New Aircraft

4eyes

Ok, the P-47 is a good choice. As you can see by my avatar it's been my favorite plane since I was a youngster, with the P-51 a close 2nd.

The Jug should be a bit easier to fly than the P-51. The systems for ground attacks is easier than the modern jets but it's harder to be accurate. It takes some practice but that's part of the fun. It's also a much tougher plane than the P-51. It can take a lot of hits and still get you back to base.

Hopefully, the Jug will come soon. It seems we've been waiting forever. Enjoy it when you get it.

Buzz

Also...

"You don't need to learn every detail about every system. Just pick a few and go bomb stuff and have fun."

That's not how they do it in real life Buzz... I'm surprised to see you recommending fun :)...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Also...

"You don't need to learn every detail about every system. Just pick a few and go bomb stuff and have fun."

That's not how they do it in real life Buzz... I'm surprised to see you recommending fun :)...

That's before I had all the facts. I think the P-47 is a better deal for him now.

To be honest. I felt strange recommending what I said.

Buzz

While I agree that the P-47 might be the bird for him, we still don't know when she will be available.

If you can already fly the TF-51 I encourage you to try the P-51D. It is the same plane with combat capability. Same MGs as the Jug (although 2 less of them) same rockets and same bombs.

If you want a mustang with a jet, the Sabre is as simple as the P51D but the jet needs even less micromanagement. You have the same guns and more rockets!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I applaud you Skunk Cabbage for continuing to win life. One can not give up, continuing to strive is such an inspiration to those around you. Not only to those around you but for yourself. Daily victories are paramount. I myself have had Crohn's disease for over 40 years and have had to fight daily and I know how continuing to carry on (regardless of any distress) encourages others around you (you are a blessing to others). I pray that you continue in your fight to keep active.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

I applaud you Skunk Cabbage for continuing to win life. One can not give up, continuing to strive is such an inspiration to those around you. Not only to those around you but for yourself. Daily victories are paramount. I myself have had Crohn's disease for over 40 years and have had to fight daily and I know how continuing to carry on (regardless of any distress) encourages others around you (you are a blessing to others). I pray that you continue in your fight to keep active.

Thanks. I am also gluten intolerant. So I know your pain. I find staying away from wheat products to be much more difficult than eliminating sugar in your diet. Some days I think I could commit murder for a hot buttered cinnamon roll.

I'll stay with the Su-25T and TF-51 for awhile. I do regret using my limited resources to buy the F-18 Hornet. The DDI functions are way over my head. Too bad we can't sell or trade aircraft.

Skunk,

Sorry to hear about your health problems - life is cruel sometimes.

Have you read Chuck's guide to the F-18? He explains things in a straight forward way. Not as in-depth as the manual that comes with the jet but he hits the high points without prolix verbulations.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

Maybe it would help you figure the beast out a bit more and get some use out of it.

Oddly enough, I spend most of my time in the TF-51 just sight-seeing and trying to keep my landings down below 2G.

I7-7700K 4.5 GHz / RTX 2080 Ti / 32Gb RAM / 1Tb 850 Evo SSD / Win10 Pro / TM Warthog / Crosswind Pedals / Odyssey+

\low fidelity is in progress

Are there any new low fidelity jets being planned? A low fidelity F-18? or something similar?

The only new low fidelity in progress is the new game - Modern Air Combat. It is unknown at the moment if it is going to include F-18 but there will be plenty of other jets.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I may have missed something - but do you have FC3? If you want an even more low-fi ground-pounder, then that gives you an SU25A and A-10A.

The Su25A is much lighter and more nimble than the T, and relies on just a simple laser designator and a projected gun/bomb sight. Alternatively, you can get them individually.

Are there any new low fidelity jets being planned? A low fidelity F-18? or something similar?
They are making some Flaming Cliffs level aircraft. The new product will be called MAC (Modern Air Combat). It will have 14 aircraft.

F-15C Eagle

Su-27 Flanker B

Su-33 Flanker D

J-11A Flanker B+

MiG-29 Fulcrum A

MiG-29S Fulcrum C

A-10A Warthog

Su-25A Frogfoot

Su-25T Frogfoot

F-86F Sabre

MiG-15bis Fagot

F-5E Tiger II

MiG-21bis Fishbed

L-39ZA

Please note that many of these are DCS aircraft but the MAC versions WILL be low fidelity.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm old too, this is my only hobble and I have loved military jets since my Dad took me to a local airshow in the early sixties. Hence my love of sixties aircraft and all the beauty of the aircraft like the F-105, F-104, F4 A/B/M/K, Voodoo, Buccaneer, EE Lightning etc. I usually fly the Mig21/29 Su27/33, F-5, L-39 and occassionally Mirage and my other modules. I don't fight in any of them so that's not a problem for me to understand how weapons are used. DCS is simply just a flight simulator for me.

Anyway, where was I...oh yes, ED are bringing out 'Flaming Cliffs 4' sometime in the year and that may be just what you are looking for. It certainly is my number one module that I am looking forward to. I might even give fighting a go :D but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I would love to learn aircraft like the F-18 but it's too complicated and I don't fly much in DCS, I am mainly on the forums talking about it rather than doing it, Plus I have a new job starting (my last I hope). I am on 'Linked in' if anyone wants to link up, I think I have a few on my link in from ED and here although I am careful who I accept as it's business related not pleasure!

Mizzy

I am a ground pounder, and not a Jet Jockey
You really should try the Su25T (Free) or the Su25 (paid can be bought standalone, as part of Flaming Cliffs 3, or as part of MAC). Both are ground pounders with simplified avionics. The Su25T is one of my favorite aircraft. Despite having a huge roster of aircraft I have logged the second most amount of flight time in the Su25T by choice, not circumstance (with Ka-50 being in the #1 spot). The A-10A is good to but I prefer the Su25T's superior weapon payload (despite the infamous A-10's bbbrrrrrppppp).

If you value low fidelity do NOT make the mistake of getting the A-10C. That aircraft is complicated and full fidelity.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You really should try the Su25T (Free) or the Su25 (paid can be bought standalone, as part of Flaming Cliffs 3, or as part of MAC). Both are ground pounders with simplified avionics. The Su25T is one of my favorite aircraft. Despite having a huge roster of aircraft I have logged the second most amount of flight time in the Su25T by choice, not circumstance (with Ka-50 being in the #1 spot). The A-10A is good to but I prefer the Su25T's superior weapon payload (despite the infamous A-10's bbbrrrrrppppp).

If you value low fidelity do NOT make the mistake of getting the A-10C. That aircraft is complicated and full fidelity.

If, you had read my posts you would know that I have been, and still learning the Su-25T.

I did buy the A-10a, which I did not like as well as the Su-25T. Which I love to fly.

If, you had read my posts you would know that I have been, and still learning the Su-25T.

I did buy the A-10a, which I did not like as well as the Su-25T. Which I love to fly.

Yes, sorry about that.

I am working a lot of hours right now, I am having to take care of paperwork due to a car accident and buying a new car, and I literally just found out about 5 minutes after your post that my elderly mother on a fixed income is getting a divorce.

So in short I am running off of fumes and adrenaline, I did not really have a lot of time to research all 4 pages of posts. I took what info was easily available and tried to help you as best as I was able.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the s**t peeps have to go trough

feel for ya both

S!

PS. wasn't in jest, have gone through some s**tty hoops myself too, glad they're over for the time being though

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I am presuming there is not much difference between the TF-51 and the P-51 as far as startup, taxing, and flight. I do enjoy flying the TF-51. I also fly the Hawker Hurricane in Xplane. Which I believe flies better than the TF-51. But, there are no combat capabilities or opportunities there.

I am presuming there is not much difference between the TF-51 and the P-51 as far as startup, taxing, and flight. I do enjoy flying the TF-51. I also fly the Hawker Hurricane in Xplane. Which I believe flies better than the TF-51. But, there are no combat capabilities or opportunities there.

The TF-51 is basically the P-51D without weapons. Other than weapons, I would be very surprised if they operated differently in any way.

The TF-51 was my introduction to DCS. Aside from being in love with the idea of the P-51D from my childhood days, the challenge of flying with a world-class simulation intrigued me.

That being said, flying a tail-dragger is demanding. But if as you say you fly the Hurricane by Xplain, and that has a very accurate flight model, the P-51 will probably not be very difficult for you to master.

As far as ease of flying and ground-pounding, depending on your cockpit setup (head-tracking, throttle and stick, rudder-pedals, VR) I found that learning the AV-8B was not so terribly difficult.

Weapons systems are not so complex as I expected. The systems computers actually do ease the work load a lot for the pilot. Flying actually still is flying. You still need rudder pedals. But there's no P-factor or torque, and you have a steerable nose-wheel and a great view.

Take-off is easy, but vertical landing is challenging, but even on the Tarawa, you can do a simple straight-in short-landing, which is not so difficult.

The Harrier is still a work in progress. I imagine it will be another 6 months until nearly all of the larger issues have been ironed out, but some of the biggest bugs have already been squished :D So, there is little you cannot already do with the Harrier, some of which simply require a simple work-around. Oh, nearly everyone says, air-to-air refueling sucks :D *cough*cough*me-to*cough* ;) but there are not many situations in which you really need it, so...

And of course, there's lot's with which to pound the ground: dumb-bombs, retarded-bombs (like dumb-bombs, only slower :D actually Snakeyes etc.), GBU's which are laser guided bombs (still a bug with the TPOD's laser-designator, but mostly works, and always works with JTAC (engineer lasing a target), IR and laser guided Mavric anti-armor missiles, some FFAR and ZUNI rocktes, Sidearm anti-radiation missiles (home-in on radar), and a 25mm gatling-gun pod, oh and AIM-9 Sidewinder missile for air-to-air. The mission though, is definitely ground-pounding and not air-to-air.

Just food for thought. If you have any question, feel free to ask.

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1