout ingame, because i dont have enough keys to be switched for every hold-Key combination that is needed...

the TouchControl works perfect for simple keybinds like "H" for HMS... but when the Skript needs Hold-Key nothing works...

i tried different local keyboard layouts like the "US" or "DE"... no difference...

so please help... THX in advance

Some idea?

i thought, that i might be a difference if i bought a keyboard with english layout, but i dont think that the connection of TouchControl and DCS goes over the keyboard, right?

Some1 got an idea?

I will try and look at any key binding issues at the weekend. make sure you are pressing the initalize button on the side of the panel before the first time you use them each session.

Also

IMPORTANT: There is currently an issue with viewing Motion JPEG (MJPEG) streams in Mobile Safari under iOS 6 (including the WebView feature in TouchControl) which prevents viewing TouchControl Grabber output on an iOS 6 device (any device running iOS 6 - not just the iPhone 5). This has been reported to Apple, but so far no resolution. As a workaround, the new release of TouchControl Server (5.7) now has a new option under the “Help – Troubleshooting” menu titled “Use Frame Grabber”. When enabled, this will force the Grabber to serve up individual images (frames), rather than a MJPEG stream. To use the frame grabber, you’ll also need to alter the configuration of your grabber WebView button to turn ON the “Autorefresh” option, and set the refresh rate to 0 (zero) seconds. This will force the WebView to continually request new frames from the server. Unfortunately this will not provide the same frame rate experienced with the MJPEG grabber (due to latency introduced with the individual HTTP requests), but at least it will display the grabber output, where the previous grabber settings will not under iOS 6. I am continuing to look for a solution to this problem, and if/when a working solution is found, a new version of TouchControl Server will be posted.

I will have to look at this and update some settings.

here is how to hide ABIRS on a virtual screen. http://www.ipadpit.nl/index.php/downloads/func-startdown/22/

Edited by jib

• 1 month later...

I don't think I have tested it with the latest version.

I am trying to re-downloads the touchcontrol server, but there website is down ATM.

I will update it with changes when I get a chance.

what is it that you can't get to work?

Did you purchase the Autohotkey addon?

I have updated some of the key combinations on the weapons panels, I had to recreate the Shkval screen to get it to work.

The autopilot buttons seem to go invisible which they never used to, I will look into that.

Everything else seems to be working except the tv-black white switch which I cannot get working, Touch Control doesn't seem to want to give the Rshift and Rctrl + B key combination and it messes up.

http://sdrv.ms/UTP7PQ

Edited by jib

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Jib, have seen your setup and have decided to do the same. Unfortunately I am not having much luck setting it up. I have successfully set up the Admin but unable to use TouchControl because I cannot enable the IRCommand2 interface. I have bought the upgrade but don't know how to enable it. I also bought the IRTrans and Autohotkey, God knows where they reside.

Would you be so kind and give me some pointers in the right direction before I throw my ipad in the bin.

Thanks in anticipation.

Edited by mikethemadmonk

mikethemadmonk i think all you needed is the autohotkey in app purchase. make sure the ipad and pc are on the same network and can 'talk' to each other.

There is lots of general help on the fourms http://www.touchapptech.com/

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...