Mission 3 ISSUES

SnowTiger

I'm having great difficulty with this mission.

First of all, regardless what the Mission PDF Notes and In-Game Mission Notes might say, there is no Cargo Hookup when on the ground.

Furthermore, I don't know if it's just the wind or also Turbulence but I have NEVER had so much problem Hovering since I started flying the Huey (2+ yrs ago) but then I seem to get Really Bad Frame Rates in this mission for some odd reason.

It's not like I don't have a good system and video card or nothing but it certainly seems to be getting harder to fly anything in DCS anymore without spending $800-1000 dollars on JUST the video card (which I don't have to spend).

But there isn't much going on except at the very beginning with the Wind Sock which makes it look like a 100 mph wind !!! and a Chinook then the wind sock disappears ???

I'm using a 4.3 Mhz 8 Core PC, 16 Gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Anyway, I have used the RCntl+RShft+L to no avail .. hovering or parked beside the cargo real close.

I have a button for auto release but that hasn't been necessary yet.

I use the Cargo Manager RCtrl+RShft+P

I have unsuccessfully tried to take a couple screenshots that clearly show the cargo line is hooked but then I get that stupid message telling me to check to make sure I have cargo ... which is NOT connected. Even though the huey flies like it's over loaded.

WT Heck ..? Is it just me or something wrong with this mission ?

SnowTiger:joystick:

I just flew in a mission I created a long time ago to learn how to hover in the Huey.

It appears that there is something goofy going on with the Cargo hookup.

First of all I have NEVER used the Auto-Unhook keyboard command but I do have a Lever I use to disconnect my cargo (when it doesn't otherwise auto-unhook on touchdown). For that matter I have never used the Auto-Connect RCtrl+RShft+L until this mission either.

Until Today, I have Never seen the message ROPE TEAR (or whatever it says). That to me is knew. This I noticed in My Mission / Cargo Training when after a very simply Hover and Cargo Hookup, I Lift ... slowly but the bloody cargo unhooks and I get the Rope Tear message.

I don't think I can possibly lift any slower or easier. There is definitely something wrong with this IMO.

I noticed in the Subject Campaign's Mission 3 that while I did see the cable attached (more than once) I Never saw the Cargo Connected message.

So I'm not so sure it's a Campaign issue and may not even be a Huey ISSUE ... But then How would I know AND WHO do I take this issue to ?

Belsimtek or DCS ?

1) Regarding the framerate, you should check your log file to see whether it's a normal size or huge.

Ctrl+L apparently triggers a detailed log feature in DCS (unconfirmed by ED). If you hit that by accident instead of Ctrl+Shift+L, that would slow down DCS significantly, and there is no warning.

You have to exit DCS and restart it for this to switch off, you needn't do anything else.

2) A little tip, since it's not in the KNEEBOARD KEYBINDS.jpg file: LShift+LCtrl+C activates a downlook camera, the image appears in a small window that lets you see below and the normal cockpit view at the same time, I found it a precious help. It's mentioned in the mission 5 pdf too.

3) Sorry for the silly question, have you designated the cargo first with the communication/F10 menu?

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed responce. For some reason I didn't get an email notice. Anyway ....

With regards to your Question #3, YES I most certainly did activate the Cargo using the Comms/F10 Menu.

I even used the RShft+Enter+P for the Cargo Manager which I find works best for Connecting Cargo .. versus the Cargo Cam which I find is best implemented during the flight with cargo and/or for accurately disconnecting the cargo in the right location.

My framerate issues happens any time there is allot going on i.e. many vehicles on the move; explosions; smoke; ??? who knows what all. Otherwise I have excellent frame rates.

It is worse for me in Campaigns than it is online MP.

PS> I found this Thread today which appears to confirm that there is a known bug.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3200860#post3200860

Thanks for the replies.

• 2 weeks later...

I am totally unable to progress this campaing due to bugs and performance issues.

I can understand the 1.5.7 mechanics of "you have to aim with the hook just to hit the top of the cargo because there is no crew on the ground to hook it" and play accordingly, but my god the mission STUTTERS. Stutters. Every 1 second I have like 100ms freezes, regular, like in the clock. I lowered graph settings and now I have just higher FPS in between the stutter episodes. Restarting game - no effect.

Are we sure that we want AH-64s, Chinooks and trucks moving around just for show in this crewless ghostland? Is there any lightweight version of the mission?

Is anyone having the same issues and found the way to comply with?

Have the stutters been there like always or they are as old as the newest patch?

For an example I've made a video of stuttering

Besto regards (-ω-ゞ, K.

Edited by Kyuzo

Sorry to say but it's not a campaign issue that I can fix. The mission/campaign was running ok so far.

It's related to general performance issues mostly with the AI after updating to the 1.5.7 version (check also here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190539).

The campaign uses AI and objects for immersion. It would be not wise to remove them.

I hope the issues will get fixed soon by ED.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Hey Greg, thanks for fast response.

I'm really happy to hear that it's the global 1.5.7 next bug, as the hope for fix has arisen :) Hate to wait though.

I'm sorry if my salty words of hopeless frustration has anyhow touched you. Thank you for great campaign! Firtst two missions were so great that I wanted to cry when I had issues in the third and couldn't progress. Too good!

I will post here an update if I know any solution or the bugs are gone.

Take care! (-ω-ゞ, K.

Ah no worries. The campaign should work for all, so it's everybody's right to report an issue and my obligation to fix it asap.

The new DCS updates may have issues initially but I believe we will have a better experience in the end (with all the upcoming features and the new terrain).

If you would like to proceed the campaign without these fps problems you could revert to the previous patch at any time. It's not the ideal way but it will work for now (You can update again at any time).

FlightControl posted the way here a while ago: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190554

Greg

Yeah, just done the reverting to 1.5.6. I found the same solution proposal in the issues thread you posted before and came back to share this temporary solution with others, it's good to see that you care for us and were faster :>

AND it WORKS like a charm, issues gone, renders everything smooth. I'm sorry about the ghostland Chinooks and trucks remarks, they were totally innocent in the end - and they look great in 60fps! :>

For my followers: I had a prompt saying "this mission requires activation". I activated it for the first time on 1.5.7 (now I'm 1.5.6).

SOLUTION TO ABOVE: delete SweetFX (and expiecially the dxgi.dll from /bin) Source

About the development of the DCS - I totally agree and welcome updates. You know how it goes with the sentymentalism of older games - I had memoires of LockOn being the same like now DCS and tried it - nope, it's not, a lot has changed :>

Thanks again for help and for campaign!

Take care! (-ω-ゞ, K.

UPDATE: Finished the mission on first try and got the Medal of Honor :> Since when do pilots get MoH for excercises lol Thanks again for help!

Edited by Kyuzo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have started this campaign and enjoying so far, but I had a little issue with mission 3. Seeing that 1.5.7 sling is broken, I downgraded to 1.5.6 before starting.

To the point: those two UH-60 are such a PITA! They joined me overtaking from below below, nearly crashing into me. Actually one of them went down when I arrived close to the drop zone (didn't see it but confirmed with the log) and the other one kept harassing me (as a revenge I guess :cry:) to the point of cutting the rope flying below me when I was trying to deliver the cargo. It ended on top of the "control tower", and I still don't understand how it was successfully delivered. :music_whistling::megalol:

That stubborn mo#@%$ kept following me onto the firing range and then reappeared flying around me when I was trying to land on the Argo!!! I was so tempted to shot it down... :joystick:

Screen_170816_215811.thumb.jpg.07e42890c88bceed859f76e2e5e86b2b.jpg

Screen_170816_215329.thumb.jpg.f05cc496ea0b5d767174505fc98a43a9.jpg

Screen_170816_215319.thumb.jpg.7db6f02ad7b3d00288c4969c7b92fc6b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello mate,

Sorry to hear that you encountered problems with the UH-60.

Due to the sling problem, I reverted to 1.5.6 too but did not notice any problem with the UH-60.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 2 years later...

Having a bear of a time with those UH-60s too. They keep crashing into me when they join up..!

Haven't managed to reach the Artillery site yet, before the UH-60s take me out hmm.gif

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Thank you, as we are working on Argo 2.0 Campaign, there are also some fixes regarding:

Mission 3 (AI Behaviour)

Mission 4 (we hoped a fix in the search light will let the mission perform as in the past but it's time to fix it with an alternative way)

Mission 7 (Parking slot issues plus mission progress feedback)

Mission 8 (Weather conditions)

We check about the ADF issues too and plan to send the new files to ED the upcoming week.

Thanks

Greg

• Like 1

Uh, Argo 2, that sounds intriguing, a whole new campaign, or a rework of the original?

Anyway, I got lucky with Mission 3 the third time around. Everything went without a hitch, the UH-60's rejoined nicely, and even though they got uncomfortable close during my cargo unloading, even that was a success! :pilotfly:

So far I'm quite enjoying the campaign.

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

• 7 months later...
Hi. I have started this campaign and enjoying so far, but I had a little issue with mission 3. Seeing that 1.5.7 sling is broken, I downgraded to 1.5.6 before starting.

To the point: those two UH-60 are such a PITA! They joined me overtaking from below below, nearly crashing into me. Actually one of them went down when I arrived close to the drop zone (didn't see it but confirmed with the log) and the other one kept harassing me (as a revenge I guess :cry:) to the point of cutting the rope flying below me when I was trying to deliver the cargo. It ended on top of the "control tower", and I still don't understand how it was successfully delivered. :music_whistling::megalol:

That stubborn mo#@%$ kept following me onto the firing range and then reappeared flying around me when I was trying to land on the Argo!!! I was so tempted to shot it down... :joystick:

This Post was a Hilarious read!!! :thumbup: I been having an issue when releasing cargo, I get the prompt to release, do the unhook and everytime says it's damaged. I'm on 2.5.5. No matter how careful and sure it says the cargo was destroyed. Then the UH-60 decides it's funny to try to ram me.. he hasn't succeeded yet.

I just got rammed by the UH-60 trying to sling the cargo in. I am thinking the AI triggers need some work on this one. Kind of sucks flying all that way and while you are transitioning to getting the cargo safely on the ground, BANG! :lol: :doh: As of right now, this campaign and the stock UN one are both in rough shape from the recent patches.

• 1 year later...

Sigh, text was lost again.

Anyway, enjoying the campaign. But I have some issues in this mission,
After ED fixed sling loading weight, I finished the Oilfield Campaign without ever crashing any cargo in the Mi-8.
I admit I haven't done sling loading in the Huey before. But is it really this hard?
We're warned about speed and altitude, so I have been flying slow, and under 500 feet.

So what's the trick?
I had the mission progress once even if the cargo was damaged. I have tried landing even if I crash it. But it doesn't work.

(BTW looking at pictures above in this thread. It looked so much better without that ugly FARP!) 😉

Cargo seems fine to me! 🤷🏻‍♂️

image.png

The double smoke doesn't help performance either.

image.png

Edited by MAXsenna
lost text