Carrier Elevators?

BonerCat

I may be blind, but I was unable to find any info on whether or not the aircraft carrier elevators will be functional, either EA or Release, and if there will be a hangar below the main deck of the carrier.

Could someone please clarify this?

Thanks

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

I may be blind, but I was unable to find any info on whether or not the aircraft carrier elevators will be functional, either EA or Release, and if there will be a hangar below the main deck of the carrier.

Could someone please clarify this?

Thanks

In the newsletter and on the e-shop they're animated - which should imply they'll be usable. Mind you the current Stennis has animated elevators too - at least with some tinkering or by inspecting using the modelviewer.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

In the newsletter and on the e-shop they're animated - which should imply they'll be usable. (Mind you the current Stennis has animated elevators too - at least with some tinkering or by inspecting using the modelviewer.

so, it will be like DR Who, bigger on the inside.... :megalol:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I'm starting to doubt we will be able to interact with them. I think ED would've mentioned it by now, so maybe in the future, but this is all my guess though. I guess we just need to add this to all the other unanswered questions.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Apparently functional already with AI aircraft. Get a bunch to land on the carrier and they will go down the elevator into the hanger. Haven't tested myself but it was posted on hoggit.

That's my point. The current Stennis has functioning elevators, we, the user, have to do tricks with the AI to get them to work. I've tested this already and the AI can taxi to the hangar, but the user falls through as soon as try to taxi onto the hangar.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

That's my point. The current Stennis has functioning elevators, we, the user, have to do tricks with the AI to get them to work. I've tested this already and the AI can taxi to the hangar, but the user falls through as soon as try to taxi onto the hangar.

?

Shouldn't taxi in the hangar anyway! Is this a flight sim or ship sim? Working elevators to go to the hangar? lol

Maybe I can go below and find my old rack and take a shower too....hang out in the ready room lol

Come on bro's!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

?

Shouldn't taxi in the hangar anyway! Is this a flight sim or ship sim? Working elevators to go to the hangar? lol

Maybe I can go below and find my old rack and take a shower too....hang out in the ready room lol

Come on bro's!

You don't get it. People are ready to relocate into the supercarrier!:D

Well it’s coming on early access or later. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

You don't get it. People are ready to relocate into the supercarrier!:D

lol I'm having a blast with these comments. Served for over 20 years, on CVN's and LHD's...I'm all for immersion but some of these comments and request are almost unreal. I love DCS, the short time I've been here but man....

Pretty interested to see how this all turns out. I pre-ordered as well (for under 10 bucks, yay) but I think DCS is going to need a DCS centric NATOPS! There are A LOT of moving parts to a carrier flight deck that people outside of the Navy sometimes don't see. Like, I cringe when guys in DCS taxi on deck with lights on, but then again, how would they know not to?

Anyhoo! Fun times ahead!

lol I'm having a blast with these comments. Served for over 20 years, on CVN's and LHD's...I'm all for immersion but some of these comments and request are almost unreal. I love DCS, the short time I've been here but man....

Pretty interested to see how this all turns out. I pre-ordered as well (for under 10 bucks, yay) but I think DCS is going to need a DCS centric NATOPS! There are A LOT of moving parts to a carrier flight deck that people outside of the Navy sometimes don't see. Like, I cringe when guys in DCS taxi on deck with lights on, but then again, how would they know not to?

Anyhoo! Fun times ahead!

I see what you mean. I do tend to over do it with my expectations with this module, but I have tailored them down recently. Although there are still a lot of unanswered questions. I'm just anxious to get my hands on it like othere here. It'll be interesting to get your thoughts on it given the time you said you spent on ships.

Anyhoo! Fun times ahead!

I hope the they implement the deck crew rushing over with chocks, restrain the AC and send it below deck for a complete brake overhaul, with the pilot onboard so finally they can see what goes on below, instead of flying.. Like you would normally do in a flight sim!

?

Come on bro's!

That depends on what soap they modeled in the shower sequence...soap on a rope for example.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

makes me wonder if the new atc will include a lights on deck warning

The Yellow shirt (Directors) are the ones that tell you if they are on or not by pointing at their eyes. Sometimes the pilots forget to turn off their lights after trapping. You cannot taxi a jet on deck with any lights on. It signals break or hydraulic failure to the deck crew. In DCS though...maybe that's too complicated.

If they put it into an ATC response, that would be unrealistic but then again.....

As I said, this is going to be a monster undertaking by ED. I look forward to the madness.

:)

The Yellow shirt (Directors) are the ones that tell you if they are on or not by pointing at their eyes. Sometimes the pilots forget to turn off their lights after trapping. You cannot taxi a jet on deck with any lights on. It signals break or hydraulic failure to the deck crew. In DCS though...maybe that's too complicated.

If they put it into an ATC response, that would be unrealistic but then again.....

As I said, this is going to be a monster undertaking by ED. I look forward to the madness.

:)

even if not a voice message, more wondering if we will get any kind of reaction for it. I dont imagine it would be too hard. similar trigger to the lso saying the hook isnt down or something.

?

Come on bro's!

You wanna get rid of the tanks while you're at it? For mUh FlIgHt SiM?

True, shouldn't be taxiing to hangar anyway - doesn't involve the pilot at all. But why should we be limited to that and only that when it's possible to offer more...

So while procedure (key word, procedure) dictates you don't, the hangar makes the ship more complete as an asset, an asset that retails for 50.00USD and what you want less features? Like wha... what!?

EDIT: might've misinterpreted sarcasm... :doh: might...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

IF they are functional, I hope there will be a pushback function, otherwise they'll be no good, just a dead end one way street.

There's no reason you'd be riding the plane down there anyway. Ground crew handle all that, not the pilots. You wouldn't even have engines on.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yeah, it's more a case of it might be a neat spawn point for cold starts, but that would also introduce all kinds of queueing issues where the game has to keep track of when elevators are occupied and/or blocked, and being able to deal with conflicts when other plane spawns are on their way but someone is holding up all the traffic.

If it was added, it would be an interesting place to attach a new scripting trigger — a special-purpose zone that can be used to detect when a plane is properly landed and parked so as to trigger an end-mission action…

…now if only the end-mission action wasn't broken. :D

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

There's no reason you'd be riding the plane down there anyway. Ground crew handle all that, not the pilots. You wouldn't even have engines on.

+1

The Aircrew hop out, if its an "up" jet, the jet is refueled/re-armed if needed and another crew takes the jet for the next cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd want something significantly more advanced that what comes with the game. Seems pretty good though.

If elevators allow you to roll into the hanger under deck - then that is the kind of significant advance I am talking about. In which case - i'd buy it.

Its the first thing I and others asked about. Not the highest priority for everyone which is fine. But for me and a few others, it would certainly create a lot of interest.

That with the AI crew of course.

I'd want something significantly more advanced that what comes with the game. Seems pretty good though.

If elevators allow you to roll into the hanger under deck - then that is the kind of significant advance I am talking about. In which case - i'd buy it.

Its the first thing I and others asked about. Not the highest priority for everyone which is fine. But for me and a few others, it would certainly create a lot of interest.

That with the AI crew of course.

Yeah. And comes with a massive disadvantage in terms of PC Resources. More Polygons and Texture Maps to render. For something you spend less than 5% of your "flight time" on? So those of us flying VR on MP can sit and watch a slideshow of a carrier? There are more than enough museums to go visit if you want to see what the hanger deck of an Aircraft Carrier looks like. Btw its really not that interesting. So exactly which "significant advantage" are you referring to?

This Carrier Module is in support of simulating Flight OPS. Not the other way around. And in Flight OPS, as we have very clearly established, you wouldn't go below deck. Its fine to animate A/C being moved below by AI Deck Crew, which is at least predictable and doesn't require programmers to address every player action, on a deck they shouldn't be in, let alone spawn 2 hour GR video.