Multi-crew canopy jettison and ejection restriction ?

diditopgun

Hi !

My friend who will be my RIO like do stupid things to troll me. He already threaten me to jettisson canopy or eject myself if I bother him (what I like to do of course ^^). :helpsmilie: :P

So, will there be an option to inhibit canopy and ejection control from one or the other crew station ? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

There's usually a switch to control if both are ejected or just the back seat.

Yes but it's in the RIO station... XD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

The old Martin Baker seats didn't have any kind of arming handle on them, it was purely a series of safety pins fitted into the firing unit sears and through various components, as in seat pan firing handle.

Just wanted to share a bit of knowledge, and yes I know it was a tongue in cheek topic, but couldn't help myself.

The old Martin Baker seats didn't have any kind of arming handle on them, it was purely a series of safety pins fitted into the firing unit sears and through various components, as in seat pan firing handle.

Just wanted to share a bit of knowledge, and yes I know it was a tongue in cheek topic, but couldn't help myself.

The MB seats in the F14 had two arming points. A tab for the upper curtain and a lever type handle for the lower handle. This was in addition to a bunch of pins used when the jet was in maintenance or at an airshow or overnight ramp somewhere.

The rocket sear was open and accessible, and one had to be very aware of not bumping it. It happened once with catastrophic consequences for the crew.

Viewpoints are my own.

The MB seats in the F14 had two arming points. A tab for the upper curtain and a lever type handle for the lower handle. This was in addition to a bunch of pins used when the jet was in maintenance or at an airshow or overnight ramp somewhere.

The rocket sear was open and accessible, and one had to be very aware of not bumping it. It happened once with catastrophic consequences for the crew.

Ok cool, wasn't aware that that system was implemented. Thanks for the heads up.

If you had trust issues, couldn‘t you disarm the ejection seat in flight? Is that even possible with the canopy closed? Is the clickspot to disarm it available for the RIO as well? So many questions and only one way to find out.

If that's the case the RIO will be like this:

rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

We stupidly carried personal gear in the turtle back on cross countries. You were supposed to pin the seat before removal. I had never heard of anyone carrying anything back there for a carrier trap before.

When something like that happened, the incident was described with the remedy in a fleet wide message pending a NATOPS change. It’s in there as a Warning now.

Viewpoints are my own.