Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

What kind of weapons restrictions are we talking about here? Rear aspect ir missiles only? Dumb weapons only?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Rear aspect only, yes. And mostly dumb weapons for air-to-ground, but some missions will include smart weapons for air-to-ground.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Data export is not disabled. You can always check out tacview files, which tells you that the option is not disabled.
I tried yesterday and the ingame serverbrowser doesn't say yes on player data export. Which it does on burning skies, blueflag and the 104th for me and on those my jetseat is working. I gonna try tomorrow again to check out more modules.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Hi Alpenwolf! I tried other modules and none of them is working with my jetseat so i made a couple of screenshots from my server browser so you know what i mean with player data export.

coldwar.thumb.png.34fc207cecf074ead186e9a4e7aef394.png

blueflag.thumb.png.f7bc523b745b57600eee7ef97445015e.png

104th.thumb.png.b0102ca1c61db8f2b68ea6b06d1081d6.png

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Hi Alpenwolf! I tried other modules and none of them is working with my jetseat so i made a couple of screenshots from my server browser so you know what i mean with player data export.

Should be ok now :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

A question, guys:

I don't fly any of the A-10's, so what AGM's should I remove to add to the weapons restrictions? Maybe just keep the type of AGM's that is the oldest and poorest in performance?

Same thing with the Viggen, please.

Thanks for the help!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Dunno... viggen has only two guided agms (not counting the MCLOS Rb 05 nor the anti ship ones) which real difference are the warhead charge, both are already kinda hard to aim and lock due to Viggen 's optical sight. As much would be not allowing the heavier ones. Regarding A-10, what are in the server, A or C? For those would be to allow one with optical guidance and light warhead to be on 0ar eith the ones used eith the viggen... at least this is what i think

Between the various variants of the Maverick (AGM-65/RB-75), there isn't really much of a difference in performance IMHO. So as long as their is at least one Maverick variant left available it wouldn't make much of a difference if you would remove the others.

In regards to the AGMs that are specific to the Viggen, there is the RB05 and the BK90 (not actually a missile but it gets treated like one) besides the Maverick (RB75). The Rb05 is by far the oldest one with the poorest performance, as you have to manually steer it into the target. I don't think there is a need to remove that missile. The BK90 on the other hand is quite sophisticated as it is a INS-guided cluster glide bomb that can wreck havoc on dense target groups if used correctly. The thing is though, that it's not easy to make good use of it, as it requires you to

- somehow get precise coordinates of the enemy units before attacking,

- get the correct QFE (barometric pressure above ground) for the target area,

- use the INS correctly and make sure you have no drift when starting the attack run.

So, I would say:

- Definitely keep the RB05 Viggen

- If you want to remove Mavericks, you would have to remove all variants to really make a difference (A-10 and Viggen)

- Keep the BK90 as it requires quite some skill and knowledge to make good use of it.

Edit: Forgot about the anti ship missiles: There are two of them for the Viggen, which are the older RB04E and the modern RB15F. The RB04 has a range of 27km and is a very simple weapon, as you just point it in the right direction and let go. The RB15 on the other hand is a pretty sophisticated missile with a range of 70km that can be programmed with waypoints to fly a certain path. I think the RB04s should definitely be kept, maybe even both.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Between the various variants of the Maverick (AGM-65/RB-75), there isn't really much of a difference in performance IMHO. So as long as their is at least one Maverick variant left available it wouldn't make much of a difference if you would remove the others.

In regards to the AGMs that are specific to the Viggen, there is the RB05 and the BK90 (not actually a missile but it gets treated like one) besides the Maverick (RB75). The Rb05 is by far the oldest one with the poorest performance, as you have to manually steer it into the target. I don't think there is a need to remove that missile. The BK90 on the other hand is quite sophisticated as it is a INS-guided cluster glide bomb that can wreck havoc on dense target groups if used correctly. The thing is though, that it's not easy to make good use of it, as it requires you to

- somehow get precise coordinates of the enemy units before attacking,

- get the correct QFE (barometric pressure above ground) for the target area,

- use the INS correctly and make sure you have no drift when starting the attack run.

So, I would say:

- Definitely keep the RB05 Viggen

- If you want to remove Mavericks, you would have to remove all variants to really make a difference (A-10 and Viggen)

- Keep the BK90 as it requires quite some skill and knowledge to make good use of it.

Edit: Forgot about the anti ship missiles: There are two of them for the Viggen, which are the older RB04E and the modern RB15F. The RB04 has a range of 27km and is a very simple weapon, as you just point it in the right direction and let go. The RB15 on the other hand is a pretty sophisticated missile with a range of 70km that can be programmed with waypoints to fly a certain path. I think the RB04s should definitely be kept, maybe even both.

Right, i didn't thought on the Mjolner too... yeah quite complicated and complex to use, enough to compensate the amount of destruction that can deal properly used, and Rb-05 can be useful against big structures,it has a hefty warhead

Good information! Thanks, guys! I'll remove what you have suggested over the upcoming days. Maybe even next week at the earliest.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

generally as the Guys said about Viggen- all RB75s are just TV guided Mavericks - they differ only with the zoom or size of the warhead.

As for choppers - would it be possible to receive the updates about enemy fighters from awacs, or be able to ask awacs for enmy position updates.

Currently you can tune in to awacs channel but you cant ask anything, its a big disadvantage for the choppers.

The BK90 is actually very simple to use. You can just move the target waypoint onto the targets using radar. It also uses a radar altimeter so QFE is irrelevant. Furthermore, it's a post cold war weapon.

For viggen, keep the RB05 and RB04. If you want to allow mavericks on some missions, only allow the RB75. The RB75T carries a bigger warhead and the RB75B is a fictional variant with increased zoom and resolution only there to help VR players.

For the A-10, only allow the AGM-65H. This is the worst-performing maverick available.

Anyone else think the latest update did something to the MiG’s damage model? The server seemed to be full of MiGs flying around on fire, missing pieces, etc and still fighting this afternoon.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Anyone else think the latest update did something to the MiG’s damage model? The server seemed to be full of MiGs flying around on fire, missing pieces, etc and still fighting this afternoon.

i was in my mig tonight and got hit by (maybe) a missile + gunshots.

my left wing was missing, but i was able to fly around and even get back to base without any difference in flight behaviour ... weird ...

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Thanks dFlow for the confirmation, that is quite in line with what I was observing, it looked like some of the video I have seen on the C101 being indestructible haha.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Can confirm, too. The Migs need at least two missiles to be brought down. Guns were also not effective in this open beta version. There were a lot of "Zombies" running around burning and smoking...

Had a lot of fun nevertheless. The weapons restriction is great!

Were is the server located? I can never play because of too high a ping :(

I have the same problem, what I do is when the multiplayer list appear and Clod War Server pink is red I select it NOt join and I wait for the recycle arrow in yellow to appear. When it does I click on it and click join. That's the only way I managed to get myself kills :lol:

Edited by Decibel dB

The BK90 is actually very simple to use. You can just move the target waypoint onto the targets using radar. It also uses a radar altimeter so QFE is irrelevant. Furthermore, it's a post cold war weapon.

That would require you to get the target to appear your radar screen first, which is not that easy with ground units and especially not if you're forced to stay in the weeds because of enemy air defense or fighter threat.

Yes, I also was chasing Fishbeds on two differenct occasions across the entire AO, filling them up with gunshots and they just didn't care :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That would require you to get the target to appear your radar screen first, which is not that easy with ground units and especially not if you're forced to stay in the weeds because of enemy air defense or fighter threat.

It's what the radar's meant to be used for. And even if it were hard to do, the BK90 first entered service after the cold war ended so it doesn't belong anyway.

It's what the radar's meant to be used for. And even if it were hard to do, the BK90 first entered service after the cold war ended so it doesn't belong anyway.

It's absolutly not! The radar is meant for 2 things: Navigation and naval search. It is NOT intended to be used for ground targets, although that might work sometimes, depending on the the conditions and the target.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg