Chain Home Radar Mod

SUNTSAG

Loving this mod and using it extensively with our virtual Spit squadron.

I have a few minor questions:

is it possible to tweak how long these messages are displayed, as I'd like them to show a bit shorter.

Thanks again for a great mod!

Yes this is possible.

Open the chainhome.lua file. and change the line 'ewrs.messageDisplayTime = 25 --How long

EWRS BRA messages will show for (seconds) '

Change number 25 (seconds) to the disired seconds you would like.

it is also possible to change the time in between you get a radar update.

to do this change the line ' ewrs.messageUpdateInterval = 60 --How often EWRS will update automated BRA messages (seconds) '

Change number 60 (seconds) to the disired seconds you would like.

Save the file and reload the chainhome.lua again in the mission thru the trigger menu.

If you dont reload it in the mission the saved options wont work in the mission.

Good luck!

I also have a question.

I have the script running great. and many thanks for the template of the chains!

The only problem i have is.... the radar does not see some of my mod planes. for example the mod BF-110.

I added the planes in the chainhome.lua file. but radar does not see it.

If i change the flight to HE-111 (mod) then radar will see it.

is there something am missing or doing wrong?

Greetings Naj-Treg

I also have a question.

I have the script running great. and many thanks for the template of the chains!

The only problem i have is.... the radar does not see some of my mod planes. for example the mod BF-110.

I added the planes in the chainhome.lua file. but radar does not see it.

If i change the flight to HE-111 (mod) then radar will see it.

is there something am missing or doing wrong?

Greetings Naj-Treg

Hi Naj-Treg,

No problem you are very welcome. I don't have the 110 mod but if you send me a link I will take a look and see if there is something I can do for you. Cheers. :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you save/include mist, CTLD and ChainHome script into the mission, I have tried to set triggers but they don't save. Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Hi too-cool,

see if this helps at all: Cheers :thumbup:

This realy helped, however I don't have the objects you show in you video in my game, where did you get them? I also can't find the siren? Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

see if this helps at all: Cheers :thumbup:

It does, thanks a lot for this Mod ... :)

Are you using this for the siren? https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3545191&postcount=21

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Sunstag, this would be a great mod to flesh out with potential to submit it to ED for official inclusion in the game. . .

the other guys from Storm of War have been collecting data about the 1944 RADAR systems deployed by both sides on the western front... maybe we should chat about trying to bring that together with this mod into a single WW2 RADAR pack?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Sunstag, this would be a great mod to flesh out with potential to submit it to ED for official inclusion in the game. . .

the other guys from Storm of War have been collecting data about the 1944 RADAR systems deployed by both sides on the western front... maybe we should chat about trying to bring that together with this mod into a single WW2 RADAR pack?

Exactly what I was thinking when I see it, DCS WWII need things like this. Pheraps some German guys could also provide some speach for the Reich Ground Controllers.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Phil,

Sure no worries....sounds like a plan :thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Naj-Treg,

No problem you are very welcome. I don't have the 110 mod but if you send me a link I will take a look and see if there is something I can do for you. Cheers. :thumbup:

Hi SUNTAG.

Sorry for my late reply. Could not reply faster....very busy @ work.

For some reason i can't find the link to the BF-110 mod anymore :( I report here if i can find it.

Keep up the good work!:thumbup:

Naj-Treg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got it to work, its fantastic. some questions:

how can i change the range of radar detection? i read that the freya had a range of 120 Km, the mod has a range of about 150 Km so quite reasonable. i dont quite understand the bellow xD

from the lua:

If you want to shorten the range of SAM radar detection, use their track radars instead of their search radars

NOTE that track radars require a search radar to detect targets (but the search radars do not need to be included in the list)

added the b17g to the list of planes, still there are ??? at type. does it change when they get closer? havent had the time to test that.

got it to work, its fantastic. some questions:

how can i change the range of radar detection? i read that the freya had a range of 120 Km, the mod has a range of about 150 Km so quite reasonable. i dont quite understand the bellow xD

from the lua:

If you want to shorten the range of SAM radar detection, use their track radars instead of their search radars

NOTE that track radars require a search radar to detect targets (but the search radars do not need to be included in the list)

added the b17g to the list of planes, still there are ??? at type. does it change when they get closer? havent had the time to test that.

I simply adapted a script by Steggles to include this mod so that statement does not apply in this instance. You can however change the range detail in the following file and line location. I have done this in my own personal version of the mod. It equates to a range of approx 40nm:

WW2-RDF-Transmitter.lua

Line 18 GT.sensor.max_range_finding_target = 64373;

hope this helps.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
The Mod is now updated and the relevant lua file that needs to be changed, has been added as an attachment in the first post. Cheers :thumbup:

Thanks a lot, I will give it a try tonight :D

Edit: Does this means that the Mod no longer uses the Patriot SAM to function, or I still have to disable the Mod when playing modern sceneries?

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Im trying to communicate with the Radar station but im not able.

For example i´ve set 127.5 VHF AM as the frequency for the Radar Antenna and the same for my Channel A radio but when im using it the Radar is not answering, only silence.

What im doing worong?

Im using the new .lua instead of the old one with the latest mod version.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks a lot, I will give it a try tonight :D

Edit: Does this means that the Mod no longer uses the Patriot SAM to function, or I still have to disable the Mod when playing modern sceneries?

I believe I fixed that in the previous update. Same applies here Patriot should be fine to place. :thumbup:

Im trying to communicate with the Radar station but im not able.

For example i´ve set 127.5 VHF AM as the frequency for the Radar Antenna and the same for my Channel A radio but when im using it the Radar is not answering, only silence.

What im doing worong?

Im using the new .lua instead of the old one with the latest mod version.

Hope these might help:

attachment.php?attachmentid=201319&stc=1&d=1546543795

attachment.php?attachmentid=201320&stc=1&d=1546543795

chain1.thumb.JPG.5789919e124c0d22df45ab7c6bf9d3ca.JPG

chain2.thumb.JPG.3faa2e93f29dee27a9d04c6e8f7f0807.JPG

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well now is working. I was doing the same but cloning your setings are making it work

Thanks for your kind support.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4