DCS world and FC3

So I am wondering how FC3 will be implemented in DCS World (or not)...

Is FC3 going to be an aircraft and feature package that can be bought and installed using the DCS World interface (after all FC3 is going to be compatible with the DCS planes and helicopter), or will it be another upgrade that requires the original Lomac?

Personally I'd really like to see FC3 as a part of DCS World. DCS World as some kind of Steam, but dedicated to ED's combat simulators. I think this idea has some good potential...

• Like 1

'Frett'

That has never even been hinted at AFAIK - I would like to see that though. Depends on UBI not being UBI.

Nate

So with that being said we have a better chance of life on earth coming to an end on Dec 21 than UBI playing "nice."

Could you release them individual? If I remember correctly someone in ED had stated that UBI owned the LOCON name and the "package" of aircraft. If you released them individually can you get around UBI?

Release them as say DCSS (DCS-Simple flight model) for $4.99 each. The individual price should net you an amount(after customers buy multiple units) that you would have received selling them as a package.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

So with that being said we have a better chance of life on earth coming to an end on Dec 21 than UBI playing "nice."

Could you release them individual? If I remember correctly someone in ED had stated that UBI owned the LOCON name and the "package" of aircraft. If you released them individually can you get around UBI?

Release them as say DCSS (DCS-Simple flight model) for $4.99 each. The individual price should net you an amount(after customers buy multiple units) that you would have received selling them as a package.

It is a nice idea - but I don't have any details regarding UBI and if it were possible I'm sure ED would be all over it.

Nate

FC3, when it was announced, will be compatible with the DCS series.

Most likely, I have no definitive information all my opinion, FC3 will be incorporated. It simply makes the most sense. You shouldn't need to separate installs, unless there is some contract issue with UBI.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT