DSC World, which part?

I haven't been home yet to install DCS World and the P51, but where in the World is DSC World geographically? Is in the same russia/georgia region that A-10C/BS2 is at? I think the word "world" might be misleading.

Although other sims like Xplane and FSX do actually have capability to fly all over the world. hopefully with 3rd party developers the DSC World will expand to that capability.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Perhaps calling it DCS Core would have been better. Calling it "World" very strongly suggests that it is a terrain you're able to explore rather than a core UI product. It's also the kind of name Microsoft would have picked. Not sure about this. :) I don't consider an interface to choose an aircraft "a world".

I'm surprised people downloaded this expecting to fly all over the world, the download size should have given something away that this was not the entire planet in one 5GB download. I don't think there is anything misleading about the name, its the place where everything to do with DCS is contained, therefore it is 'DCS World'. Thank god they didn't call it DCS Universe, I can't imagine the complaints that would appear because users couldn't fly around Saturn's rings etc

My original question wasn't really about the name or what they should call, but what the geographical area that was in it. Having installed it last night I now know that the region is still Georgia/Russia area like in A-10C/BS2. That's really all I was looking for.

But we can keep bashing the name if you'dl like.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Personally, I've got no problems sticking to the Georgia/Russia map, its plenty big enough for me. Nevertheless, for people who want the opportunity to explore other locations, don't forget about that Nevada map in the works. And I'm sure ED will have more maps modules available for download in future :)

My original question wasn't really about the name or what they should call, but what the geographical area that was in it. Having installed it last night I now know that the region is still Georgia/Russia area like in A-10C/BS2. That's really all I was looking for.

My misinterpretation, sorry.

Nate

Maybe call it DCS Portal? Would be more descriptive since that's essentially what it is.

"DCS Portal" sounds more like ED is trying to simulate GLaDOS and I am not sure if that's such a good idea... :lol:

Anyways, maybe in a couple of years we'll have more spots in the world to fly in, then the name would fit better and they won't have to change it.