Help needed with MIST/CTLD and other scripting fun

tn_prvteye

I'm working on a mission where you play as a Medivac Pilot in Vegas. I've created a Group of cars and infantry and placed them on the map. I then run the mist.teleportInZone to move them somewhere random (I've created 20 different zones). I also then tell them to Disperse for a bit to get them to a road using the "on road" formation.

After two minutes, I blow one of them up. :D Ok, so far, so good everything works. I've also made the group extract-able with CTLD and placed a Zone to take them to to offload (Hospital). The goal is obviously to simulate a car crash with "patients" you need to take to a hospital. I enjoy the missions that are already out there like this, but I wanted to make it more Randomized.

Now the issue I'm having is assigning them a frequency that I can home in on. If I set their frequency in the Advanced Waypoint options, it works...UNTIL the mist.teleportInZone kicks in and it stops. I've tried adding a condition of +20 seconds (after they've been teleported), but that doesn't work. I've assigned them a triggerable action to start broadcasting using the "AI Push" after a set time, and that doesn't work.

I've tried the "Unit in moving zone" and then adding a transmission to the zone, and THAT doesn't work.

I guess I'm wondering if this is even possible. After the mist.teleportInZone kicks in, does it essentially change the Group or Unit properties so I can't add a Radio Transmission to it?

I thought about just Spawning the group with MIST instead of Teleport, but I can't get them to blow up after that.

Does this make any damn sense? :blink:

Once you teleport the group, it is no longer technically the same unit and thus can no longer be accessed through the scripting functions built into the GUI.

The path of least resistance might be enabling rescue for AI units in CSAR and then destroying one of your teleported units, or teleporting an aircraft and then destroying it. This should auto-generate a SAR tasking with the associated radio beacon

Can I enable CSAR for a Ground unit? I'd like to use Ground units since they give some "atmosphere" to the scene. I've got a column of cars and trucks with some Fire Trucks and Infantry at the end. When the lead car explodes, it creates a nice little "accident" scene in the middle of the road.