Simple question about contacting ATC

Frag

Hi guys,

got in DCS few days ago and I have to say that I have a blast. I played a lot of Falcon 4 and Lock-On many years ago, but I have to say that DCS is now a jewel!

I bought the L-39 and got the cold start procedure quite easily, but a question is tickling me and I am pretty sure that I veteran here can answer it.

On the first mission of the Kurtsan campaign, the instructor tells me to ask permission to start the engine.

As I said, I have no problem starting out everything but I noticed that whatever I do, the communication menu stays grayed out as long as the engine is not already up and running. As soon as the engine is spooling up, I can communicate with ATC to ask permission, but you will agree to me that it is kind of weird of asking permission after starting it out.

Briefly my question is. What switch enable the communication menu? I cannot figure it out.

In my startup procedure I do:

- Main Battery switch

- Main engine electrical switch

- Turbo

- When yellow turbo light turn on, then I start the engine with the blue switch.

- Then turn on all electrical panel switch on the front right panel.

It seems that I cannot contact tower as long as the engine is not running. I even tried to turn on all electrical switches on the electrical panel before starting the engine ...with the same issue.

Thanks guys! This forum is a bless.

Frag

Edited by Frag

Briefly my question is. What switch enable the communication menu? I cannot figure it out.

In my startup procedure I do:

- Main Battery switch

- Main engine electrical switch

- Turbo

- When yellow turbo light turn on, then I start the engine with the blue switch.

- Then turn on all electrical panel switch on the front right panel.

It seems that I cannot contact tower as long as the engine is not running. I even tried to turn on all electrical switches on the electrical panel before starting the engine ...with the same issue.

You need to have Inverter I or Inverter II circuit breaker enabled, if one fails the other takes over it's supply, so either will do, IIRC I usually use Inverter II.

And the radio circuit breaker "RDO" enabled.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193982&stc=1&d=1536935321

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.5.3.21444

1491840094_L-39CRadioCircuitBreakerstoContactATC.thumb.jpg.eea130ab5af38e9676674f5ecbf1663b.jpg

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080