FC3 Bug thread

My research indicates that the MIG29 and SU27/33 system are slightly different.

That should be: "MiG-29, Su-27 and Su-30/33" :)

The EOS is the only real sensor/WCS difference between the Su-27 and Su-33 - the EOS of the Su-33(shared with the Su-30 aka Su-27PU) is an updated and bigger(more powerful) version.

JJ

LOD Bug TU-95

I have attached a track of a simple FC3-intercept of a TU-95 by an F-15C.

As you watch the track, observe the TU-95, which remains visible as a small rectangle until the F-15 closes within around 10-15 miles. At that point the TU-95 disappears although it is still lock in on the radar screen, even at the point that I launch the first missile, the TU-95 stays invisible, then at around 8 miles, it suddenly shows up with vivid detail....

So, no transition from a small LOD to the full visible model...but a jump from small LOD - to- invisible - to detailed LOD.

Surely, this appears to be an LOD bug...for at least the TU-95

f15c vs TU95 LOD BUG.trk

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Does anybody have any problems landing the F-15C ?

At 120 knots (landing speed in the book), I loose my landing gear...:helpsmilie:

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

There is problem with Su-25T. when I release one missile it lurches to one side but I have launched the second missile, instead of balancing lurches on the opposite side so much that it become extremely difficult to control the plane and finally results in a crash.

Second Su-27 has gear down warning anywhere even while maneuvering in combat, happens at low speed when altitude is low. Here is the track.

Longitudinal missile aiming also does not work.

didn't crash.trk

Edited by combatace

Longitudinal missile aiming also does not work.

I can only speak for the Su-27, since I haven't been in the other RUSFOR aircraft yet, but it worked for me. Track attached.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Second Su-27 has gear down warning anywhere even while maneuvering in combat, happens at low speed when altitude is low. Here is the track....

It's warning you to deploy landing gear due to low speed/altitude.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Who knows for sure which version of Su-27 is this HUD image of?

What is the bug?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

well no bug to claim yet as I don't know what Su-27 the HUD is of... but if it was to be in Su-27 we have in FC3 then for starters the range scale should show distance on every notch, not just bottom and top.

Then also on mode on image shows there's small pitch scale on right hand side.

The funnel mode in FC3 doesn't have the horizontal line crossing the funnel lines (image 4) when target is locked (I presume in funnel mode which we don't have in FC3 as the moment you lock the target it switches to automated gun piper (image 2)

EDIT: I think Buncsi is right and this is HUD of Su-27SM so doesn't apply to FC3

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Works for me in MIG29

With the R-77? I can't select it, while in Fi0. Only seems to work with heaters. According to the manual (pg 43), it should work with ARH missiles as well. Or am I not remembering what the R-77 is correctly?

Track attached. At no point are the R-77s I'm carrying selectable, while in Fi0.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Never tried with R77 didnt even occur to me. Just tried Heaters.

:) I suspected as much. It never occured to you because it isn't currently selectable in that mode. I wonder if this is what Combatace was referring to. It used to work with the R-77 way back when I was more active. Don't know if the change is purposeful or accidental the manual still refers to it working with ARH missiles. So...

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

_____

:) I suspected as much. It never occured to you because it isn't currently selectable in that mode. I wonder if this is what Combatace was referring to. It used to work with the R-77 way back when I was more active. Don't know if the change is purposeful or accidental the manual still refers to it working with ARH missiles. So...

Rich

I was talking about R-73, R-27ET and no, I didn't try R-77 but I haven't tried flaying any other plane except Su-27 since a long time so don't know about what happens in MiGs.

I was talking about R-73, R-27ET and no, I didn't try R-77 but I haven't tried flaying any other plane except Su-27 since a long time so don't know about what happens in MiGs.

Well it seems to be working fine on this end. Please try again and, if it's still an issue, please upload a track file.

Rich

_____

Having a "loose" landing gear couldn't possibly be good :D. I usually end up landing the F15 fine at 250-300.

:pilotfly:

No aircraft lands at those speeds...what is going on ?

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.