Russian chit chat during mission

rge75

I'm just wondering if this chit chat is from the campaign or default by DCS? I did not have this during the Spring Tension campaign though.

As you notice, there's no text, so I have no idea what it is all about:

Well, at least it's entertaining during the flight. But it would be cooler if you'd acutally understand it....

It is not related to sling loading as I told you before.

I really do not recall this chit chat in Russian...

Strange...

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• ED Team

It's a pure immersion feature. Makes radio more alive. :)

Nothing to do with any mission tasks.

Voices are some pilots and ATC. Mostly transfers in Krasnodar airspace.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

• 3 months later...

This one of the great things in this campaign. Some radio voices are actually in English (mostly with Russian accent) so you can understand some things. I even understand some of the Russian (not a whole lot).

Are these actual recorded radio transmission? From Krasnodar of course (for realism :))?

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team
why in only one mission?
To hear readio chatter You need to tune radio to main frequency.

It's done automatically if You follow all procedures.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

• ED Team

No, should be working just only by tuning in to 126.000MHz.

This the only way to contact Krasnodar Center.

Or You can't communicate with ATC also?

Chatter is triggered on first contact with Krasnodar.

Edited by Laivynas

Best Regards, Dmitry.

very weird, when i leave the airport i am asked to tune to 126 MHZ, when i do i get a radio message welcoming me to krasnodar saying that we will contact again in one hour... then after one hour of flight i receive a voice notification.. but no chit chat...i am in mission 15 :( too bad i only heard it in one mission only.

• 7 months later...

So, it seems now there is no way to enable Russian voice-over in English DCS without reinstalling whole DCS. Previously, when different languages missions versions were in separate folders, it was possible just to change English missions files with Russian, and that it. Unfortunately, after ED implemented so called multi-language support for missions, they effectively destroyed even those rudimentary multi-language capabilities that DCS had. Too bad. It is strange to hear Maksimych speaking in English, and not just any English, but with lovely British accent too! But I got used to it. Sort of.

Edited by Lehmen