If I buy A-10C will it work in World?

Hello,

I am thinking of buying DCS: A-10 as it is on sale currently. Though I am wondering if I can add my A-10 CD key into DCS: World when it is released to avoid having to buy the aircraft twice.

And since I am asking, will Black Shark 1's (Steam) license work with World? Or will I have to repurchase that in world?

You should be able to integrate steams A-10C (with a update that is forthcoming) into world with no problem.

Black shark 1 on the other hand, well, it is unlikely that they will do anything with it when Black shark 2 is currently the only one updated to run with A-10C.

It is worth getting Black shark 2 though, I really enjoy it.

DCS World is in beta at the moment and far from a finished product. When its released, you will be able to port your current aircraft that you own into it with your keys you already have.

I believe that Black Shark 1 will have no support in DCS World, as I believe it will only accept BS2...

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

perhaps there will be a DCS world pack with all current airframes included?

That would be awesome if it came in a nice box with a manual I'd buy it even if

I was paying money for the A10C and KA50 again :D

I dont think BS1 would be supported in the same way a BS1 serial key wont activate BS2.

Edited by Panthro
as indicated

a10-c on sales again? where? was regretting not getting it the previous spring sales.

It's $13.59 on Steam right now.

EDIT: Sale ends in approximately 12.5 hours from now.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Seriously buy it now and get your key. Your key will work with DCSW when the patch comes out that brings in the other "birds" to this environment.

Don't miss this chance to get a wonderful aircraft for such a steal of a price. You'll kick yourself later if you don't.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

a10-c on sales again? where? was regretting not getting it the previous spring sales.

I found A-10C Warthog to Best Buy on the shelf locally, couple days after Christmas 2011 in NY State. It was a lot cheaper than the $60 I paid for the 1st non-beta release A-10C. They had 3 boxes on the shelf. I bought one. So, I purchased it again just so installing it on my new PC only required one update patch and then the additional $20 purchase to get to version 1.1.1.1 . Best Buy.com might have more online to their online store. Also try Amazon.com . Amazon is where I found the older flight manuals.

I have all the online individual purchases and patches saved both for both the 2 DCS products, but not the P-51, yet. I might just wait until they work out the bugs for the P-51 and World and buy a boxed set. The current online download will take me about 6 hours to do. But I am moody, I might download it anyway.

You should be able to integrate steams A-10C (with a update that is forthcoming) into world with no problem.

Black shark 1 on the other hand, well, it is unlikely that they will do anything with it when Black shark 2 is currently the only one updated to run with A-10C.

It is worth getting Black shark 2 though, I really enjoy it.

As long as BS1 works with FC2 or 3, I will be happy.

Here's a thought.. When they release the patch for both A10 and the Ka, will they be small installers like the P51D? That way, those that have already purchased those titles can hopefully just use their previous keys, and then uninstall the 4.5ish Gb installs of both A10C and BS2, saving ALOT of HDD space (I have a back up install of both as well, near 20Gb for all combined). Makes sense really as DCS World only requires the flight model installed, not a whole new terrain because it is already in the DCS World install..

Maybe I missed something, but I haven't seen anything about this.

Here's a thought.. When they release the patch for both A10 and the Ka, will they be small installers like the P51D?

If they weren't, it'd make world a bit pointless now wouldn't it. ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Here's a thought.. When they release the patch for both A10 and the Ka, will they be small installers like the P51D? That way, those that have already purchased those titles can hopefully just use their previous keys, and then uninstall the 4.5ish Gb installs of both A10C and BS2, saving ALOT of HDD space (I have a back up install of both as well, near 20Gb for all combined). Makes sense really as DCS World only requires the flight model installed, not a whole new terrain because it is already in the DCS World install..

Maybe I missed something, but I haven't seen anything about this.

This has been discussed, it's the whole point behind DCSW. Your current keys will work when it comes time for DCS WH and DCS BS2 to be integrated into DCSW.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT